Mandatory Ink!

Options
1235»

Replies

• b0mbersfan
    b0mbersfan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a winter tree drawn by a friend of a friend. it represents the tree that Ethan Frome tried to hit on the sled with his girlfriend. There's very deep meaning to me... a lot of people laugh at my tree, but its so unique and would take a lot for anyone not in my head or my mindset to understand
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) - e. e. cummings
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen my best friend for 10 years. This was my own doing. We hadn't had a fight or anything and I thought of her often. She would invite me over to visit and I would find excuses not to.

Then came the call one day that she was ill. Deathly so and it broke my heart to think of losing her. I went to her house to see her and said something flip like,"Some people will do anything to get me over!" We laughed and she said, "Whatever it takes."

She died 3 days later. I had her last words inked on my forearm and I use it as my ticker. Love you Mary.

A powerful story and powerful message. Thanks for posting it.
  • smiles4deb
    smiles4deb Posts: 65
    Options
    Get busy living or get busy dying- Shawshank Redemption, one of my favorite movies.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    If I didn't go with John Donne, another option is Voltaire "Man is free at the moment he wishes to be" on one arm and Billy Corgan's "Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in the cage" on the other just to be confusing.... It'd have to be a small font, I've got tiny arms.

Or the Torah's

"The day is long
    The work is hard
    The reward is much
    The master is urgent"
  • smiles4deb
    smiles4deb Posts: 65
    Options
    wild_thing.jpg

That is so cool...
  • andrewinsuresal
    Options
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!

Dr. Seuss
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    Jeremiah 29:11
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    I have SEVERAL that I've been playing around with for years.
    I already have an appointment to get "Always" done in a pretty font with the 'A' actually being the Deathly Hallows symbol. My twin sister will be getting the same one after she pops out her second baby in November. It was SO hard to narrow down my HP choices, but this is the one we both really loved and it's simplicity appeals to me.
    I WILL have a Bukowski quote on me somewhere, but I haven't decided which one yet. The front-runners are: "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." and "Poetry is what happens when nothing else can."
    Vonnegut's "So it goes" is probably going to end up on my body at some point, as well.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting, "one life, live it"
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are getting the "unfound" and "found" runes from SK's Dark Tower when he (finally) finishes book 7. He wasn't a huge reader before we met, and it was this series that made him into one. He also credits me with "saving his life"...he was on a bit of a self-destructive path before we met.

I was going to get, "go then, there are other worlds than these" from The Waste Lands. Instead I got it stamped onto an aluminium cuff that I wear every day.

I love the "love as thou wilt" quote too...
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    "Celebrate we will because life is short but sweet for certain."