boob jobs

Options

Replies

• ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm getting them in July. Already talked to a Dr, its going to run around 6k...but depending on where you live might me more or less...everyone I know that has them or anyone I've talked to loves them...
    **I'm also done having kids and nursed both mine** I swear they have shrunk and I had nothing to begin with : (
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Wow, I didn't realize boob jobs were this common. I thought they were just a commodity for those in Hollywood and the wealthy. I have large C/small D right now and I'm rather happy with them. But if my boobs were to get a lot smaller from weight loss I don't think I'd get a boob job. I'm too poor and I would most likely get disowned from my family. >.<

If it makes you feel better, go for it! :D
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    So I totally want to buy some new boobies (implants and a lift... I'm all done breastfeeding and I will have done this weight loss thing twice so mine are ruined completely)... but I am concerned about loss of feeling *blush*... I like my nips EEK!

Anyone have issues with this?
  • blairh10
    blairh10 Posts: 37
    Options
    I finally have boobs since getting chubby!!! I will miss them, they really came in handy that time I got pulled over... oh and I finally get how you ladies can hide things in your bra and no one notices. Goodbye my jiggley friends my workouts are slowly killing you. Nice to hear so many women have implants I may consider them after reading this.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm considering it as well. Just for aesthetics. I've not had kids or anything, and I have concerns about breastfeeding in the future if we do decide to have kids (we're leaning towards no kids at this point).

I'm always encouraged by how many women LOVE their implants and the results :)
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I want them...but scared they won't last. I read somewhere you have to update them every decade and get MRI's or something on a regular basis?
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have them and love them. Best thing I have done for myself. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and they have not had any impact on the changes to my natural breasts, things are going exactly like they should. I plan no breastfeeding if able, but I'm fully aware I may not be able too. A good portion of the women in my family have not been able too, so I am hoping I do not fall in that category.

As for cost, it depends on your location. Definitely research. A lift adds to the cost, but do not let that put you off.

Nipple sensation, yes you can loose sensation. If your nerves are not cut it should come back normally.

Replacements and MRIs- The implants are under warranty for replacement for 10 years. That means if they rupture due to a faulty implant the company will replace them. They do not HAVE to be replaced at the 10 year mark. MRIs (silicone only) are recommended not required by the FDA. Because of the amounts of false positives for rupture and unnecessary surgeries many surgeon's are recommending an MRI only if there is trauma to the breast.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have had them for a year and I couldn't be happier with them. If you do it, do it for yourself and to hell with what anyone thinks. My kids nursed my breasts into the ground- I went from flat, to a C, and back to flat and it wasn't pretty. I only had boobs for a few short months while breastfeeding and then it was back to the little girls bra section for me! But to add insult to injury I was flat with droop!!! How is that??? Not fair!!!;-)

Go to consults, see what different docs have to say, educate yourself, learn about the dr. you want to go with and go from there.

MrsBigmack, I can only speak for myself, but I have had no issues losing sensation.
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much for your responses!!! I am so happy to hear that most people who get them are glad they made that choice.
    Can any one tell me who their doctor was, what they got, how much and how long to recover? I'm interested in what part of the country is cheaper, and I want to find a great PS in that area I think. Also I have two jobs so I would like to know what to expect from people who have been through it already.

Thanks everyone again so much!
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    thank you all so much for your responses!!! I am so happy to hear that most people who get them are glad they made that choice.
    Can any one tell me who their doctor was, what they got, how much and how long to recover? I'm interested in what part of the country is cheaper, and I want to find a great PS in that area I think. Also I have two jobs so I would like to know what to expect from people who have been through it already.

Mike Gonce in OKC...I have saline 450cc unders. I went from a small 34C to a FULL 34DD. Recovery wasn't an issue for me and I really have no pain tolerance. I was on vacation but I think I could've returned to work within a few days.
    Let me know, what other questions you have!! :)
  • MizRik
    MizRik Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Mine were done my Kimball Croft in Utah. I had a lollipop (around the areolas and down) lift with 450 cc silicone implants. My price was around $7600. I work a fairly physical job and was back to work within 5 days. In all honesty that may be one reason I had a complication. Didn't allow myself time to heal, increased bleeding, therefore formed worse scar tissue. Even if you feel good I vote take as much time off work as you can!!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I want them...but scared they won't last. I read somewhere you have to update them every decade and get MRI's or something on a regular basis?

Errr wrong. The warranty on Mentor brands implants is 10 yrs... this is where the 10 yr myth comes from. Many women have had their implants in for much, much longer. On the flip side, if you have any issues, you may require a revision or removal - again, this is individual.

You may require an MRI IF you have SILICONE implants and have the possibility of a capsular contracture. If you go with Saline implants, you do not require a MRI for detection of a CC.

--

You can finance your BA through CareCredit.com and other medical financing companies. (Or use a CC, savings etc)
    The lift adds to the healing time (roughly a week), as does going under the muscle. A BA above the muscle can go back to work 3-5 days post op with little problem.
    Going under the muscle looks more natural and is a must if you do a lift as well. If you go under the muscle, your mammograms will be more clear.
    Silicone vs Saline is a personal choice. Above the muscle Silicone gives a natural feel and look. Under the muscle, you cannot tell the difference. If you have a lift with the BA, go under the muscle, a saline implant should be covered by the breast tissue you have left from the lift. It will not show ripples (noticable in Saline above the muscle implants).

