17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0M2Lt-6QftLXf_DvyOklvuVIttYh950UnNfu-yq9Ku4i-az9r

I will caution: Starving your body is one of the WORST ways lose weight. Additionally, it's FAD, not a Diet. A Diet is the regular daily NUTRITIONAL intake. I would suggest alternative methods. There are NO Healthy means of losing weight rapidly.

If you do continue...be careful.

I don't think you know what this "diet" is really about. I stayed well within 1200-1400 calories a day, I was just getting these calories from lean protein, veggies and fruits instead of carbs starches and sugars. My energy level went way up, I felt amazing, my skin cleared up...there was nothing unhealthy about this diet, and I most certainly did not starve! I never once felt hungry or ate below 1200 cals on this diet.

I do however need to stress the importance of following this diet CORRECTLY. It's the people who don't do it right who end up starving themselves or getting sick. And this type of diet won't work for everyone. It just so happened to work for me, and I don't crave carbs or sugar anymore. I do indulge every now and then though, of course :)
  • psaini
    psaini Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can you please post the 17 day diet here, so the people who don't know about this diet can benefit from this too............
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    For those that have are are doing this diet: can you vontinue to workout everyday? My issue in the past is not being able to workout because of low energy on these diets.

I had ZERO energy. None. I couldn't walk a quarter mile without feeling like I was going to pass out. That's why I quit the thing.
  • theartichoke
    Options
    Can you please post the 17 day diet here, so the people who don't know about this diet can benefit from this too............

It's so long and convoluted I couldn't post it. A sample of phase one. You can eat ultra lean chicken/turkey and salads with low carb veggies. 2 low sugar fruits but only before 2pm. Plain yogurt twice a day. 3 cups of green tea. Hot lemon water in the morning. It killed my carb cravings and I'm grateful for that but it damn near killed me too. It's possible to get so stuffed you cannot continue to eat on this diet and still only get 600 cals a day. If you want to try it, and I don't recommened it unless it's medically necessary, skip phase one. No one should eat like that unless they're supervised by a doctor.
  • camperchick64
    camperchick64 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Its a book and too lengthy to post on here. There is a lot of information that you get in the book. If you haven't read it then you shouldn't post info that is not correct. If you followed the plan and only had 600 calories a day then you didn't follow the guidelines. You chose to not eat instead of eating the healthy foods allowed. Any educated person should know that under 1000 calories a day is unhealthy and to listen to your body - if you are light headed and weak and tired, EAT MORE!

Not everything works for everyone. Some people benefit from a plan that sets out a eating plan for you (such as me). If you can jump on and log everything and stay within your calories and lose - more power to you.

I plan on logging and I plan on eating 1200 to 1400 a day depending on my needs that day. Again --- where in the book does it ever tell you to only eat 600 to 700 calories a day???
  • camperchick64
    Options
    "It's so long and convoluted I couldn't post it. A sample of phase one. You can eat ultra lean chicken/turkey and salads with low carb veggies. 2 low sugar fruits but only before 2pm. Plain yogurt twice a day. 3 cups of green tea. Hot lemon water in the morning. It killed my carb cravings and I'm grateful for that but it damn near killed me too. It's possible to get so stuffed you cannot continue to eat on this diet and still only get 600 cals a day. If you want to try it, and I don't recommened it unless it's medically necessary, skip phase one. No one should eat like that unless they're supervised by a doctor. "

^^How could you not eat enough calories a day. It gives you unlimited lean proteins. Why didn't you just eat more protein - or add a few more fruits before 2:00. Or add a protein shake. There are ways to modify the plan to fit your daily needs.
  • theartichoke
    Options
    "It's so long and convoluted I couldn't post it. A sample of phase one. You can eat ultra lean chicken/turkey and salads with low carb veggies. 2 low sugar fruits but only before 2pm. Plain yogurt twice a day. 3 cups of green tea. Hot lemon water in the morning. It killed my carb cravings and I'm grateful for that but it damn near killed me too. It's possible to get so stuffed you cannot continue to eat on this diet and still only get 600 cals a day. If you want to try it, and I don't recommened it unless it's medically necessary, skip phase one. No one should eat like that unless they're supervised by a doctor. "

^^How could you not eat enough calories a day. It gives you unlimited lean proteins. Why didn't you just eat more protein - or add a few more fruits before 2:00. Or add a protein shake. There are ways to modify the plan to fit your daily needs.

