Fitbit & Bodybugg - Is it worth it?

Options
I was looking into the Fitbit and the bodybugg. I have heard a lot of people talking about them and I was wondering if it was really worth purchasing or not. Any input?

Replies

• kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who SWEARS by her Bodybugg... but I've never tried either one.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit. I also have a Nike+ FuelBand which is awesome as well. I love the LED display and the goal you try to reach each day.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media. LIFE CHANGING. You actually know your TDEE....which I learned mine is on average 3000 cals a day! I'm now eating around 2500 or so a day to keep my deficit from not being too big!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    The BodyMedia seems like the fitbit...am I right. I giving myself more and more options and making the decision harder!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media too, I love it. The feature I love the most is the sleep monitoring.... I had no idea I woke up that many times in a night.... sometimes 6 or more... and the sleep efficiency is pretty cool..... let's me know why I may or may not be tired... many nights I think I slept well, when I look at my stats....not so much lol

Knowing your TDEE is really cool too ..... very helpful tool that is supposed to be the most accurate calorie counter on the market
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    The BodyMedia seems like the fitbit...am I right. I giving myself more and more options and making the decision harder!

The main difference is you wear the Body Media on your arm, less chance of misplacing it and it goes by sensors of your body heat and motion etc.

The fitbit is worn clipped on your clothing. I am not sure if the FitBit monitors sleep patterns too ??
  • msbengineer
    msbengineer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't know what either of those devices are, or the body media. Anyone care to explain? Thanks :)
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media and love it. Have been wearing it since the 13th and have learned so much valuable information. I love the watch you can get that gives you the stats real time. It also lets you know when you reach your goal. This helps me stay moving so that I can hit my step/calories burned goal.
  • maethoriel
    maethoriel Posts: 78
    Options
    The bodybugg is the best thing I have ever bought.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

The main difference is you wear the Body Media on your arm, less chance of misplacing it and it goes by sensors of your body heat and motion etc.

The fitbit is worn clipped on your clothing. I am not sure if the FitBit monitors sleep patterns too ??

Yes the fitbit can monitor sleep patterns
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and I love it. Some call it a glorified pedometer, but for $99, it was a good investment for me. It gets me up and moving, and it does monitor your sleep. It give you an idea of calories burned based on your BMR and your activity, and I like the fact that it clips right onto my bra. I have heard of people washing them because they forget about them, but I've never misplaced mine and it's become a part of me since I got it in January.
  • schalka
    schalka Posts: 57
    Options
    yes im interested in getting one too but dont know very much about them or which one is the best to get
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY FITBIT!!!! Would also like to get the Nike Fuelband.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit does monitor sleep patterns, which is probably the most interesting part of it for me. The rest of it, I could live without, frankly. I have it, I wear it, but it's basically just trivia for me regarding how many flights of stairs or miles I've walked in a day. It doesn't motivate me to do any more (keeping in mind that I'm training for a marathon and following a training plan already) and I certainly don't modify my calorie intake based on it, so it's just really trivia. But that's just me... it seems like many others really find it motivating!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm a FitBit user! Love love love it. I even named mine and talk to it for motivation sometimes since I dont have a lot of people IRL that motivate me or support me. Mine is linked to my MFP account and to my company's insurance reward points program. Not sure how the reward points will work, but it's better than nothing. Syncs my workouts as soon as I walk into my house via WiFi and it gives me an idea of how well I sleep at night. It also challenges me to keep going. The other day, I got a really special online 'badge' for walking enough flights to be the equivalent of the average height that a helicopter flies! I think it's totally worth the money!
  • akiss4u2tam
    akiss4u2tam Posts: 50
    Options
    I had the bodybugg and it worked perfectly.....it died on me..... It probably just needs a new battery...... I was thinking about the fitbit and its benefits of uploading straight to MFP..... good luck!!!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I bought a Body Bugg a few months ago. I wear it almost every day.

It was interesting to learn what my TDEE was/is. It was actually super low on work days and high on weekends. That pushed me to workout nearly every day after work so that my TDEE is higher. I really really like to eat!

That being said, I'm not sure how accurate it truly is. Most days, it tells me that my TDEE is 2400 - 2600. I eat 1800 - 2000. And I am losing weight, but I am not losing the projected 1 lb/week.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Bodybugg/BodyMediaFit are pretty much the same thing. I love mine. And when I stopped wearing it I stopped losing weight - very motivating for me..
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options

The fitbit is small. I clip it to my bra and it does monitor sleep patterns. It comes with a little wrist band in which you slip the fitbit into.

I love my fitbit.
  • amossberg
    amossberg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fitbit gets overall the best reviews, when I was researching these earlier in year it was by far the best option and lowest overall cost. Plus it integrates with MFP