Can anyone give me some info about P90X?

Options
Hello everyone! Being on MFP has really helped me on my weight loss journey but I feel like I could be doing more. I'm not very creative so coming up with workout routines is a bit of a challenge for me. I've really been wanting to try P90X but don't know how well it would work with my schedule. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many times a week you do a workout and how long each workout is. I have a pretty unpredictable schedule and would like to get an idea of what I'd have to do to make it work if I should decide to buy the system. I don't want to spend the money and then find out I won't be able to make time for the workouts. Thanks for any and all help guys!

Replies

• MissesJai
    MissesJai Posts: 48
    Options
    Hey there....congrats on your efforts thus far..you will workout 6 days a week on P90X with the 7th day being your rest day. You can choose to rest or you can do something else (I swim or hike) - it's up to you. The workouts are approximately an hour, with the exception of Yoga X - that is 90 minutes. You will alternate between cardio & strength training - so 3 days cardio, 3 days strength training. When you do strength training, you will also do abs, so between the two, you're looking at a total of about an hour and 20 minutes. During recovery weeks there are no strength training workouts, so everything is a solid hour, including warm up & cool down. I'm in my 2nd month and really love it. Hope this helps! :happy:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I don't do P90X, but have several friends who do. I asked one and this is what he said:

The workouts are generally an hour long, with an extra 16 mins for abs 3 times a week, except Yoga which is a ridiculous 1hr45mins. The plan has you doing a different workout 6 days a week, with the 7th day being a rest or stretch day.
  • dcmunyan
    dcmunyan Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for the info guys!
  • Flygirl214
    Flygirl214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Being on MFP has really helped me on my weight loss journey but I feel like I could be doing more. I'm not very creative so coming up with workout routines is a bit of a challenge for me. I've really been wanting to try P90X but don't know how well it would work with my schedule. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many times a week you do a workout and how long each workout is. I have a pretty unpredictable schedule and would like to get an idea of what I'd have to do to make it work if I should decide to buy the system. I don't want to spend the money and then find out I won't be able to make time for the workouts. Thanks for any and all help guys!

A picture says a thousand words. I started P90X on May 7. I took my before pic and just out of curiosity, I took an updated picture yesterday. When I put them side by side I shocked myself. Keep in mind that I have a bad right knee and bad left shoulder. I don't do every rep and I workout at moderate rather than high intensity. The photo speaks for itself as far as the types of results you can expect.

P90XDay15Results.jpg
  • jennb78
    jennb78 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just finished day-90 of P90X today. I lost 23 lbs during the program. It's a tough program working out every day, but you can modify as needed. It took me over 100 days to complete because there were some days I just couldn't do it or needed a break. But it does work. As others said, plan on spending about 90 minutes on four days and about 60 minutes on the other three days.

I plan on taking a few days off and then starting a P90X/Insanity Hybrid program. Looks like it's the P90X weight-training and Yoga with Insanity workouts in place of the P90X cardio workouts.
  • dcmunyan
    dcmunyan Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing! You look phenomenal!