Summer Holiday Boozing - Advice Please!!!

Options
Sooo...I am the type of girl who absolutely loves my alcohol and parties, camping and summer are a great way to over indulge. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for drinking more responsibly (as far as calories) go. I hate beer, so that's never an option.

I have a much harder time saying no to alcohol, than I do saying no to food. I know I'm weird!! And I am a mixed drink and wine lover - I HATE BEER!!!

Help!!

Replies

• lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    ME TOOOOO hhahahah

I try and stay to Vocka soda with a lime and lemon wedge mmmm soooo refreshing!!!!
  • Annie_Fannie
    Options
    Bump for answers to this topic.... you are NOT alone on this one!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm going camping with the fam & friends this weekend then Mexico next weekend for a week. They are both going to be booze fests, they always are! Lol. I don't usually worry about it, just try to get some exercise in. You can also just drink the booze straight, no mixers or chasers. That would knock off some calories.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Try some of those flavored seltzer waters or diet pop mixed with booze.... no calories from your mixer but you can still have fun.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I can tell you that one smirnoff wine cooler is over 200 calories and (in the 'old' days) I could drink about 10 in a summer day/night, so that's not going to work for me. I have done whipped vodka w/ diet orange soda or punch but not sure if that's any better. Can't wait to read the responses you get.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    diet tonic water and vodka with a twist of lemon and/or lime is fantastic! also you could go for flavored vodkas (my fav is watermelon) it's so refreshing!
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I usually do Cherry Coke Zero and Malibu - That is my all time favorite drink. If I drink wine, there's no telling how many bottles my friends and I can polish off in a night/weekend. Soooo bad!!!

Oh, and you guys are super helpful - Thanks!!! Great ideas!
  • abbeyw6
    abbeyw6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vodka and ice tea is a good summer drink, lower in calories and with a few lemons squeezed in you can't taste the vodka. I mix vodka with a lot of things, crystal light, diet soda, diet energy drinks, etc - it mixes really well and is lower in fat and calories than beer or margaritas or other syrupy drinks!
  • coltrax
    coltrax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I chose to have a drink I either go for a wine or a mix of vodka and 1 part club soda and 1 part ocean spray DIET cranberry juice. It is only about 100 calories per drink and quite refreshing.

Good Luck!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    dilute dilute dilute...andything I drink I water down...

vodka and crystal light is a LIFE SAVER!

beer sucks and it makes you bloated but i drink the 55 cal if I have to

skinny girl by betenny frankel!

CHEERS!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I just try to stick with straight shots with diet soda as a chaser.
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff Ice Light and Mike's Light Hard Lemonade are both around the 100 cal/bottle. I'm stocking up :smile: they're both my weakness!!

Or some of the low-cal beers are under 100 cals/bottle, but you said beer isn't your choice, but maybe someone else's so thought I'd post them here too.

Summer, please be gentle on us!!
  • mjlobeau
    mjlobeau Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    oh i love my drinks as well. Sawmill Creek dry white wine is not as bad as you might think. under 600 cals to an entire bottle (750 ml). as fas as mixed drinks, svedka vodka has like 67 calories per shot, mix with diet pop, or water and crystal light. yum-o!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Beer is tasty and the nectar of the gods.
  • karamini
    karamini Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm the same. Vodka soda is my drink of choice too, with lime juice or fresh lime. After one or two I sometimes substitute the soda for water, with lots of ice it's not bad!
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    oh, ya tried Vodka & Crystal Light Pink Lemonade (the singles, as I didn't want to spend the entire day with a bevvie in hand!). Tastes SOOOO good, and CL comes in lots of flavors to get us through the summer season
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    my go to drinks are - vodka soda with lime, stoli raz with diet 7up and a splash of cran, or malibu and diet coke. If you like margaritas and strawberries then ( you can make this ahead of time, stick in a bag in the freezer and bring it in a cooler) Stick a bunch of frozen strawberries, mint leaves, lime juice, and some tequila in a blender, blend it up and pour in a glass, salt or sugar only 1/2 the rim.

Or get those Dailys frozen drinks from the liquor store its a preportioned out package with the booze already mixed in
  • ladylemoncurd
    Options
    I struggle too with ditching the booze on holiday. But my plan this year is to eat better, walk miles and not worry about the beer that much, It's a pain being a fatty :o)
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    oh i love my drinks as well. Sawmill Creek dry white wine is not as bad as you might think. under 600 cals to an entire bottle (750 ml). as fas as mixed drinks, svedka vodka has like 67 calories per shot, mix with diet pop, or water and crystal light. yum-o!

That kills me that you know the calories for a whole bottle. You are my type of chick!!! Lol.

Liking the Crystal Light and Vodka and the Iced Tead and Vodka ideas. You guys are de-stressing me. My friend just texted me and said they're making mudslides Friday. Umm... HELL NO!!!! Not drinking mudslides - right to my butt they would go!

**Any of you boozers, feel free to add me. I need people who understand my pain. : )
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    also pineapple coconut water, with a shot of mailbu is tastey, add some stevia or a bit of crystal lite