My First NSV!

Options
gomisskellygo
gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
For 20 or so years, I smoked a pack and half a day and wheezed when I walked up stairs. Almost 4 months ago I quit smoking and began MFP.
Tonight I ran a 5K, no stopping (on my own, no race). I enjoy running up and down stadium stairs. No wheezing. No breathing issues at all! And although my weight loss has been very slow, I will keep on keepin on.

I have never felt better, slept better, or sounded better. I have looked better :laugh: but that will change:)

So thanks to all of you for posting such useful info and inspiring success stories. I can't wait to post mine someday!

Replies

• JJPT
    JJPT Posts: 69
    Options
    wow - congrats on the 5k! I know just how amazing that feels :)
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Great NSV! Glad that you are taking the steps to make a better you (literally and figuratively). Keep up that attitude and hard work! And of course I wish you luck with your goals.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    congrats! keep up the awesome work!
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! I quit almost 4 months ago as well after 20 some odd years. Still dealing with some asthma but no where near what it used to be. Keep up the good work!!!
  • Frederi825
    Frederi825 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What's an NSV?
  • redhead1234567890
    Options
    non scale victory
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking (and the 5K)! I quit smoking about 10 years ago and I am so happy I did.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    WOOOT!!!
    Feels awesome to be kick *kitten*, doesn't it??
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    very nice job! Congrats on your success!
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 4 months of no smoking. That is awesome!! You're aIso becoming a runner, which is also something to be proud of. The weight will come off. Keep it up.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    And although my weight loss has been very slow, I will keep on keepin on.

I have never felt better, slept better, or sounded better. I have looked better :laugh: but that will change:)

So thanks to all of you for posting such useful info and inspiring success stories. I can't wait to post mine someday!

Hey, my Mom who was 5'7" and 103 lbs when she graduated from HS and would freak out and say she was "fat" if she got over 120 lbs, gained up to 140lbs once when she quit smoking so if an anorexic person like her gained weight, the fact that you are running without wheezing and feeling so much better PLUS you lost a few pounds instead of gaining them... WOW, big victory! Wishing you the best of luck with all your future endeavors!
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    That's amazing!! I quit almost 4 months ago as well after 20 some odd years. Still dealing with some asthma but no where near what it used to be. Keep up the good work!!!

Thank you! Good job to you!!
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking (and the 5K)! I quit smoking about 10 years ago and I am so happy I did.

Thanks! The smoking was MUCH harder than the 5K!! The 5k was 40 minutes..the smokin cravings as you know are for life!
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    WOOOT!!!
    Feels awesome to be kick *kitten*, doesn't it??

Why yes it does!! And right back atcha sister!
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    And although my weight loss has been very slow, I will keep on keepin on.

Hey, my Mom who was 5'7" and 103 lbs when she graduated from HS and would freak out and say she was "fat" if she got over 120 lbs, gained up to 140lbs once when she quit smoking so if an anorexic person like her gained weight, the fact that you are running without wheezing and feeling so much better PLUS you lost a few pounds instead of gaining them... WOW, big victory! Wishing you the best of luck with all your future endeavors!

Thanks for that! My body has been fighting hard to not budge on the scale!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You're my hero!
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    That is great! And just think, there are people smaller than you who can't even run that long. I Never could run a mile straight. Quit smoking in April, and topped myself out at a 3 mile non stop run @6.3 mph

Just a reminder that ANYTHING is possible :)
  • gomisskellygo
    Options
    That is great! And just think, there are people smaller than you who can't even run that long. I Never could run a mile straight. Quit smoking in April, and topped myself out at a 3 mile non stop run @6.3 mph

Just a reminder that ANYTHING is possible :)

Good for you as well! Wow, you are fast!!
  • Frederi825
    Frederi825 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!