First 5K on Saturday!!

Options
I am running my 1st 5K this Saturday. It is the Susan G Komen in Detroit and I couldn't be more excited. I will complete couch to 5k with 2 more runs before then. I remember thinking I could never do it. I gave up running 8 years ago due to shin splints and knee probs. Two years ago I go in an ATV accident and got a herniated disk. I don't know what I am doing differently but I have hardly had any of those problems over the last 2 months. I love running and I adore how many calories it burns. I hope to run non stop on Saturday but if I have to walk a few minutes I am not going to beat myself up.

This is the start of a great summer and my new fav exercise ... running!

Replies

• 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Enjoy! :)
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! How exciting. I'm running my first on 6/16 and will finish c25k the week before.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I am running my 1st 5K this Saturday. It is the Susan G Komen in Detroit and I couldn't be more excited. I will complete couch to 5k with 2 more runs before then. I remember thinking I could never do it. I gave up running 8 years ago due to shin splints and knee probs. Two years ago I go in an ATV accident and got a herniated disk. I don't know what I am doing differently but I have hardly had any of those problems over the last 2 months. I love running and I adore how many calories it burns. I hope to run non stop on Saturday but if I have to walk a few minutes I am not going to beat myself up.

This is the start of a great summer and my new fav exercise ... running!

Awesome! Good luck. This will be a start to a new addiction. Next you'll be conquering a 1/2 marathon! Have fun.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    congrats and good luck ... running kicks *kitten*!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Enjoy and don't forget to tells us how things turned out.

Running is great. And there is nothing like crossing that finish line. Awesome feeling you get knowing that you did it. Best feeling in the world!!

Have loads of fun!!
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    Good luck to you! I will be running my first one on 2 June for a friend who passed away in a car accident. :)

Best of luck!
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Im running my first on Sunday!!!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU! im SUPER excited myself!
  • sld_6001
    sld_6001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am running my first 5K (and race) ever this Sunday. I am hoping to come in just around 30minutes, I guess we will have to wait and see. Good luck to you!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Awesome attitude! Goal for a first 5K should just be to finish. You're going to rock it!!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Be sure to savor it all!

I just finished my 3rd one since March 25 and I have another one this weekend. It is a good feeling to be beyond, "do I think I can finish," or "finish without walking."

Have a blast!
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Have a great time...and it's a great cause! Win Win :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I did the SGK 5k here in Pittsburgh on 5/13. Be prepared, there are gonna be LOTS of people! You'll never forget your first 5k...it will be awesome!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your comeback and good luck on Saturday!
  • Frankie3333
    Frankie3333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the love and congrats to all of you who have completed your 5ks!! Break legs to those are doing theres in the next few weeks. We are all doing it!!!!!
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    On week 7 now and running my first 5k on 6/23! Ain't it grand!!??? :-)
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first as well on Saturday! Aiming to finish without walking. Finishing the C25K this week and have run the 3.1 twice already so I know that I can do it! I'll be running in Madison, WI. Good luck, we can do this!!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Good luck to all of you who are running this weekend! :smile: :drinker:
  • happyvitale
    happyvitale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic. Whishing you the best of luck.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and enjoy your run!