Replies

• chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thank You!
  • melpmusic
    melpmusic Posts: 11
    Options
    I Love these stories! Every time I read another one, I am even more sure that this will be the right thing for me. The only trouble that I am having, is I don't know what I should be eating.
    I mean, I am pretty good at keeping my diet healthy and all that, but if I need an extra few calories here and there, I don't want to have to always eat the same things.

Does anyone have suggestions for good snacking? or mini meals?
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I really needed to read this
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Congrats!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post and helping me to feel like I should keep going on this! Orginially I didn't think this would work for me as I still have 90 lbs to lose and thought I could use what I was doing to get a bit further. But my body said no!

After a 2+ month plateau with small gain back (thanks low cal diet and increased exercise!), I've been trying the eat more philosophy and have added in 30 DS and weights for the past month. I still haven't lost more than maybe a pound, which is frustrating, but I feel completely different. So much more in touch with my muscles (that sounds funny!) and in what my body can do. I think I've lost inches as well. Just waiting for the scale to catch up now!
  • iremmy
    iremmy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    YAY I'm so glad you wrote this! I'm gonna up my cals to 2800 per day, I've currently been around 2000-2200 cals! Eating more ROCKS!! :)) I have gained tons of muscle since upping cals..........
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    YAY I'm so glad you wrote this! I'm gonna up my cals to 2800 per day, I've currently been around 2000-2200 cals! Eating more ROCKS!! :)) I have gained tons of muscle since upping cals..........

YAYYYY calories!!!! :) I <3 food, seriously...
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks for sharing. I just recently bumped my calories up too. MFP still says my goal is 1640, but I eat 1850-2000 most days!

Good luck on the rest of your journey!
    Jen
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to write this! I'm a fan of eating to lose weight, and I think more people need to hear the message. Congrats on your weight loss, too!
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    oh wow! that's amazing!
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great info...bumping for later
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Will have to get on this!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your success!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gingerwraps
    Options
    I am really scared to increase my 1200 cal a day but it isn't working for me. I lost 30 lbs but now its going on a year (come July) I haven't lost anything and now I exercise and then I didn't. Very frustrated right now. Im not stopping my exercising but don't want to be a fat healthy 200 lber either.Maybe I should up my intake to 1500 and see what happens cause what I've done the last year hasn't worked for me.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wore my hr monitor a full day last week with no exercise and it said I burned close to 2800. I am normally much more active also! I was starting to think that maybe it was wrong!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Awesome, and excellent work in sticking it out. I'm kind of in the same sticky wicket right now...so seeing that this all works is great inspiration to hang in there.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear from those who upped their cals back in march when this topic was started. How did it work for you since then?
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am going to look in to this- because it sounds so similar to my expierence as well! I dropped about 35 pounds in three months by working out and eating healthier- then it just stopped. I continued to work out but just quit getting results, this past month has been hard as I've almost completely fallen off the wagon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!