Help! What helps you relax and sleep?

Options

Replies

• ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    After a night of working out at the gym i take half a dose of tylenol pm. Tylenol for the possible pain i'll wake up to in the morning and the pm to help me zzzz...through the night.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    flesh light
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Too bad you dont know my Ex, she can put anyone asleep with her boring stories.
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I hear Mary and Jane may have a good answer.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    alcohol
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My insomnia has been crazy out of control since we moved so I've been alternating between dramamine, benadryl and melatonin. I can't stomach the thought of drinking warm milk and meditation has yet to do it for me.

If my husband didn't work graves, I'd totally go with the roll in the hay option.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Too bad you dont know my Ex, she can put anyone asleep with her boring stories.
    hahahaha
    but seriously i can't sleep either and it sucks. Try taking melatonin and or valerian root.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    flesh light

You just won the internetz!!!!!

And I was gonna say rag and chloroform.....
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Melatonin works for me
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    Options
    I watch tv while lying on my couch.... I usually fall asleep and then wake up half an hour later and head off to bed. I fall asleep instantly. Works like a charm!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    There's an app called "relax and sleep" - it's guided meditation, a girl telling you to focus on your breathing, and relax - sounds lame, but the free version is 10 minutes long I think? And I've never lasted the whole 10 minutes
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Melatonin works for me

This is what I have to use, or Nighty Night tea if I remember early enough. Or Hope Floats. I can never seem to get through that damn movie without falling asleep!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    There's an app called "relax and sleep" - it's guided meditation, a girl telling you to focus on your breathing, and relax - sounds lame, but the free version is 10 minutes long I think? And I've never lasted the whole 10 minutes

Oh! That just reminded me of the app I have on my ipod called Sleeping Pill. It's just a letter z that moves around on the screen and makes your eyes tired, then the screen goes black. I leave my ipod at work, so it's not doing me any good. :ohwell:
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I put on subtle light and listen to feng shue music, very soothing and relaxing. I went and saw a hypnotist for this problem and he also told me when you sleep, try to lay on back, relax, and do not cross any body parts as this throws off body chemistry. I go to bed at 8 o'clock at night and get up at 3 am, so sleep is crucial. These mentioned things work for me. Good luck and sweet dreams!!!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have some herbal/green tea and that seems to help. But give yourself a little time before bed so you can pee or you might be up peeing all night. That happened to me last night.

Don't drink green tea - contains caffiene (unless you get decaf), but herbal tea definitely. Chamomile is supposed to put you to sleep but I don't really like it - I like lemony teas.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I used to listen to classical music and that knocked me right out! I think that's my last tip. :smile:
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Sex helps me sleep
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    2 things work for me, melatonin or chamomile tea. I can't even drink chamomile during the day or I will sleep. Oh and there is always the obvious things too. :bigsmile:
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have a CD of thunderstorms -- with no music -- that has really helped me during times I have trouble sleeping.
  • cmoon00
    cmoon00 Posts: 18
    Options
    I take Herbalife "Relax Now" they also have a "Sleep Now"

http://www.herballifestyle.com/Herbalife-Relax-Now