Low calories Breakfast

Options

Replies

• porcelain_me
    Options
    My breakfasts tend to be: 2 egg ham omelette (protein!!)
    75g porridge with sweetener
    2 weetabix with a banana cup up and mixed in :-)
    Scrambled egg on toast
    3 shredded wheat with summer berries (get the frozen ones they are so much cheaper!)
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Try using almond milk it has less calories than skim milk & taste great. If you miss the sugar try slicing strrawberries or sprinkling raisins on your corn flakes. Change it up by making a low cal smoothie for breakfast throw in a scoop of protein mix to keep you satisfied longer. Also instead of counting calories watch the carbs if you can do both even better. Good luck!

@Alicita72. Looking at your weight loss I should be listening to your advice I think:) I totally agree that carbs are the ones that are more important to look at. But I am thinking that as long as I am keeping my carbs within my daily goal then it is fine. My first hurdle is to control my calories and stick to that. With experience and advice from you guys I will start looking after my carbs too.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am always in a hurry because I like to sleep so my go to's are: 1) oatmeal; or 2) over medium egg on a slice of wheat toast with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese, pat of butter, and a shot of Sriracha (yuM!)

I keep the oatmeal in my desk at work for just in case I forget or run out of time to make breakfast. The egg takes less than 2 minutes during which I toast and butter the bread. Sometimes I microwave the egg in a coffee cup for 45-60 seconds which creates an egg mcMuffin to put on top of a multigrain English muffin (spray the cup with nonstick before cracking the egg, leave it alone for traditional EMM or you can slightly scramble with a dash of milk.)
  • gemaudlin
    gemaudlin Posts: 81
    Options
    I use 40 calorie per slice sara lee bread. It's delicious and doesn't take up a whole lot of my daily calories. I usualy have 2 slices of toast(80) with 3 slices of center cut bacon(70) and 3 egg whites (70). It's only 220 calories. :)
    Also... I love the 90 calorie muffins that sara lee makes as well. Some days I will have a bacon egg and cheese muffin (center cut bacon, egg whtie, and kraft fat free cheese... overall 165 calories) and I usually have a side of fruit with it.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I really like Oatmeal or fruit for breakfast. I use the Cinnamon flavor whole grain Weight Management oatmeal from the IGA. It has 160 cal, 7g protien, and 1g sugar per pack and it is very filling! I have one pack every morning with 1/2 cup fat free yogurt (50 cal) and it keeps me full til lunch! Another thing I like to do is eat fruit for breakfast (you can pair it with any healthy option for a great, low calorie breakfast). When i dont want oatmeal, i usually have a banana (100-120 cal) with 1/2 cup fat free yogurt (50cal) and some steamed veggies (20-60 cal) (total of 210-240cal)
  • 90lbmom4ever
    90lbmom4ever Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    really low calorie filling breakfasts

eggs
    1/2 cup liquid eggs (or 4 egg whites) with 1/3 jimmy dean turkey sausage crumbles 100 calories super high protein

diet french toast
    2 slices saralee delightful bread 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid eggs 1 capful of skim milk and sugar free breakfast syrup 135 calories

cereal
    3/4 cup fiber one 80 calorie cereal 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk 98 calories
  • Mousavi9730
    Options
    I don't want to do any cooking in the mornings. High fiber cereal from Trader Joe's with almond breeze is a perfect breakfast for me.:smile:
  • joanmikesell
    joanmikesell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Latortilla Factory Whole Wheat, Low Carb Wrap - 50 cal. Two egg whites - scrambled - 50 cal and low fat swiss cheese - 50 cal. top with a few strips of green peppers - 160 total calories and very filling.
  • viki37
    viki37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds delish, what are the recipes to this, and step by step if you dont mind, Im not familiar with fixing anything but cereal and hot dogs in the kitchen.
  • asafcat
    asafcat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a slice of sprouted wheat toast with laughing cow light french onion cheese wedge, 1 tomatoe sliced on top with 3 mint leaves and a cup of coffee with almond milk and stevia sweetner. Total calories are under 200.

