ZUMBA lovers....

Options
How many times a week do you Zumba??

Replies

• jen7eleven
    jen7eleven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I recently fell in love with Zumba after I started going to classes as a result of encouragement and great advice from the mfp community. I would like to go 3-5x per week, however the LA Fitness closest to me only holds classes twice a week as of now. :-/
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My schedule only allows for Zumba 1 time a week, but I love to go! It call it "my calorie torcher day"!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Unfortunately, I only go twice a week. The class I attend is Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday but I can't make the Saturday class. Zumba is the only exercise I have stuck with even when I fell of the weight-loss wagon. I was doing it because I liked it, not because I was trying to lose weight.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sadly only once... I could go twice but I enjoy sleeping in on Saturday mornings! I look forward to it every week!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I go twice on Tuesday & Thursday. Also, if i really want to throw and extra one in I have Zumba for kinect along with some other dance games. I love Zumba. I go even when I don't feel like being in an aerobic class just because it's so much fun.
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have it for Kinect and have recently started doing the 20 minute routine 5 times a week, but I think I'll try the 40 minute one soon! At the beginning I could barely get through 5 minutes without severe chest pain, and now at the end of 20 minutes I feel I could go more, so it's DEFINITELY made a HUGE difference in only a couple of weeks!
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have the Dvd set and love it. I shoot for 4x a week.
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and I LOVE it! It's actually the only thing I'm doing right now in terms of exercise. I do the mid length class every day and it kicks my butt. I mean sweat dripping off me and hitting the floor.

I don't know how accurate the calories burned it gives you is but you feel like you've burned thousands.
  • Faerille326
    Faerille326 Posts: 39
    Options
    6x a week here... Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (Zumba toning and Zumba Fitness back-to-back), Thursday, and Saturday. I'm totally hooked.

Definitely going to become an instructor when I'm a bit closer to my weight loss/fitness goals.

Zumba <3!!
  • KimmyLouie
    KimmyLouie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba now 4 times a week, but have seen where the same studio has classes on some off times at their other location so I might add in a toning class, so I have two of those a week.

I can really notice the changes not only in my body but also in my flexibility.!!!
  • Katrina_H
    Katrina_H Posts: 6
    Options
    I only go once or twice a week, would love to go more, but I'm picky about instructors and there are only 3 that I really like.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There are only 3 a week at my gym that I can get to after work so I'm trying to hit all of them each week, no less than two ideally. The Wednesday and Thursday night instructor is awesome, the Saturday one is not as good but there is a different cardio dance class on Sunday mornings that makes up for it.
  • Tiff6884
    Tiff6884 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have the home DVD's and do it 7 days a week, after my babies go to sleep, i get in at least 25 minutes a day, but shoot for more if possible. :)
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie as well. i'm shooting for twice a week since I"m doing yoga and other things as well. Next time will be my 3rd time and I swore I would NEVER do it because of my 2 left feet. But everyone is so nice, the hour goes by fast, and the burn alone is worth it! lol.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    7 days a week for me. I don't have a rest day & as a result I've lost 20kg in 15 weeks. A minimum of 30 mins a day for me, any more & I sort of start getting sleepy & stumble a bit. I'm aiming for 60 mins a day minimum. I ONLY do it at home, there is no way I would pay someone to get me to do it in public cause I am un-co totally.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    normally 4 days a week, and Ill do something different the other 3
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Once a week for an hour class...and I'm exhausted afterwards. Would love to try the DVDs though :)
  • CoralConnor
    CoralConnor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba 1x a week. I've noticed a major change in my belly. It's more sucked in and tighter because of the Zumba hip/torso moves. I also do cycling. :)
  • naddi9
    naddi9 Posts: 26
    Options
    I only do it in my living room about four to five times a week.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Between zumba and zumba toning I average about 7 classes a week. :smile: