Why aren't there many members with big post counts?

Options

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that people that have large post counts have either been doing this a long time or spend all day on here. Either way, you can get burned out or reach your goal........

What do you consider a big post count?
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    But, everyone's different and the only way to get the right post count is Tae Bo.

I'm different! My post count bulks up quicker than anyone else's....even while eating at a deficit.

I bulk by wearing sweat pants in the pool.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I never paid any attention to the boards until a couple of months ago. But now I am, admittedly, drawn to the drama, though I read it more than I post in it! I prefer diversionary tactics, if I am going to post in the controversial threads :smile:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Is 16,000 + a big enough post count?

I'm a sucker for the games. :laugh:

Good Lord, you win.

Thanks!

For the record, I do have a life. I swear.
    I guess it is true. When you see a big one you'll know. Game over you win
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Someone called?
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    *DirecTV commercial voice* When you post alot on MFP, you log alot on MFP, when you log alot on MFP you start noticing horrible eating patterns, when you start noticing horrible eating patterns you change them, when you change them patterns; you start to lose weight. When you lose weight you start posting less on MFP, and when you start posting less on MFP, newbies take over the threads...dont let newbies take over the threads lol
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    New members, members who remade their accounts and had to start over, people mainly here to log food, too much BS on the forums.. Etc.

I'd probably post double if I could access forums from the app. Going through Safari on my phone gives me a headache.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If I post to a forum topic twice, does it count it twice??
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If I post to a forum topic twice, does it count it twice??
    Yep, sure does! I'm on a roll here, I tell ya!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    *DirecTV commercial voice* When you post alot on MFP, you log alot on MFP, when you log alot on MFP you start noticing horrible eating patterns, when you start noticing horrible eating patterns you change them, when you change them patterns; you start to lose weight. When you lose weight you start posting less on MFP, and when you start posting less on MFP, newbies take over the threads...dont let newbies take over the threads lol

:laugh: :laugh: (can you hand me the windex to clean my screen so I can see my post count? Thanks)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Someone called?

Carl, remember I said size doesn't count.
    <
    see post count:tongue:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    But, everyone's different and the only way to get the right post count is Tae Bo.
    I'm different! My post count bulks up quicker than anyone else's....even while eating at a deficit.
    This is getting messy. I know my post count.

I heard if you post at breakfast, it'll jump start your post count. I think they're full of $#!t though, because I never post at breakfast, and my post count just keeps chugging right along.

Post count timing is a myth.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    To increase post count, I added Tae Bo Insane posts. Dammit you don't have to post heavy to have great posts. And don't tell me you know my posting ability better than I know it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this post has gone this far....but I am lovin it!

I want to know how much my TDEE would be if I posted more?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this post has gone this far....but I am lovin it!

I want to know how much my TDEE would be if I posted more?

You are massively underposting for your height and weight. Up your posting or you will go into starvation mode.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I have a fair amount, but I get tired of posting here. The boards can be full of ridiculousness.

And they repeat the same topics all the time.

So....can I count my coffee was water?

absolutely if I can count a cookie as protein :D
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    There are some people with high post counts just because they sit here and are irritating all day. They also like to pick fights with people.

Hurray, is that me??

Edited to add: "yes, eat your exercise calories; no, eating carbs won't make you die (usually); yes, you can count housecleaning as exercise if it's not already accounted for in your activity level; no, MFP doesn't "make everyone eat 1200 cals, it's only there because you chose an unrealistic weight loss goal"; yes, eating protein is good for you; no, fat won't make you fat; yes, strength training burns cals, read the help file".....
    I could go on, but I think my work here is done for today!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You know folks, I think we've just about covered it.

All we need is for Fish to come make some sarcastic comment and lock it...and this thread will be its own little microcosm copy of MFP.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Because they're out working out and not playing on the forums???

You are probably right!

THIS^^^^^^^^
  • isweatglitter
    isweatglitter Posts: 134
    Options
    Cause we actually have a life, and don't sit on myfitnesspal all day. Just sayin.