before/after pics of ladies who lost in their thighs

Options
I have been using MFP for almost 5 months, working out 6 days a week and staying within my calorie goals. I have lost a total of 24 lbs and lots of inches off waist, hips and thighs, 15 lbs of that was before starting MFP. I have lost only 1 pant size. I want to see before/after pics of other ladies who carry their weight in their hips, legs and thighs who have reached their goal weight. I have started to lose my motivation because I feel like my legs are NEVER gonna get any smaller. Ladies, please help me out!!

Replies

• Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I second that and also ask what types of workouts that women with "problem legs" have found the most successful. I am one of those women whose legs DO get a little bulky when doing any leg strength training. I would love a DVD workout that has proven really solid success in producing toned legs even for those with leg issues. Am I hoping for a miracle? :)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've been walking/ jogging (outside on a hilly trail) for about a week and a half now, about an hour each time and I haven't measured, but my jeans are fitting a little looser through the thigh area. I'll hopefully be adding in some weight lifting and rollerblading soon. A couple of summers ago (when I first started losing weight) I lost about 2 inches off both of my thighs and I was rollerblading 60-90 minutes 5 times a week. :happy: I'd love to lose another 2 inches or so, but it's getting a bit harder since I'm technically at a healthy weight now.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    bumping cus i'm interested as well. in 5 months i've lost 26 pounds and 1 complete pant size an i'm halfway into another. i've lost several inches in my waist but only 2 from my thighs. i see a huge difference in my waist and upper body but not a lot in my lower body (except a higher and more pert butt).

i started with 30" thighs and my goal was 20" thighs but i'm not sure that'll be possible. i do heavy lifting 3 days a week and cardio 6 days a week. plus i tend to keep weight on my thighs (but not hips :huh: ) and breast, so some of the slow loss would be genetic

also, there's no such thing as spot reduction. fat comes off in ratio and speed that genetically determined. so if you're a pear or hourglass shape then you're going to have give it more time than someone who's apple shaped
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't really have a pic to post but I went from a size 7 to a size1-2 lost 22lbs and about 3in off each thigh. I do squats, running/walking, lunges, strength training. It's been about 5.5 months
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration.
  • Sadenp
    Sadenp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see too ... I hate my thighs!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump.I actually want to shed inches of my legs, the rest is ok-ish. A bit worried it just not going to happened - cycling, jogging, climbing. They aren't any smaller.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i forgot to add : another thing to keep in mind, if you are over a US size 10, you will need to lose more inch wise than someone in an 8 or smaller. this is because after a size 10, most manufacturers increase the difference in inches you'd need to go up in size. so for instance the different between a size 6 and size 8 in the hips is 1" but the difference of hip size between a 14 and a 16 is 1.5"
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and started losing weight to begin with because people would often joke about my big thighs. One guy I was seeing re-named them to 'jiggly' and another friend I had called them thunder thighs.

Anyway, it's a part of me that I'll ALWAYS think is big, and IMO the shape of my hips are wide. But now I'm a size 6 AUS jeans (size 0 American I think?) and it's still an area I'm paranoid about.

1458681_1758.jpg

I guess my legs look smaller but still larger compared to the rest of me!
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I want to add: I am walking 6 days a week (mix of outside and treadmill) plus doing Brazil Butt Lift, which is alot of squats and lunges. I started at 183 lbs, size 14 jeans, 25" thighs and 44" hips. I am now 159.6, size 12 jeans (almost 10) and 22.5" thighs and 40" hips. Most dramatic inches lost is my waist, went from 34 to 28.5". I am 5'2. I wear a size 34 D bra and I am a true hour glass shape.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and started losing weight to begin with because people would often joke about my big thighs. One guy I was seeing re-named them to 'jiggly' and another friend I had called them thunder thighs.

Anyway, it's a part of me that I'll ALWAYS think is big, and IMO the shape of my hips are wide. But now I'm a size 6 AUS jeans (size 0 American I think?) and it's still an area I'm paranoid about.

1458681_1758.jpg

I guess my legs look smaller but still larger compared to the rest of me!

