P90X program! IYO is this photo REALISTIC inspiration?

Options
tumblr_m4fp7ezapc1rna6xlo1_500.jpg
I stumbled across a photo on tumblr of this girls results only two parts of the way through the p90x program. The results are freaking incredible. p90x is something that a few of my friends have been trying (trying being the key word, I don't think they've been sticking with it very diligently, but, I digress...) it and I have been interested as well...but after seeing this photo I think I might have just been greatly motivated to hurry and try it.

Now, either way, it's still something I'd like to try but I wanted some people's opinions...do you think this young woman's progress photo is realistic for most people about her size or does she seem like one of those incredibly lucky gals? Now don't get me wrong, based on the photo alone I MUST assume that she followed both the exercise AND the nutrition plan for this program at least 90% of the time...I mean I don't see someone getting those results while half-arsing it.

I just wanted to hear some feedback because although I'm even smaller than her in her before photo and do believe I have the motivation to stick with the fitness and diet plan at least 90% of the time as well (assuming I might miss a few days throughout the program, I mean it is three months long...and I haven't seen the nutrition plan yet but I do need my splurge moments) I just hate to think that I am basing my motivation on something unrealistic for me.

Anyway, any thoughts are appreciated :)

Replies

• sarahkittymeow
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I am currently talking with another young lady, around 28, and just a tad heavier than before photo of my post, who also stuck with the plan pretty well and said she didn't look anything close to this after all three months :/

Everyone's different I suppose!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I can't open the photo you attached...but I have done P90X several times and IMO it is worth the investment. Just like any other program you get out of it what you put into it...to be super toned, you have to be diligent with the exercise and nutrition plan...but if you do it 90% of the time as you suggested...you will be very happy with the results
    good luck!
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    This program is a great one! You are encouraged to give all you can during the time the video is on. The good thing about it is that you have people doing it all at their own pace. My friend did the P90X challenge and looked amazing by day 75. Self motivation is key, and I believe they give positive results!

As for that picture, I would say yes. Maybe that person is extremely busy and decided to put an hour and a half to the side a day to make it happen, or maybe did 40 min a day. Every "body" will shape differently even if doing the same program. If you're hesitant in trying it out, if you have the motivation, you will have GREAT results...
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4fp7ezapc1rna6xlo1_500.jpg
    I stumbled across a photo on tumblr of this girls results only two parts of the way through the p90x program. The results are freaking incredible. p90x is something that a few of my friends have been trying (trying being the key word, I don't think they've been sticking with it very diligently, but, I digress...) it and I have been interested as well...but after seeing this photo I think I might have just been greatly motivated to hurry and try it.

Now, either way, it's still something I'd like to try but I wanted some people's opinions...do you think this young woman's progress photo is realistic for most people about her size or does she seem like one of those incredibly lucky gals? Now don't get me wrong, based on the photo alone I MUST assume that she followed both the exercise AND the nutrition plan for this program at least 90% of the time...I mean I don't see someone getting those results while half-arsing it.

I just wanted to hear some feedback because although I'm even smaller than her in her before photo and do believe I have the motivation to stick with the fitness and diet plan at least 90% of the time as well (assuming I might miss a few days throughout the program, I mean it is three months long...and I haven't seen the nutrition plan yet but I do need my splurge moments) I just hate to think that I am basing my motivation on something unrealistic for me.

Anyway, any thoughts are appreciated :)

Here is a post where I show my results. The after is after 2 rounds. The before was taken in May 2010, 2 years ago. I finished the 1st round in July 2010 and the second round in March 2012. I kept the weight off between first and second round. Second round got me down to 119.

So to answer your question, yes it is a realistic goal because I was able to do it. It takes dedication and you need to eat somewhat healthy (follow the macros given for each phase and eat what you like as long as it fits the macros).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/581944-winning-this-battle
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    She didn't follow the diet plan she's here on myfitnesspal her username it's catsummer !
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    She didn't follow the diet plan she's here on myfitnesspal her username it's catsummer !

For REALS? Awesome, thank you!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Your welcome she just posted this pic a couple of days ago and yes she has awesome results!! I can't wait till I start my p90x and hopefully I look like this
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options

Your welcome she just posted this pic a couple of days ago and yes she has awesome results!! I can't wait till I start my p90x and hopefully I look like this

I just added her and briefly creeped on her other photos...she's like perfect, totally my fitspiration right now! Good luck on your p90x journey as well :)
  • CatSummer
    CatSummer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WOW... I feel so flattered!!!! THANK YOU!!!

I am 5 ft 3 and I my highest weight was 185 lbs, I lost all the weight (down to 117 lbs) but then moved to Asia and unfortunately picked up about 25 lbs. This p90x program IS AMAZING!!!!!!! If you stick to the schedule (and yes, I had off days... In fact, in the first month I had a terrible flu and was unable to workout for almost 2 weeks), you will see great results. I have to admit that you can piss about and see okay-ish results, but if you punch, kick, curl and move with all your might, you will be VERY PLEASED with your results!!

I DID NOT follow the eating plan because I am currently living in rural China. There is barely any fresh (decent) meats here, so I have to load up on egg whites (and sliced ham). My diet is not varied - My meals consist of the same few things everyday :( I have done my best to stick to my calorie allowance of 1,200 (now 1,400 or more). I have had nights off for "binging on BBQ", and drinking (but only once every 2 weeks).