I was extremely full and couldn't eat more as I stated earlier. I don't need to explain anything further. Anyone who searches for this thread in the future now has quite a few perspectives on this diet. That's what this site is for so job well done. I wish you the best on your journey!
  • camperchick64
    Options
    Interesting.
  • Jennifer23
    Jennifer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amen! We would all like to hear the good AND the bad. That allows a person to make up their own mind.

Something that I didn't get from the book -- and only through the FB webpage -- was we can use protein powder. Protein powder has been my best friend 'cause I can add it to smoothies and my greek yogurt (think greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder, a diced up apple and sugar-free strawberry jam -- YUM!) and get the additional calories I need to make sure I get a *minimum* of 1200 calories a day. You're able to use fat-free cheeses (in moderation, of course) and that has helped me get my calories in, too.

One thing I can't stress enough is log your calories for at least a week so you can make sure you're getting in the bare minimum. Nobody should go under 1200 calories/day -- but some need more. In the book, you'll read that you don't have to really "count calories", but I think it's a great addition to the program.

I'm currently on Day 7 of the program and am down 7.8 lbs and feeling fan-freakin'-tastic! The first 3-4 days were a bit rough while I was detoxing and getting all that processed garbage out of my body -- but now I feel healthy on the inside AND out. I jump on the treadmill for 20 minutes twice a day -- once in the AM and once in the PM. I have so much energy that I don't feel the urge to take a nap in the middle of the day, heh.

This isn't a "fad diet" or a "diet" at all. It's a lifestyle change. You follow 3 cycles (17 days each) until you reach your goal weight. Once you reach your goal weight, you follow Cycle 4 -- Maintenance. This is where you be "good" for 5 days out of the week and then get to splurge a little during the weekend (trying to keep a goal of no more than 3 cheat meals). Sounds like the perfect "I get to have my cake and eat it, too" kinda life for me! ;-)
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Just cut out refined carbs and refined sugar/high fructose corn syrup and you'll see great results. There's no need to do a fad diet like this.

^^^THIS! We should all be educated enough to know the difference between some temporary fix to a long term solution, and an overall health style change.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Cycle 1 (first 17 days)
    This is what the first cycle food list consist of...
    You can eat unlimited lean proteins n clean veggies
    2 servings of low sugar fruits a day (before 2pm)
    2 servings of probiotics
    Drink lots of water ..lots
    And do 17 mins of daily exercise
    I've lost 30 lbs on this diet before and enjoyed it actually (1200-1350) cals a day I'm 5'0
    17 day diet cycle one food list 
     I have compiled a list of the Foods for Cycle 1 ..Accelerate.
    PROTEINS
    Fish
    Canned Light Tuna (water packed)
    Catfish
    Flounder
    Salmon
    Sole
    Tilapia
    * Opt for wild-caught rather than farm-raised fish, which may have received doses of antibiotics. Avoid the bigger fish such as swordfish, shark, king mackerel, and albacore tuna. They are the most likely to carry metals like methyl-mercury, which is considered a toxin.
    Poultry
    Chicken Breast
    Eggs (2 eggs = 1 serving)
    Egg Whites (4 egg whites =1 serving)
    Turkey Breast
    CLEANSING VEGETABLES   (Eat Liberally)
    •       Artichoke
    •       Artichoke hearts
    •       Asparagus
    •       Bell peppers, green, orange, red, yellow
    •       Broccoli
    •       Brussels sprouts
    •       Cabbage
    •       Carrots
    •      Cauliflower
    •       Celery
    •       Cucumbers
    •       Eggplant
    •       Garlic
    •       Green beans
    •       Green, leafy vegetables (including beet greens, turnip greens, collard greens)
    •       Kale
    •       Leeks
    •       Lettuce, all varieties
    •       Mushrooms
    •       Okra
    •       Onions
    •       Parsley
    •       Scallions
    •       Spinach
    •       Tomatoes
    •       Watercress
    FIBROUS FRUIT- 2 SERVINGS DAILY
    •       Apples
    •       Berries, all types
    •       Grapefruit
    •       Oranges
    •       Peaches
    •       Pears
    •       Plums
    •       Prickly pear cactus
    •       Prunes
    •       Red grapes
    PROBIOTIC FOODS- 2 SERVINGS DAILY
    Acidophilus milk: (1 cup = 1 serving)
    Kefir: similar to a drinking-style yogurt; great for making smoothies (1 cup = 1 serving)
    Low-fat acidophilus milk (1 cup = 1 serving)
    Reduced salt miso dissolved in low-fat, low-sodium broth (1 tablespoon – 1 serving)
    Sauerkraut: (1/2 cup – 1 serving)
    Yakult: (1 cup = 1 serving)
    Yogurt, any type, including Greek-style, sugar-free (6 oz. container = 1 serving)