^ I am sorry but I just had to say - I would "kill" to have your shape. Your thighs look like they are in great shape.
    Maybe you might have to say goodbye to negative people. I am learning to do that myself. :flowerforyou:
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options

also, there's no such thing as spot reduction. fat comes off in ratio and speed that genetically determined. so if you're a pear or hourglass shape then you're going to have give it more time than someone who's apple shaped

So true, but sad. I lose inches off my waist (and already small bust) EASILY, but I have never lost ANY significant amount from my thighs. It sucks, because I feel like by the time my thighs look how I want them to, I'll have absolutely no bust to speak of anymore.
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Driaxx- Girl you look amazing. In the before pics too. You have mean friends, who probably feel insecure about themselves. Tell them to work on their inner ugly.
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Unless you're Twiggy everyone's thighs are larger than the rest of them!

You're legs are awesome.

Blow off those jealous teasers!
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a figure competition, and what I've been told by my fellow competitors is that the hips and thighs are the last thing to slim down in women, due to our higher levels of estrogen. Basically, the body wants to hold onto fat in that area because of reproduction. I've been training for almost 6 months, and I am just now starting to see a noticable difference in my thighs, which is definitely my problem area.

Here's a link to my progress pics since January:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150485017266384.354745.512191383&type=3
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I was able to reduce about 2" off each thigh two years ago by lifting weights and doing moderate cardio 2 days a week, BUT THAT WAS ONLY AFTER I LOST FAT EVERYWHERE ELSE FIRST!!! First my boobs went, then my arms and calves started slimming down, then my "muffin top", and finally after 6 months of really hard work and dieting did my thighs get smaller. In all that time I only went down one pants size.

Fast forward to October 2011, I had put on about 20 pounds since the small thighs. I've now lost 15 of those pounds, and am really struggling to lose the last five. I diet everyday, eat really clean 95% of the time, and work out at least five times a week, sometimes as much as 10 times, and have barely seen a change. My boobies are shrunk down again (darn) and my upper arms look a little slimmer, but my thighs haven't budged. My pants are even looser in my waist, but still fit snug on my thighs. My skinny jeans are still far off, they still get stuck on the thighs. My point is that as women we are all genetically dispositioned to hold on to fat around our hips and thighs, and it is the most stubborn to lose. Some women have it worse than others. There is no quick or easy fix, only lots and lots and lots of hard work. If I can give you one piece of advice, learn to love lunges, and learn to love them a lot because you'll need to plan on doing about a billion if smaller thighs are in your future.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am a pseudo pear . Not really sure anymore. I tend to gain in my thighs, bust, lower belly, upper arms. Less so in my hips and butt. My general appearance has always looked more pear, even though I am busty, up until recent weeks. I have always had big thighs, and buy pants to fit them.

At the beginning of the year I did the 200 squats program (well mostly, I got sidetracked and have 2 workouts and a final test to do!). I did the elliptical intervals (all incline, no resistance) and body weight squats. I lost weight everywhere, and lost about 2 inches in my thighs after 5 weeks of 200 squats.

About 6 weeks ago I started seeing a trainer once a week (this plus and ankle injury kept me from the squats). I stopped the elliptical, and did more rower, walking and circuit training. My trainer sessions are always all about lunges. About 70% lunges 30% squats. Lots of walking lunges with dumbbells or a medicine ball: 8-20 pounds. I've also added in about 10 minutes of pilates 3-5 days a week with a few leg moves. My weight loss has been slow, but I am down about another inch. I haven't done much with heavier weights on my legs. ...... I am a little scared, my thighs tend to get big fast.....in the past 2-3 weeks I have done 1 heavy workout a week. And otherwise mostly body weight.

All of this talk about thigh size caused me to measure. I had been taking my thigh measurement around mid thigh (where it looks widest), and I am down about 3-3.5 inches from there since the beginning of the year. Just about 3 weeks ago I measured the very top of my thigh for the first time. And I am down an inch! Over the past 2 weeks, firmness has increased quite a lot. The only new thing? I have been doing more hill or stair walking, and lunges a few more days a week.

So I have decided lunges are the key. I have seen faster results since I have been doing more of them. I tend to do body weight lateral or curtsy ones.

I was hoping to get to about 21 inches (starting thighs were around 27 mid thigh, and I am guessing 29 at the top). But based on how they feel now, I think a more realistic number is around 23.
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up to try to get some more responses!