OP - you can IM me if you have any questions :)
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How do I always end up clicking on subjects like this?
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So...I am basically going to get flamed for this, but I just want to throw it out there.....

I work part time as a lactation consultant. I have had a ton of women come in to see me who have had breast augmentation or other surgeries who have massive difficulties with breastfeeding. The doctors tell them that they should be able to breastfeed after surgery, but some then still have alot of trouble. While many women are able to successfully breastfeed after certain procedures, other women find their milk ducts and nerves damaged and unable to produce milk.
    If this might be a concern for you, I urge you to wait until after you finish having children. I have met many women who wish they had waited to have the surgery until they were done with having kids. A good bra can work wonders these days...........

If this isn't a concern for you, then have fun!

Not flame worthy at all! You weren't judging, you were educating! It is a remarkable thing you do and I commend you for making people aware of the consequences of possible choices they may make before they regret them or regret the timing or thinkign them through! Wonderful post my friend!
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    I have a 7 year old daughter and almost 2 year old son. I got a lift and implants (went from a large C to a large D, sometimes DD (depends on the bra) with 450 silicone implants) and then found out two months later we were pregnant with our now almost 2 year old! I was really nervous about how they would look after pregnancy, etc. and I'm happy to say I LOVE them now. The lift held really well, although they did *drop* a little and like everyone has mentioned, when the swelling all went down I am totally glad I went as big as I did. My doctor did warn me of the effects of breast implants and breastfeeding, but thankfully there were no problems for me and I successfully breastfed my son for almost 8 months. I feel like they look very natural now, and I would totally do it over in a heartbeat! Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Oh, and I paid $6,900 for the lift/implants. I live in SC. :)
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    im considering this next year, i havent had kids yet however that doesnt really make a difference to me as breast feeding isnt a necessity is it? this post was good its good to hear of others who have had it done.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I haven't had mine done (yet...once I'm done having children, I'm getting these twins totally overhauled!) but the one piece of advice I can give based on experiences of friends of mine is you pay for what you get. Don't go with whoever is cheapest. This is SURGERY. A girl I know went with a cheaper surgeon, and her implants look awful and obvious, you can even see some rippling. She also didn't get them insured, so if she needs them re-done, she's out of pocket again.

Cost can be anywhere from $3000-$10,000, so take your time researching surgeons. My best friend from college had hers done for nearly 10 grand and they're seriously amazing, you'd never know they weren't real! She got them insured as well, insuring your breast augmentation is a REALLY good idea. Good luck!

Rippling doesn't have anything to do with the surgeon...it has to do with the structure of the skin and if your friend paid 10 grand for hers...she was scammed!!
    I have an amazing surgeon, amazing boobs and pain-free recovery and I only paid $3200.

Depends on where you get them done. Plus the 10 grand covered her insurance policy (she's the one with the good boob job). My other best friend is getting hers done in LA for more than that, including a small lift...I'm betting she could get them done (and get them done well) for cheaper here, but she is dead set on her surgeon. You can't get anything good here for under about $5000, so it just depends on where you are. Pricing is different in different parts of the country. Oh, and you're right, the rippling has more to do with the skin etc, but a good surgeon would be able to tell if that was going to happen and would be able to advise you to go smaller/etc. Her surgeon was just like "ok here ya go!" and didn't tell her anything about how it would look on her.

Just wanted to add that I'm really happy to see soooo many positive and informative responses! So many times when somebody posts a thread about wanting a breast augmentation there are a bunch of negative responses about them mixed in...so kudos to everyone for being cool!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I just had a REDUCTION last month! I use to be a 40 DD ( . ) ( . ), very painful :cry:! Now, I could HAPPILY :bigsmile: say that I'm a "C" cup ( . ) ( . )!!!! My back is really feeling the difference!!!! I would NEVER, EVER want to have big BOOBIES again!!!!!!!!! :noway: Best of luck to you! :drinker:

I too had a reduction, 1.5 years ago. I went from a 38DDD(after a 50 pound weight loss) to a very cute and perky 34C. I however had no pain, and I have a very low tolerence for pain - cry when I get a needle. :laugh:

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Just a note, if your breast have droop (the nipple sits at/below the crease) a BA will not do justice. You will require a BA and lift. The lift is an additional cost to the procedure but well worth it. The lift can leave you with less feeling in the nipple due to the repositioning, but many people do not lose full feeling because the nerves are not completely cut through (as in early BA procedures). You will have scars with a lift / BA combo but they are generally not bad (most PS use the anchor incision for a lift / BA). Make sure you see a few PS before choosing one. Look at the before / afters. Take pictures of the size you want to be - picking a cc amount will not produce a certain size - they will need to be adjusted (profile height) for your frame size and desired breast size.

There are a lot of things to consider. Be sure to ask as many questions as possible :)
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    im considering this next year, i havent had kids yet however that doesnt really make a difference to me as breast feeding isnt a necessity is it? this post was good its good to hear of others who have had it done.

The "necessity" of breastfeeding just depends on the person! Is it an ABSOLUTE necessity? No, you can use formula - I am a big believer in doing whatever works for you! I personally felt that the benefits of breastfeeding for as long as I could were worth it. I switched to formula when I felt comfortable. My life motto is to just "do you" - what works for you, in ALL areas of life, without other people telling you what you HAVE to do! :) But, there are milk ducts in your breasts that can be affected with breast augmentation, causing difficulty with breastfeeding. Luckily that didn't happen for me! Each case is individual, though. If you don't have your heart set on breastfeeding any future children, then that's not a concern.