All the best to you!!!! :)
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    WOW... I feel so flattered!!!! THANK YOU!!!

I am 5 ft 3 and I my highest weight was 185 lbs, I lost all the weight (down to 117 lbs) but then moved to Asia and unfortunately picked up about 25 lbs. This p90x program IS AMAZING!!!!!!! If you stick to the schedule (and yes, I had off days... In fact, in the first month I had a terrible flu and was unable to workout for almost 2 weeks), you will see great results. I have to admit that you can piss about and see okay-ish results, but if you punch, kick, curl and move with all your might, you will be VERY PLEASED with your results!!

I DID NOT follow the eating plan because I am currently living in rural China. There is barely any fresh (decent) meats here, so I have to load up on egg whites (and sliced ham). My diet is not varied - My meals consist of the same few things everyday :( I have done my best to stick to my calorie allowance of 1,200 (now 1,400 or more). I have had nights off for "binging on BBQ", and drinking (but only once every 2 weeks).

All the best to you!!!! :)

first of all *bows respectfully to you and your fantastic progress*
    secondly, I so appreciate your input on this! although I'm going to be as diligent as possible, it does feel good to know that I can possibly look maybe even close to that amazing even with missed days and a non-perfect diet. :love:
  • CatSummer
    CatSummer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You most certainly can!!!!!
    All the best!! Take some photos ;)
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You most certainly can!!!!!
    All the best!! Take some photos ;)

Cat!!! U should post your old before and after . Its gonna be awesome! And i agree to all of them u are awesome ;)
  • heatherb8924
    Options
    yes this is for real. I am a coach through beachbody and I wouldn't be until I know it gives you results. I'm currently doing Insanity. If you want anymore information about it, let me know. I know a lot about the workout
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is from a guys perspective. I'm currently doing P90X, and am in phase 3 of the program, I can tell you that those types of results are absolutely possible.

But it's not just the workout, the way you eat has to change as well. I don't strictly follow the diet plan, but I do follow their caloric recommendations for the most part and tailor the rest to what my body is craving.

My profile picture is me day 1 vs day 60.
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that 80% of those results came from the diet, not the work out. Her rate of weight loss was nearly 3 lbs per week, which is quite large considering she was not very overweight to start. That means a daily calorie deficit of 1400. And I don't know about you all, but I can't eat 1200 for a long period of time and still do energetic workouts. But maybe that would be different if I lived somewhere with strange food. :-)
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that 80% of those results came from the diet, not the work out. Her rate of weight loss was nearly 3 lbs per week, which is quite large considering she was not very overweight to start. That means a daily calorie deficit of 1400. And I don't know about you all, but I can't eat 1200 for a long period of time and still do energetic workouts. But maybe that would be different if I lived somewhere with strange food. :-)

Normally that is true. In my case I have lifted weights and worked out pretty much my whole life. I grew up in a family. all of which workout,eat healthy...my dad was a bodybuilder and powerlifter (he stills competes) So, that being said I have always known how to eat, lift...etc...(oh and I am a certified persobal trainer too)

When I did P90X it shaped my body in very different ways than bodybuilding did...I now have more cut and defined muscles (without the cutting diet) Muscles I never have seen. P90X is developed so well...that the combinations of workouts gave me a body I never thought I'd have after children and my age:wink: I am in round 8 and this program never gets boring or stops giving me results...

So yes, I agree diet is important but if you look at my before picture I was eating the same as now and doing JM 30days shred for two months...and I looked completely different after doing P90X (not to mention losing 19 lbs and 10% bodyfat in 90 days...while indulging in Thanksgiving and Christmas treat..a total loss of 40lbs and another 7 or more % of BF after round 2)
  • leebaser
    leebaser Posts: 38
    Options
    I gotta ask...does it matter? It's exercise and diet. If you exercise and diet, your body shape will improve. If you exercise and diet rigorously, your body will improve more quickly. It's not whether "P90x works", it's whether YOU work.

As for me, I have the rubber band and the P90 videos...as I know I'm not ready for the "X-treme" version yet. It's done nothing for me....as the rubber band and videos sit in my luggage (I travel for work) unused. I am, however, walking about an hour a day. And I'm following MFP dieting, and my body shape is changing (lost 4" around waist in 2 months).

Find a plan that works for you, and then work the plan. Your WORK will bring the results.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter if you get these kind of results or not. The point is, you WILL get results- I'm 'kind of' doing a P90 knock off and my DAUGHTER noticed my abs are tighter ('nothing's hanging over!')
    You'll get stronger and a stronger, tighter core. and yes, if you keep at it - might take more than one round, might have to graduate to INSANITY but you CAN get these kinds of results

Try Supreme 90 first if you don't want to spend the $$ for P90. can find it at Wal-Mart or Big Lots
    -https://www.supreme90day.com/?uid=B1A472542020817FB1881BB1E9B04C62

have fun!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Those results are AWESOME, and great inspiration, but may not be realistic for the average person, since that's losing more than 20 pounds in two months. For the average person, five pounds a month is a more attainable goal.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Most definitely this is realistic. I just completed my first round of P90X. I don't look as good as this girl because I started out a bit heavier, but I did get AMAZING results. Also, I wasn't 100% on board with my eating. I think I would have gotten even better results if I didn't "cheat" so much. If you dedicate yourself to eating right and following the P90X program over the next 90 days, you will get great results and you will learn so much about yourself that you never knew before. Add me if you'd like some extra support and/or motivation.

16774070.png