Gym, no me gusta.

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetDee80
    SweetDee80 Posts: 62
    Options
    I like that there is a good mixture of opinions here!

I would agree with va_va_voom. I like being outdoors and would rather doing something that allows me to be outdoors first. I did have a gym membership, but I canceled it when I started college so I could use their gym a couple of times. I did enjoy that more than the other gym. I went in very early in the morning, around 5:20 and the place was usually empty and quiet, which was really nice. I am not giving up on the gym completely. I will give it another go when fall semester starts back up. I will say though it is not fun going by myself. If only my friends would get up early with me :laugh:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I used to be gymtimidated.

Now you have to tell me to stop going so much because my laundry is piling up, and the dishes, and my social obligations.

pretty much this
  • Meevz
    Meevz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym...actually I've never been to one. I'm just terrified of the gym because I've never been to one and the thought just makes me uncomfortable. But I love to run outside and do workout DVDs, so I save money and that potentially uncomfortable situation.
  • kristina0206
    Options
    If you don't like going to the gym, then don't go!

It sounds like you'd be absolutely fine with your DVD's and C25K. If you don't have some free weights, get some of those, and you're set! I go through cycles of my love/hate relationship with the gym. Knowing that I pay my membership keeps me motivated, and scheduled class times keep me disciplined.

As long as you're moving, it doesn't matter where you are.
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    See if you can find a "Planet Fitness" in your area. Their big thing is being a place where ANY body can go there and be comfortable. They have a $1 joining fee and $10 (plus tax) per month fee. With NO contract!
  • dazumbageek
    Options
    I don't particularly like going to the gym, but i have nothing against it.... what I do love is ZUMBA® and any other dance fitness... because it is fun for me versus working out on the treadmill or eliptical... enough that I am an instructor. But you have to find what works for you... that way you will stick with it.

Good Luck!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I would rather be outside then in a gym. I take my dumbells to the high school track and do my workout.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    See if you can find a "Planet Fitness" in your area. Their big thing is being a place where ANY body can go there and be comfortable. They have a $1 joining fee and $10 (plus tax) per month fee. With NO contract!

And like to insult anyone who intends to work a serious free weight programme. Yep, judgement free.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The gym i go to has a theater cardio room...which i like... My issue is I dont want to do my Ab workouts because the mats are RIGHT NEXT to the mens lifting area... I have a bad back so look ridic trying to do crunches and such... and THEY STARE. LOL
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Had a bad foot at the beginning of the week, and now have a dodgy knee. Would happily swap bodies and do your gym work for you. I love going to the gym.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it, but I don't really like it either. I like working out at home more than going to the gym, but their pool > my bathtub, you know? :laugh: And the sauna or spa afterward is win.