FRIENDLY FATS: 1 TO 2 TABLESPOONS DAILY
    Flaxseed oil
    Olive oil

CONDIMENTS
    Condiments and seasonings are allowed in moderation:
    •       Salsa, low-carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low-carb ketchup, fat-free sour cream, Truvia (a non-caloric sweetener made from natural ingredients), sugar-free jams and jellies, vegetable cooking spray, fat-free cheeses (i.e. Parmesan), fat-free salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs, and spices.
    Substitutions for vegetarians:
    One-half cup of tofu (any type)
    One-half cup of beans, lentils, or any legume
    1-2 vegetarian or black bean burgers (made from textured vegetable protein)
    2-4 ounces any vegetarian cheese, including soy cheese
    2 vegetarian “sausage” links (great substitute for eggs!)
    2 scoops vegan rice protein powder (great for smoothies, blend with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and a fruit) for a quick 17-Day Diet vegetarian breakfast
    Any type of vegetarian meat substitute made from textured vegetable protein (see package for serving size)
    For dairy substitutes: 1 serving is 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, almond milk, or rice milk
    For yogurt substitutes, it is fine to use soy milk yogurtThese subs will work for all cycles as meat-protein substitutions.

Best of luck!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    There's a new one now. It's better. It's the 16 day diet. Check it out.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    :heart: just find what works for you
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Can you do this diet if you are vegetarian (Lacto-ovo)? I'm considering it but not if it is only for meat eaters!

oops, just read the list the woman put up and see that you can! Great! THanks!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    can you eat shrimp in phase one? I am reading up on it (cant afford the book right now) but shrimp is high in protein and low in fat so thought it might be on the shopping list for phase 1. It looks pretty straightforward. Only veggies and lean protein and a couple pieces of fruit the first 17 days. Seems healthy to me and I will just make sure I get my required calories in :)
  • camperchick64
    Options
    Thanks for the input on the foods, and the Whey protein information. I have been reading the book - and I have some modifications I am going to make - but the whole overall idea I like. I am going to journal my progress and daily notes on my blog so if anyone wants to see how I'm doing or follow it - just friend me. I am starting on Tuesday.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I got the book and started reading it last night. I am going to start the diet tomorrow probably. I hope it gets me losing faster again. It's not much different than I was doing except that I am going to eat more lean and no "junk" at all even sugar free ice cream (90 calories)
  • Jennifer23
    Jennifer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    can you eat shrimp in phase one? I am reading up on it (cant afford the book right now) but shrimp is high in protein and low in fat so thought it might be on the shopping list for phase 1. It looks pretty straightforward. Only veggies and lean protein and a couple pieces of fruit the first 17 days. Seems healthy to me and I will just make sure I get my required calories in :)

Trish -- according to the book, shellfish (clams, crab, mussels, oysters, scallops, shrimp) can be introduced in Phase 2. :-)
  • Alexia_E_K
    Alexia_E_K Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just bought the book and plan on starting tomorrow I am usually not a fan of restrictive diets but my "eat whatever I want" mentality has given me a 5 lb weight gain I will be modifying it a bit by adding full fat yogurt and a few more healthy fats to up my calories since i do not have much to lose (about 20 lbs)