Anyone on a raw or semi-raw diet, and how have u benefited?

Options
Hi!
I am trying a raw food diet because of a few reasons , mainly to help with my thyroid issues and symptoms since the meds arent doing ANYTHING! I plan on doing it slowy. Anyone who is eating like this and is having really good benefits?? My mom has been doing it for a few weeks and her MS is a lot better. Can anyone give me advice or tips ? Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Anyone ???Or shall I say plant based diet , except Im not eating grains
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't done this myself, but my grandma started a raw diet when the doctor said she had skin cancer and gave her 6 months.... she lived 10 more years on a raw diet.

Maybe you'll like a book "The Butcher and the Vegetarian", ignore the description on the book, she mostly talks about how she tried all kindsof diets to manage some health issues, and settled on raw.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, and every once in a while I will go raw for a while (a few weeks to a few months). I personally think I do better with some cooked foods, but I used to work in a raw restaurant and have seen many people heal themselves and thrive on a raw food diet. I don't know anyone with hashimoto, though. Can you be more specific about what kind of tips you are looking for?
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, and every once in a while I will go raw for a while (a few weeks to a few months). I personally think I do better with some cooked foods, but I used to work in a raw restaurant and have seen many people heal themselves and thrive on a raw food diet. I don't know anyone with hashimoto, though. Can you be more specific about what kind of tips you are looking for?
    well...like a typical breakfast or dinner....foods they most people dont know about that are raw...
    The first week of how you felt
    Maybe a good website to go to for info/support Thanks for responding!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There's lots of fancy tricks with dehydration and blending to create everything from crepes to sushi rolls to tacos, but I find the best way to be raw is to be as simple as possible. Fruit, salads, nuts, seeds, sprouts, salads, fruit, repeat.

One great trick i have is to marinate broccoli. I hate raw broccoli but if I cut it in small pieces and let it sit in lemon juice and some salt (or nama shoyu) it softens up deliciously.

A great website/blog for you might be choosingraw.com since you want to transition slowly. She does an awesome incorporating really healthy cooked food with raw vegan foods.

Good luck :)
  • misskristina54
    Options
    I've done raw cleanses several times and always had amazing results. I am doing it again now :)
    I usually lose about 1lb a day, my allergies clear up completely, my skins looks healthy, I look younger, my digestive system works amazing!