What do you sweeten/lighten your coffee with?

Options

Replies

• twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    i dont put sugar or sweeteners in mine.. Sometimes I will use a couple TBSP of coffee cream or a few tsp of powdered whitener. I drink 1-2 cups/day.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    Sweetener: Stevia. Took a while to get used to it, but it works now.

Creamer: I use organic half and half, which is about as skinny as it gets for me. I also make flavored creamer out coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, Stevia, and organic half & half. It has more calories than store-bought flavored creamer, but fewer chemicals.

Remember, if you reduce your creamer, reduce your coffee a bit and it'll taste right again.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing it with iced coffee, but my new favourite thing is just some skim milk & cinnamon. Yum!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    4oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and two packets of Stevia in the Raw. 20 calories a cup, and provides a good chunk of my daily calcium.

What I really love to do is to whip the almond milk with a milk frother (currently using a $2 one from IKEA), which makes it all fluffy like the steamed milk on a cappucino. Feels far more indulgent than it is!
  • suzannelmartin
    suzannelmartin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer and one sweet n low
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I love it black :) Only if it's good coffee, though
  • cmoon00
    cmoon00 Posts: 18
    Options
    Silk hazelnut soy creamer and one packet of Stevia. Only adds about 20 calories per tablespoon of Silk.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Try it black... It's not that bad!
  • freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1/4 to 1/3 c almond or rice milk (depending on the mug I'm using) and 1/2 T agave nectar, or liquid stevia (about 4 drops). Unless it's Dark Matter coffee, in which case I drink it black, no sugar.
  • jshashaty
    jshashaty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can use Truvia Sugar. It;s a calorie free sweetener.
    Jackie
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    A little skim milk and Stevia.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee drinker as well; I normally drink a max of 2 cups daily and I use only a tblsp of creamer. I use any creamer; i too love flavored creamers. I do not sweeten my coffee though; just coffee and cream
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I use 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (10 calories) and 2 tablespoons of sugar free flavored syrups from Davinci or Torani (0 cal).
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm bad at these things. I drink my coffee black. Confuses the hell out of the baristas...

ME TOO!!!

I just say "I LIKE the TASTE of Coffee!"
  • fajitatx
    fajitatx Posts: 36
    Options
    I used to use plain soy milk, when given the option I do skim milk and if anything half-half creamer. I stopped using sugar a long time ago.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm bad at these things. I drink my coffee black. Confuses the hell out of the baristas...

:laugh:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    <
    I sweeten my coffee with my handsome smile.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I found York Peppermint Patty creamer...I measure out one tablespoon in my coffee mug, two mugs full per day. mmmm...
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk and splenda (yes, I know there are better alternatives to Splenda)

Stevia is good too
  • wheels48
    wheels48 Posts: 4
    Options
    hi, I too like the flavored creamers, i stared limiting my coffee and replacing with Crystal light iced tea or flavored hot tea [Cinnamon] is my favorite] I suggest decreasing your coffee as i did one less per day. until you are @ your calorie goals for daily intake.