I'm New!

Options
Hi there everyone! I am very new to this whole concept! I gained about 60 lbs in a year and now have become depressed. I have never weighed this much and I am scared I will not be able to lose it! I guess I became to comfortable with my body that I didn't keep myself in shape and now I'm in a corner not sure what to do. I have been trying to work out and get myself back into shape but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. My doctor told me about this site and gave it good reviews. I am just hoping it does help me. I never have been one to eat much. I still don't eat more than veggies and fruit. I am not sure what I can do, it would be great to get some good advice and support from people who know how I feel and are accomplishing their goals.

Thank you for reading this!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!, this is a great site, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Welcome to MFP :)

I've personally found it really helpful here because by keeping a food diary, it really does open your eyes to how much or how little you are eating. When I took away all the snacks, I was quite surprised!

It's also great because you get a lot of support and you can ask for advice - never be afraid too.

I promise you you can lose the weight.

If you want to add me as a friend, feel free.

Lottie x
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Are you planning a regular exercise program to help get back to where you are comfortable?
    Maybe a regular walk every day?
  • steph25723
    steph25723 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm new too. Let's figure this out together. Add me as a friend and we can encourage each other. Be kind to yourself today with positive self-talk and have a good day.
    Stephanie
  • dirtchick97
    dirtchick97 Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I love this place! Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Great site, great folks and great support network. Add me if you wish.
  • lNail
    lNail Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I have had this app (phone) for a while now and haven't really put it to use until a couple months age. It is a great resource. It has helped me with my dieting (which i never realized how much bad i was putting into my body). And i just started using "track exercise" which i really like. I like to see the workout I do and know that I completed it. It really makes me feel good to look over it. Feel free to add me if you would like! I don't know alot but I do know some about getting in shape...I have come a long way in a fair amount of time :)
  • diamondwart
    Options
    Im new as well, 3 days and loving this site, I think you will soar!
  • ThatKirstyGirl123
    ThatKirstyGirl123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Seems like there's a lot of us :)
    The facilities on here seem great and everyone seems friendly!
    I think it will really help!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome...

It takes 21 days to make something a habit!!! Consistency is the key. Coming here, is a great first step.... because you know you aren't at this alone!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you are looking for connections.
  • Lkszumla
    Lkszumla Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you can do it,
  • graciemom828
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I like the fact it helps me journal my food as well. Reading all the posts is inspirational as well. I have gained and lost a lot of weight in my life and the hardest thing for me is patience which folks here have all written about so keep that in mind!!:smile:
  • leslieleet
    leslieleet Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    welcome, this is a great website.
    having friends to kick my butt when i am off track or telling me to eat more.
    i made the same mistake as you thinking that fruit is healthy--it is lots and lots of carbs and your body will store it as a sugar.
    i gained tons of weight on watermelon and cherries last summer and did not understand.
    protien and minimal carbs are what i am learning. even veggies have carbs, so i am learning about low glycemic foods so my body burns them rather than stores them.
    loggin on to this website gives me tons of information about diet and excercise that i have never heard before.
    it is very helpful--so welcome
  • izaaksmommy
    izaaksmommy Posts: 15
    Options
    LOTS of friendly people and advice and motivation! I am new here too! And I love this site! 65 pounds is my goal! I can do it and so can you!