really want to burn some fat?!?!

Options
Hi there Im just wondering what the best fatburnig exercise is I want to give my metabolism a boost and get in to the losing zone rather than plateau like last week. I walk 3 miles a day 5days a week + i run/jog an additional 2-3miles 2-3 times a week with the occasional zumba dvd or class thrown in. This week I am trying to do an activity everyday on top of my walking as im desperate to shed some lbs. ive been eating my 1200cals everyday + a few of my burned ones and usually have approx 200 left although i went over by 26 yesterday!! oooppppsssie!!!

I would really appreciate some hints, tips etc - feel like if i plateau this week i may end up loosing my MOJO!!

thanks

JO

Replies

• BeautifulKristen
    Options
    I think p90x or insanity will burn the fat. Saw tons of transformation videos on youtube.. If I had the money I would do this.. But if you don't like that intense work out try 30 day shred, ripped in 30, Mostly all Jillian MIcheal's dvds work..
  • JenniferRT66
    JenniferRT66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do step aerobics and love it. I have to watch anything that is too high impact on my knees. I don't have a major knee problem, but they do get achy sometimes. I can do some jogging though, so I will alternate walking / jogging. But for more high calorie fat burning, I tend to do the step aerobics. Guess I'm old school. LOL
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks - what is insanity? never heard of this before? i live in UK! and whats the shred? - im obviously not with it - but i agree i dont really want to be spending lots on classes etc - thats why i love the running/jogging/walking its just me my gear and my ipod and if were lucky enough to get some nice weather its a great workout - may start and push myself further.

i did a stp class before but i do have a bad knee sometimes swells so bad i tell people its pregnant LOL!! i broke it about 8 years ago and it will always be weak i was in plaster for 18 weeks and then had to have hydo therapy & physio therapy for another 4-6 months afterwards. its all good now but is so weak i wear a support most of the time when i run but can be a pain.

i just really want to loose a few lbs this week im stuck on 19lbs loss nearly 2 weeks now and id like to get to 21lb loss to round it off to a stone & a half.

appreciate any tips

x
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    I don't know if you can get things from the USA to the UK..

go to www.JillianMicheals.com

and look online
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Have you tried mixing in some weights with your cardio? Even some light lifting (5-10lbs) will kick start your metabolism. The reason being your muscle will use energy to repair itself afterward, and a good weight workout will get that metabolism burning up to 36 hours afterwards.
  • loveskinny27
    Options
    I will try the weight thing - just hope it doesnt bulk me up - i want to get slender!! not scwartzneger! lol!! but thank you! :):drinker:
  • loveskinny27
    Options

and look online

thanks had a look it wont open here? but thanks anyway :):smile:
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm UK too. You can get P90X on amazon and the Jillian DVD's. You should do interval training, mix up your workouts. Running is great but try running full pelt for a min, then jog a minute then run again! this will get your hear rate up more and burn more fat!!
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    how the hell are you surviving on 1200 calories and your going to weight training or insanity. The insanity is how you are starving your body. WOW
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options

I live in the UK and have Insanity and 30 day shred. Check Amazon :wink:
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can buy Jillian Michaels DVD's on Amazon in the UK - 30 day shred is £4.99.

Weights will not bulk you up as you are female and so not full of testosterone! you would need to take hormones and steroids to bulk up like a man!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I will try the weight thing - just hope it doesnt bulk me up - i want to get slender!! not scwartzneger! lol!! but thank you! :):drinker:

You won't bulk up but you will tighten up which will make you look more slender. I do cardio and fairly heavy lifting and trust me you lose inches. I love the weights,:flowerforyou:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Fat burning occurs when you eat fewer calories than you expend, not because of the type of exercise you do.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

and look online

Try amazon.co.uk You should be able to find Jillian Micheals videos that way. You may also be able to find Insanity and P90X which are extreme workouts. Each one will make you sweat buckets.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Anyone wants to try something different get into doing some tabadas or HIIT. This is the round I run and I mix up the work outs also and the times. Its completely customizable and you can do it anywhere with no equipment. I started using a gym so I have boxes to do jumps now and kettle bell swings but yea its awesome. I am down from 30% to 12.2% in just over a year. No its not FAST but it works and you feel AMAZING!

Ok so this is based on 8 rounds total 5 min of work per round and 1 minute off.

20 seconds lunges
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds sit ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds squats
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds bicycles (core)
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds high knees
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds plank
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds step ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds push ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds jumping jacks
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds mountain climbers
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    How's your diet? Also muscle burns fat. Lift Heavy
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I will try the weight thing - just hope it doesnt bulk me up - i want to get slender!! not scwartzneger!
    An average woman doesn’t have the amount of testosterone to "bulk up". To build significant amounts of muscle mass - especially for women - requires a very high calorie, high protein diet, combined with very heavy high volume weightlifting and high levels of the hormone testosterone (which most women only produce in very small amounts). To "bulk up" most women would be required to eat large amounts of food, lift heavy weight most days of the week and use steroids. So... short answer: you won't bulk up!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    women don't bulk up like that.

you are eating too low build muscle anyway. I really recommend eating over your BMR (not that I am a professional or anything but it worked for me).

If you want to burn fat start lifting heavy weights.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    how the hell are you surviving on 1200 calories and your going to weight training or insanity. The insanity is how you are starving your body. WOW

She's not doing insanity. She's never even heard of it before.