I need support from ....anyone.

Options

Replies

• ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hey! im in the same boat as you are. i lost a few pounds then lost my drive. its hard doing it alone but like the others said you can add us and find somebody on here to help you log your food intake and exercise and such. here to help
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.. the more friends the better :)
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE THAT NEEDS SUPPORT BY ALL MEANS ADD ME.
  • Kitabwell
    Kitabwell Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm sort of new to this but I'm willing to help keep you motivated, if you're willing to help me too.
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I could use friends too! please feel free to add me
  • casmile11
    casmile11 Posts: 2
    Options
    6 Lbs is great, don't give up keep going you can do it!!! :smile:
  • mwazwi
    mwazwi Posts: 5
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me.

As of 05/23/2012 I have lost 9 lbs. in a little under a month.

I have also found that support is very important. However, I have come to realize that making a commitment to myself to get healthy, fit, and well is vital. I can get all the support there is out there. However, if I am not willing to do my part, it is all for naught.

Part of what I have to do is really educate myself about how all this weight loss stuff works (One example: I am finally understanding the importance of replacing the calories I burn off through exercise with healthy foods) and how to use the tool of MFP effectively. Lack of real knowledge and understanding has been my dilemma. Now, with the support and patience of others willing to repeat things (over and over sometimes) until I "get it," things are beginning to make sense. However, I had to be "willing" to do my part (like not eating, at one sitting, a whole container of Planter's Dry-roasted peanuts - which I love :heart: ) Now, with using MFP Exercise tool, I can still enjoy them within moderation. Oh, so many valuable lessons I have learned in the past month. I look forward to learning even more as we GAIN health, fitness, and wellness together.

Though watching what I eat, exercising, etc. is very important (and MFP helps me enormously in managing this), I have had to add a missing extra ingredient to my weight loss program.

To all our success on this journey OF health, fitness, and wellness.
  • trailsinlife
    trailsinlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm at 6lbs lost too. Feel free to add me.
  • Onespirit62
    Onespirit62 Posts: 51
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    Sending a request! Anyone here can add me as well - I don't bite hard, but I do swing lightsabers.
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • TrinaSpinn
    TrinaSpinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG! I am not used to counting anything and I HATE working out. We and try and modivate each other. You can add me if you want.
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Im feeling the same way. Please add me if you wish!
  • illunsorcio
    illunsorcio Posts: 27
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The more the merrier.
  • mwazwi
    Options
    Thank you for this information. I just checked out and bookmarked these two sites. This is part of that "educating oneself" that I mentioned in another post. This is a great tool for myself and that I will be able to pass on to others.

It is important to know where we are to effectively figure out where we want to go and be.

Thanks again for these links.

Much success to all of us as we GAIN health, fitness, and wellness.
    Sup, :) use this : http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    and then when you find how many calories you should really take then use this
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm

IT helped me alot in the beginning and i'm pretty sure it will help you too.
    Shows how important the proteins, carbs and fat are and can make the difference bettween bad food
    and good food more than the calories way.
    As for workouts I recommend "Jillian Michael's 30 days shred" and keep on going by phases
    Hope this helps mate, if you wanna add me then do it I may be younger but I'll do my best, fat haunts me too :D
  • mwazwi
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That's the beauty about MFP. MFP does the calculating for you. I see that you have recently joined so you may not be familiar with all this site has to offer. It's AMAZING! Most foods (even by brand name) are already in the database. You just plug in what you ate, click "Search" and a list generates. Just scroll through, select the food that best describes what you ate, a pop-up comes up, enter amount you ate, and VOILA! MFP makes the calculation. Eventually, a list of your particular foods will be generated and then all you have to do is click the box next to the food, click "add..." and MFP adds it to your daily consumption record in the "Foods" tab.

RE: "Working Out" - Any form of activity burns calories. In my present situation I have to walk to catch a bus. All that counts. Also, I volunteer (on the days I am not out job hunting) knitting with a group called "Knitting for Peace." Just for kicks I googled "calories burned knitting." To my amazement I found that just by sitting and knitting a person can burn about 110 calories per hour. Woohoo!!! So, every week I burn about 660 calories doing what I love while giving back to humanity. The database did not have this particular exercise. However, they have a tool that lets you enter your own exercise (Exercise Tab). So, I plugged in this information and VOILA! again, it was added (and calculated) in my daily record. A person even burns calories while working on a computer. This stuff is GREAT!!!

How easy is that?!? GREAT, Huh?!?

Weight loss is now a lot of FUN!!!

To all our success as we GAIN Health, Fitness, and Wellness
    OMG! I am not used to counting anything and I HATE working out. We and try and modivate each other. You can add me if you want.
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Id love the extra support too :-)
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and that goes for everyone. The more support, the better results :happy:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    you can add me, I've lost 22lbsin the last year, I'm always willing to help
  • cplatt2
    cplatt2 Posts: 1
    Options
    You can do this, loosing weight is hard for me but I have lost 13 lbs. I just keep pushing and my coworker neice keep me motivated.