Water weight with Ovulation?

Options
Someone make me feel better please ;)

In the past few days i've gained 2 lbs. I havent gone over my calories and i've been eating pretty healthy, no different than usual. Water intake is the same, maybe a bit more. I ovulated yesterday (had that sharp side pain that i get every month while releasing an egg). I know being on your period can cause water gain/bloat. But can ovulation? I hate that i let the scale make me sad :(

Replies

• kktiny12
    kktiny12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you read through different articles and sites about ovulation they all tell you that the 'symtoms' (like it's a sickness lol) or very similar to menstration. So don't feel bad at all! Unfortunately we are women which means that every part of our bodies can never make up their mind ;)
  • youcanhumpmyleg
    Options
    i hate ovulation i weighed 13 st last week i ovulated this saturday gone and i shot up to 13 3 and 13 4 at night ! i retain loads of water when ive ovulated and feel huge ! couple of days before my period comes though it balances out again : )
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Ugh, being a woman sucks sometimes!
  • kittykismet
    kittykismet Posts: 16
    Options
    Because of my PCOS, my stomach swells up randomly all the time and makes me gain weight despite all of my hard work >:. As others were saying, it just sucks being a woman sometimes. lol
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    While I don't really have an answer, it is really interesting that you actually feel yourself ovulating. I'm currently learning about this in a holistic health class, so maybe I can come back with some information!
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    wow. I LOVE ovulation, such a great malty/chocolate flavor. yumm..
    Oh wait, thats ovaltine.

never mind.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have heard other women say they can feel it as well....I don't but I know when it's that time and around that time...I bloat like crazy. Just part of the wonderful world of womenhood? :ohwell: :happy:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    A good, long sustained ovulation with vigorous clapping motion may burn a decent amount of calories.

For even better results, try a standing ovulation. :drinker:
  • hoosier_red
    hoosier_red Posts: 57
    Options
    Oh heck yes. Both ends of my menstrual cycle wind up with me bloated.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I retain water from ovulation, through the period. I think I have one whole week of time that I don't retain. :grumble:

Aahhhh..the standing ovulation, and the chocolate ovulation!! Good times!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    YES!!!! I get very bloated and always gain at least two pounds. I'm usually very uncomfortable for 2-3 days as well, feel like I'm dropping a grapefruit (it's called Mittelschmerz!)
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    searches franickly for the door outta here oh gees the men mfp guys told me there was free pie and cake in here
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I gain like a pound or two and feel sooo bloated. I hate the pain. However, in the end, I don't care, because it's woman nature. We were made to have periods and babies. =)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Because of my PCOS, my stomach swells up randomly all the time and makes me gain weight despite all of my hard work >:. As others were saying, it just sucks being a woman sometimes. lol

Same here. PCOS sucks. Anytime women have hormone fluctuations its going to mess with their bodies. I'm sure its just water weight. I almost never count 2lb or less gains, especially if it happens overnight. Its almost impossible for you to gain that much fat in so little time. Just sayin
  • tarnbop
    tarnbop Posts: 53 Member
    Options

This is interesting... I also have PCOS and sometimes I swear the scales have a mind of their own! I can do all the right things, the right ways and be heading in the right direction, and then it goes in complete reverse! Maybe it's my body and stupid PCOS rather than the scales...!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I always gain 2-3lbs during ovulation and it typically sticks around until my cycle starts over. VERY frustrating, but at least I know what is happening!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    So happy to see this since I killed myself working out yesterday and eating well and got on the scale to some different info. Oh how I love being a girl.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    searches franickly for the door outta here oh gees the men mfp guys told me there was free pie and cake in here

LOL!!!
  • wowmom23
    wowmom23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    While I don't really have an answer, it is really interesting that you actually feel yourself ovulating. I'm currently learning about this in a holistic health class, so maybe I can come back with some information!

Since doing IF drugs, I can feel it too. It can be VERY painful on occasion, to the point I have to lay down and I'm pretty tough :). Before the Infertility, I couldn't.

Yes, I know I retain water during it, too.

Step away from the scale!
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    I too can feel that egg release. None of my friends can, and they think I'm nutso and making it up. Hmmm...
    But on the other side of your comment, I don't know. I've never thought about it being the cause before. Interesting. Now it's something to being interested about. :P And probably frusterated over. Tho, if that IS the reason, at least I know there's a reason now, and it's not just my eating habits. We'll see!