Question about water?

Options

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I carry a 32 oz Nalgene bottle and try to drink 3 per day plus whatever I drink at meals.

I don't like cold water at work (usually freezing anyway), but an insulated bottle would work if you like your water chilled.

I put lemon and basil in my water to make it more interesting and because the water at work tastes pretty crummy.

It sounds funny, but I try to make myself drink 8 oz BEFORE I go to the bathroom. I'm on my way and already thinking about it. I used to try to do it right after, but somehow I'd always forget. This way it's first and foremost on my mind ;-)

I'm also a big snacker at work, so I'll make myself drink the full 32 oz bottle before I can have a snack. Sometimes it keeps me from being hungry for the snack by the time I'm done.

I also drink a glass or two of herbal tea during my day (did I mention I get cold at work). I usually do a fruit tea + a green tea bag. As long as it's decaf, I count it toward my water intake.

Hope that helps!
    Good luck to you :-)
    Jen
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I know your supposed to drink X amount of water a day to lose weight...but what is the secret to drink it? I mean after so much, to me it becomes a chore to keep forcing myself to drink it.

Is there a trick to this and/or what are some of the things y'all do?

Thanks in advance as I know this is very important
    Ohhh and feel free to add me as well...as I need all the help I can get LOL

I keep a 24oz water bottle with a straw full and with me at all times.

Sometimes I forget to leave it behind when I get to a store and have to go back and put it back in the car. LOL

I drink at least 3 of these a day. I always take a 16oz bottle with me on walks (just easier to carry and you can kinda squish it to form to your hand).

I ALWAYS HATED Water!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for the great advices...Ill try the straw trick and the lemon to change it up a little.

But is drinking a glass of unsweet tea the same as drinking a glass of water? Can that be one of my change ups also?

Yes. Water is water, and your body knows it, regardless of whether there's stuff mixed in with it. Your body actually gets a good amount of water even from foods that you eat.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    smart water bottles with the squeeze cap are the trick to drinking a lot a water fast so it doesn't seem to take forever to get the drinking done. :)
  • dirtchick97
    dirtchick97 Posts: 58
    Options
    I drink my water faster with a straw! I have a 24 ounce cup that I fill up and add some lemon juice to and it makes it easier to drink that way! Good luck!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Ice cold with fresh lemon squeezed in it.:love::drinker:
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 16 ounces when I get up in the morning. When I do this, I end up drinking my daily allotment of pure water daily. When I don't do this, I usually don't drink my full allotment of water. But, I'm kind of a nazi: I only count pure water for my water consumption. Also, it helps me to drink more water because I really like drinking coffee (and coffee's a diuretic- as are teas). The more pure water the better.

blessings,
    sam
  • Ian_McC
    Ian_McC Posts: 19
    Options
    I make a habit of shotgunning a glass of water--even if it's just a small one--every time I walk through the kitchen. Making dinner? Drink some water. Going to the back yard? Drink some water. Etc. Once you get used to it you don't even have to think about it.
  • abbiepql
    abbiepql Posts: 45
    Options
    I force it down my throat as I hate to drink water and look at it as a medication my body needs instead of something I like or want. I play a psych game with myself and don't allow myself to have any other drink for a meal or after exercise until I drink my one bottle of water. That totals 5 bottles of the vile stuff a day!
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I kept about six of my bottles from simply orange oj and gold peaks unsweetened tea and fill those up, then toss em in the fridge so I have plenty of it on hand. When I'm thirsty I grab one and just carry it around with me. I always end up drinking 2-3 of them a day, which is anywhere from 120oz to 180oz.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    129208564746598262.jpg
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I drink my water at room temperature. I get a brain freeze if I drink it super cold. Also as many people have said a straw really does help, also Deer Park water now comes in a 20 ounce bottle instead of the normal 16 ounces..only a 4 ounce difference but it adds up!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Some may disagree (big shocker!!) but I drink my water room temperature. It is more palatable that way for me. Don't know why, it just tastes better to me that way, plus it is easier to drink! If I try to drink it ice cold, I don't drink as much....

I have a 100 ounce container I fill up and put on my desk every morning...I am usually done with it by 2or 3. Anything after that is extra :)
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Besides regular water, I drink green tea with blue agave & sparkling ice waters with flavors; lemon lime, black raspberry & orange.

Neither have sugar or calories.

Very tasty and take care of that sugar/soda cravings.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 oz bottle that I purchased from Target, I drink three of them before 11. That usually ensures i"m getting in at least 10-12 a day.
    I start as soon as I wake up. So 6 am I start drinking. It keeps me full so I'm not as hungry and my skin looks amazing.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i use mio
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I live in the South, so it's almost always warm/HOT. Having lots of ice cold water satisfies my thirst and really helps me feel better from inside out. I don't really have to think about it. I just fill up my mega mug and load it with ice and water, before I know it - it's gone.

If plain cold water isn't your thing, experiment and add different flavors (singles packets are easy). If cold isn't your way to go, then try warm drinks like hot tea or decaf coffee.
  • MAJINTA
    MAJINTA Posts: 13
    Options
    I hate water!! I know that sounds stupid. Anyway, I have no problem drinking 80+ oz a day. I add a splash of flavor. Try the Milo. You can adjust the amount of flavor. I have found generic form of it at the store that has no calories.
  • Fozzyspotts
    Fozzyspotts Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Best thing is, keep it with you. Instead of coffee or tea or anything else, just drink water. You get used to it. Also, don't always drink it ice cold, avoid bottled water. They tend to take on a flavour after awhile. If the water in the office is not great, bring a small filtering jug with you.

It is a life style choice really. I go to the bathroom more, but I do feel better for it.

SP
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I find I drink more of it and faster when I drink my water from a straw. I bought several straw water bottles.
    Good luck!

This! I have a 32oz water bottle that has a core to it that can be frozen to help keep the water colder longer, as well as a straw. I can zip through that 32oz in no time flat.

I'll also do a bit of decaffeinated iced tea mixed in with it (not sweetened) or those MiO flavors.