Other ideas:

-1 Egg, 1 slice of whole wheat toast, a 1 cup of strawberries and coffee (this is under 300 calories)

-2 multi grain waffles topped with fruit (berries are low in calories and very healthy), even just using 1/8 cup of syrum will still keep this under 300 calories

-Refrigerated oatmeal (eat this at least once a week)

http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/221/Apple+Cinnamon+Refrigerator+Oatmeal

Anyway, just some ideas to throw your way. Good Luck!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I mostly have soyayoghurt and All Bran. This fills me up quite a while. I replaced most of my joghurt with soyaproducts and I feel way better with that.

Other than that Omelette, 2 whole eggs, 3 extra eggwhites, fried green asparagus and some parmesan cheese.
  • tarafincher
    Options
    I get tired of cereal so I'm getting hooked on scrambled eggs. I find if you mix one egg with the liquid egg whites (cardboard milk box) the calories aren't bad. Plus, the keep me fuller longer than cereal.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Breakfast should be the most calorie dense meal. You're not getting enough complex carbs from a cereal, try some oatmeal with the fruit of your liking. Also don't forgot to have a protein. YOUR NOT GOING TO GET SUPER BUFF EAT PROTEIN. It will dramatically help you lose weight. Good Luck Swolider
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Egg whites/Egg Beaters is good and low cal. I eat Greek Yogurt with a handful of almonds in it a lot and thats ~225 cals or so. Also, I've switched from dairy milk over to Rice or Almond milk. If you use the unsweetened almond milk.. its 35 cals/cup (Silk brand). The sweetened is like 60 cals/cup.

I generally eat Cheerios or Chex to keep the calories down on cereal also.

Do a search on here for easy egg in a mug recipes.. I found a thread a while back that had a dozen or so of them in it.
  • NotAlone82
    NotAlone82 Posts: 32
    Options
    5 egg whites
    2 cups spinach
    1/4 sweet onion
    1/2 red vine tomato
    1/4 cup feta
    200 CALORIES. VERY, VERY FILLING

Put onion in skillet with 1tbsp water. Sautee. Add egg whites, spinach and tomato. Cook till eggs are done. Put in bowl and add feta. SOOOOOOOO GOOD
  • grubester
    grubester Posts: 8
    Options
    Get some pepperidge farm cinnamon bread. Dip in egg beaters and cook on griddle. Makes a delicious french toast.. I cook the whole loaf on the weekend and then pop a couple pieces in the toaster for breakfast each morning.

2 pieces of the french toast, sugar free syrup, and 2 turkey sausage links (Hormel precooked, just pop in microwave) is 275 calories. I find it very filling.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5 egg whites
    2 cups spinach
    1/4 sweet onion
    1/2 red vine tomato
    1/4 cup feta
    200 CALORIES. VERY, VERY FILLING

Put onion in skillet with 1tbsp water. Sautee. Add egg whites, spinach and tomato. Cook till eggs are done. Put in bowl and add feta. SOOOOOOOO GOOD

Gonna have to try this one. I might have to sub the tomatoes for some sun dried or something to kill a little of the tomato flavor.. but that's a preference.
  • bennscrappy
    bennscrappy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How about Intermittent Fasting through breakfast? I haven't eaten breakfast since January 20th. I do eat what I call "startfast" just before bed. Sunnyside-up egg on Arnold extra fiber bread with malt vinegar, salsa, and cayenne pepper. 188 calories, 5g fiber, 11g protein. It has the protein and carbs to keep your body building lean muscle while you sleep!
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Get some pepperidge farm cinnamon bread. Dip in egg beaters and cook on griddle. Makes a delicious french toast.. I cook the whole loaf on the weekend and then pop a couple pieces in the toaster for breakfast each morning.

2 pieces of the french toast, sugar free syrup, and 2 turkey sausage links (Hormel precooked, just pop in microwave) is 275 calories. I find it very filling.

Sounds great. I will have to try this!
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of breakfast eater but what I do like are the Carnation Instant Breakfasts. They have powder mix and a ready to drink bottle (I use the powder) with several flavors. You stir the powder into milk. Its 220 calories with a cup of skim milk. Lots of vitamins and minerals and also a good source of protein and calcium. It keeps me full till lunch.