How often do you weight yourself?

Options
How often do you guys weight yourself? do you weight yourself daily, weekly or monthly? :)

Replies

• crysgwinn
    crysgwinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think that most people weigh themselves weekly; but I do daily! Just keeps me motivated!!!!!!!!!! I do flucuate daily tho esp. if I eat some higher sodium foods the day before.
  • Nellyxoh
    Nellyxoh Posts: 12
    Options
    I think that most people weigh themselves weekly; but I do daily! Just keeps me motivated!!!!!!!!!! I do flucuate daily tho esp. if I eat some higher sodium foods the day before.

I was weighting myself daily, but it drives me crazy when I see I haven't lost anything or i gained a pound! :brokenheart: LOL
    but i think i'm going to start trying to weight myself weekly!
  • stephanie1133
    stephanie1133 Posts: 211
    Options
    Daily here. Fluctuations from day to day are normal, so it doesn't drive me nuts when I'm up one day, down another, up the next, and so on.

When I don't weigh myself, that's typically when I get off track. It's definitely a personal thing though.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    daily after aerobic part of workout
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Once a month
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    Once a week. As women we go up and down so much. If you weigh yourself daily it could get frustrating to see the scale play ping pong. As hard as it is try to only weigh yourself once a week on the same day around the same time. Also take measurements the scale doesn't know the difference between 5lbs of fat vs muscle the muscle of course takes up less space, but may weigh more.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but I log it once a week. I do it everyday to see the patterns my body follows. For instance, my weight usually goes up for 2 day, followed by a 2-3 lb drop.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    the real question is do you step on the scale 147 times in a row hoping it will weigh you alttle less one time ? loll yall know you do it
  • kellabella83
    Options

I was weighting myself daily, but it drives me crazy when I see I haven't lost anything or i gained a pound! :brokenheart: LOL

A few years ago when I was dieting the wrong way, I would weigh myself maybe 2 times a day the least!! I was insane lol!! This time around Im doing it the right way and I started weighing myself once a week which I thought was fine. But then I kept reading about how if your trying to loose weight you need to do strength training. Since muscle weighs more your bound to gain a few pounds. I would get upset if I didn't loose anything or gained a pound one week but when I would measure myself I would loose inches. So I decided to weigh myself once a month and thats it!!! I just go by inches and how my clothes fit. The scale can truly make you crazy and discouraged.
  • vicki81868
    vicki81868 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Weekly. The daily flucuations would drive me crazy!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Sometime's I'll randomly step on it to see how it looks, but I only take it seriously and log it once a week. Get yourself a measuring tape! That's where the real progress is! :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every week on Wednesdays and that's the weight I write down and track. I'll weigh myself any other time that I feel like I need to check-in, sometimes that's 4-5 times a week and sometimes it's just once, but the Wednesday weight is the only one that counts.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    When I don't weigh myself, that's typically when I get off track. It's definitely a personal thing though.

Ditto. I totally fail if I don't do it every day.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Everyday a couple times a day. I like to see how it changes and different times.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Daily. Yes I know it's crazy, but I can't help myself! I don't mind seeing the fluctuations. I just like to see that it's somewhat consistent. I find seeing that new number, even if it's the same new number, day after day, very motivating! I only log once a week though, always on Fridays.
  • katykosto
    katykosto Posts: 80
    Options
    i agree, I do daily because its part of my motivation
    Daily here. Fluctuations from day to day are normal, so it doesn't drive me nuts when I'm up one day, down another, up the next, and so on.

• stephanie1133
    stephanie1133 Posts: 211
    Options
    the real question is do you step on the scale 147 times in a row hoping it will weigh you alttle less one time ? loll yall know you do it

HA! I have definitely done this. But only when the scale is being an *kitten* :tongue:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I do it every other day. And record on Fridays.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options

I'll admit it, I do this! or step on with a different foot, like that's somehow going to magically change the weight LOL,
  • Nellyxoh
    Nellyxoh Posts: 12
    Options

A few years ago when I was dieting the wrong way, I would weigh myself maybe 2 times a day the least!! I was insane lol!! This time around Im doing it the right way and I started weighing myself once a week which I thought was fine. But then I kept reading about how if your trying to loose weight you need to do strength training. Since muscle weighs more your bound to gain a few pounds. I would get upset if I didn't loose anything or gained a pound one week but when I would measure myself I would loose inches. So I decided to weigh myself once a month and thats it!!! I just go by inches and how my clothes fit. The scale can truly make you crazy and discouraged.

Thank you to everyone :) I'm the type of person that gets discouraged if I do gain a pound haha so I think I'm going to start weighting myself once a week on the same day and also start to measure myself! I hadn't thought of that !! Hopefully it works :D