"Baby weight"

Options
Hello,
My name is Tracy, I am 27 years old 5'6 and 153 lbs. I have two kids one being only 1 1/2 months old and the other 3 years old. I just started doing MFP recommended by my sister and am loving it and hating so far. I love that i feel organized and that is keeping me motivated, but I hate that I'm really craving fried foods and carbs like crazy! 10 months of eatting for two really spoiled my appetite and now I'm paying for it. I have already lost 32 lbs ( mostly baby and water weight) and am trying to lose another 20. I am finding it really hard to exercise, my son is colic and keeps me up all night and wants to be held all day, and don't get me started on my three year old and his fear of number 2 on the potty. And even when I DO get help i just wanna take a bath or a nap NOT work out. Any moms out there have advice or a secret to share to keep me from giving into my cravings and finding motivation to excercise?

Replies

• momof3inmn
    momof3inmn Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi! I am also new and trying to lose baby weight. My "baby" is 5, lol!
    But like you, I have very little time. Iused Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred in the past and started again last night. It is a great workout in a small amount of time and you don't have to leave the house (pros and cons to that!).
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    You just have to do it. Once you get into a routine, you wont want to miss your workout.

I have 4 kids (6, 4, 2, and 7 months) and I work full-time. Thankfull I will be going PRN in August, but will be starting grad school, so will be even more stressed.

If I dont get up and workout in the morning, its hard to get in at the end of the day.

I use my workout time as "me" time. It really is the only time that I have alone. Think of it as your time to make yourself more healthy for yourself and to your children

Add me as a friend if you would like :)
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    I am also 27 and have about the same stats as you :) I am 5'6 and I am currently 139 and wanting to get to 135.
  • teamplayer254
    Options
    Hello i just Joined today .. My Name is Monique, I am 31 and i have a 1 1/2 year old and a 8 year old .. my 1year old like to held as well .. but whenits time to excerise i hav e been letinghim do it with me ....yes he get in the wasy some times but he likes to try and do what they are doing on TV..... and then he wonders off into another room comes back and claps his hands as if he complted the work out him self:laugh:
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have very similar stats to yours and just a couple more kids :)

I felt the exact same as you are feeling now up until a month or two ago. Don't get me wrong, the baby's still fierce colicky and wakes umpteen times during the night but I had to pull myself together anyway, no use sitting around feeling sorry for myself (which I did, for a while too). Start by giving yourself a half an hour a day and get out and walk. If you need to get up before everyone else, do that. If you need to wait until everyone's in bed, do it. If you can get out during the day, even better.

Once you start feeling better and seeing the weight come off it will be motivation enough
  • WrkinProg55
    WrkinProg55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank for the advice. Sleep or no sleep I really do need "Me" time or I will losss my mind not weight:laugh:
  • mommydear2
    mommydear2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, so I got one of those baby carries that you wear and did walking workouts and saw great results! And my baby loved it, she would often fall asleep and plus you burn more calories..
  • WrkinProg55
    Options
    Where do you buy that?
  • WrkinProg55
    Options
    Thats cute!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have four boys ages 9, (almost)7, 3 and 7 months. I was having a hard time getting workouts in at home so I joined the gym. I work three days a week. Ideally, on days that I don't work I would take the younger two with me and put them in the daycare (which I do occasionally) but I don't want to pay the fee for that so most of the time I go at night when my husband gets home. Some weeks are better than others but I try to get there at least three times a week. Now that the weather is getting nicer we go for walks more, go to the park or the mall. Anything to get up and moving. I am breastfeeding so it is easy to feel like all you do is sit on the couch with a child attached to you. My son doesn't sleep through the night, either. Some days I am just exhausted and need to rest at night, so I listen to my body. Your baby is still very young so make sure you are getting the rest you need. If you are breastfeeding you should be adding extra calories as well.
  • nessat18
    nessat18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I totally feel like that but I finally realized I had to do something. I started taking my kids on my walk in the morning I have to work out before i can get ready for the day or I will not work out. My almost 3 year old is up by 6 and the 1 year old is up by 7 at the latest. So i start by getting ready and getting out of the house the fresh air and the walk keep me sane throughout the day!!! Also my girl loves to run fast and yes it slows down how long it takes me to work out but she is getting good exercise at the same time so I figure she will be healthier too!! I tried the gym and taking the kids but it drove me crazy getting them out of the house and getting there made me more frustrated!!! I love my morning walks now and hey pushing 2 kids in a stroller adds to the burn!!!
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i have a simalar issue my daughter is almost 9 mo and is getting into eveerything and im basically a single mom right now due to some rather complicaated stressfull issues however i dont live alone but the people i do live with work during the day and usally go out at night the one other persone isnt capable of watching her for longer than a poty break so i have issues finding any time to myself and when i do find the time im usally trying to relax nap or fix food however i dont cook dinner i would like to but this is not my house which i have ben advised many times and although he would like help i feel like if i try and cook im taking away from his plans but any way between stress and having to watch her like a hawk i dont have any me time i barely have time to shower and now that my partner is gone i dont even feel i can do that i dont want to leave her sleeping and have her wake up alone and cry till i get out idk i feel like if i leave her to do anything im a bad mom especially since she cryes everytime i go past the gate to get her a bottle or go to the bathroom and i cant get up early cuz im afraid if i set an alarm it will wake her up any way sorry for the rant
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow Embera, you're taking a lot on board there aren't you, can I offer some advice?

- Can you not bring her into the bathroom in her chair / bouncer / whatever while you shower? That's what I do.
    - She'll get used to the alarm going off, she might wake for the first few mornings but she'll learn to sleep through
    - Let her cry for a while, it won't do her any harm
    - Can you not move out? It doesn't sound like a pleasant environment that you're in.
    - I was on my own with my first child and I walked the weight off, walked for hours every day and loved every minute of it - I still look back on it with fondness. Just me, my baby and my buggy :)

Sorry, I realise this is completely unsolicited so feel free to disregard :)
  • laurenxx23
    laurenxx23 Posts: 9
    Options
    i have 3 lots of baby weight to lose and i find it so hard to find time to exercise, and now my daughter is 9 months i think its about time to lose weight especially since somebody offered me their seat on the bus since - i needed it more than them in my condition! :/