healthiest, FILLING snacks?

Options
Hi! Looking for what you all like as a healthy and FILLING snack. I get SO hungry throughout the day and tend to need a lot of snacks to keep me going, but I hate having to deduct calories from my daily goal- they subtract SO quickly!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Replies

• babykell19
    babykell19 Posts: 72
    Options
    hi! a handful of almonds or peanuts do the trick without using too many calories! or hummus and some veggies..fruit. also having a filling breakfast and lunch helps! you can also try having a big glass of water. hope this helps :) good luck!
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    If you have access to a microwave oatmeal does the trick.

I alternate between, oatmeal, natural peanut butter whole wheat toast and nuts. Lately I have really been into fruit as well.
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I often eat an ounce of nuts, just bc they are quick and easy to grab.

I also like to make up low calories veggie soups- eating butternut squash soup right now- bc they are very filling. They are not good for on the go, though.

If I make a veggie dish that is eaten cold, like coleslaw, I will dish it up into individual servings that I can eat quick and on the go.
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg or boca burger
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Beetroot..... 26cals per 100g

LOVE the stuff!!!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit.....Greek yoghurt and fruit.....nuts.....pb and celery......granola bars......edamame......protein smoothies.....
  • osucristinamo
    Options
    I get really hungry between lunch and dinner. My fav is a pb banana wrap. Spread some pb on a ww tortilla, top with sliced banana and sprinkle with cinnamon, then roll up! Great, now I wish I had brought one today lol.
    I also pair it with an appetite suppressing tea, such as Feel Lite tea by Herbal Philosophy (Google the site) it works WONDERS and is organic!
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    You know, I never would have thought cereal would fill me up so much, but the Kashi brand cereal really does, at 9 g of protein (not a horrific amount but just enough!); before I was burning through turkey bacon, eggs, and other crap like no tomorrow!!