Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When to Measure?

Okay, it's been almost a month and I still have not measured. I have used the excuse, I don't have a tape measure. Well guess what turned up last night? A missing tape measure. Lordy! Should I wait til my next weigh in or just do it now? I don't want to, I know my stomach is bigger than my boobs and my butt! :)

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Do it now! Or better yet, go back a month and do it then (just kidding). I kind of went about starting this all @ss-backwards and have no "before" pics and no measurements until I had lost about 40lbs. I am down about 4 clothing sizes, but regret not having the original starting measurements and/or before pics for comparisons. I'm pleased with the inches I've lost since then, but I do wonder what my total really is. I still see myself as 60lbs heavier, and I think having a "before" might really help it sink in (but maybe not).
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    One of the most motivating things for me is to put my tape measure around a body part at the size I WAS and see the difference between then and now. Like vitminddd said, if you don't have them you'll regret it.
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    I finally measured today, been at this halfheartedly for a couple of months and just couldn't bring myself to do it. Once you get it over with, the next time won't be so hard! :)
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Think you should take before and after pics with very little on? With clothing or naked? Cannot post those though can we. hee hee
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    I measure myself every Sunday when I weigh myself. But that's because I am still losing relatively fast. When my weight loss slows down I measure every 2 weeks or every month.

Right now I am documenting my weight loss in lots of photographs but I am wearing loose fitting clothes.

I would wait until your next weigh in because if you've eaten or drank anything that can affect you waist measurement.