for the runners out there

Options
2»

Replies

• moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Payed about $110 for my Saucony shoes - However, they were fitted for my feet. I have also never had sore feet after a any run.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    My huband bought me a pair of running sneakers by Under Armour for Christmas and I think he got them a little on sale and he paid about $60. They are AMAZING! The best running shoes I have had, and I have had alot! However, I don't have a high arch, or flat/wide feet..So if you do have certain characteristics like that with your feet, and you find a pair that costs more but feel great, buy them.

This is one place you shouldn't skimp. Your sneakers will make all the difference in how your runs go.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So where do you find a running shoe store? We have a foot locker and a hibbet's sports in my town and thats it :(
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Oh! One way to get cheaper shoes is to buy last year's model. When they make a new version of their shoes the stores usually discount the old to get rid of them. So you might be able to get a deal.

Also - I would NOT recommend going to a running store and getting fitted then buying cheaper online. Please, please support your local store. If you utilize their services at least have the courtesy to make the initial purchase from them. If you love the shoes then buy your next pair online. But, don't screw over the mom & pop stores. Generally these stores are great resources for runners in a community. We want them to stay in business!! My .02
    Agree with this! However, I did get fitted at the store, but they didn't carry my size, I needed a wide width. I ended up buying them on Zappos.com for $20 less than the store. I paid $60 for my Saucony Cohesions.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I went to a specialty running store to get my gait analyzed and find a pair of proper running shoes. I was expecting to spend over $100 -- instead, the shoe I liked most was an older model and only $75.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I paid right at $100 for mine, a pair of Nike free trains last summer before I really started running / working out. They are ok but I am already needing a new pair soon. They are good for running but not boot camp.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I wish ppl would understand how important what you do or don't wear on your feet is important for running. Some people thrive with barefoot and others don't that doesn't make either wrong.

However, my shoes I was fitted for (found a running store in my area after some online research) were $99. I went back a later day and they didnt have the color I wanted so they gave me a 15% discount.

The tennis shoes I used to LOVE and thought were comfortable, I can barely mow the yard in now. They KILL my feet. Getting fitted running shoes was one of the best things I ever did for myself.
  • kmg3475
    kmg3475 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would echo the sentiments of getting fitted (by having your running analyzed and testing many shoes) at a running store. (Make sure they have people who know what they are doing.) That will help to ease the pain of the price. I usually spend $90-110. Sometimes they have discounts. It doesn't hurt to ask. When I was fitted the guy had me step on the foot analyzer to see how high my arch was. Then he watched my run for pronation. After he determined my ideal shoe type, I tried on a pair and ran again. With the next pair I left one of the original shoes on to compare it to and eventually ran with the pair of the ones I liked. It took about 6 trips down the street but I ended up with a pair I really like.
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have paid anywhere between $75 and $125 for a pair of shoes. I have received discounts by joining a running store mailing list, groupons and just being aware of sales. I always have at least two pairs at any given time, just because I try to plan ahead. I hate paying more than I should.

Get fitted and don't chimp out on protecting your feet.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all your advice. Looks like I get to wait a while before I get me some good shoes. But I will go to the store and get fitted and then wait for the shoes on sale lol
  • Sweetred82
    Sweetred82 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just got my first pair a few months ago, and they are awesome. They cost me $125 but was well worth it, I notice the difference while running.