New To My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello all. My name is Amy. I'm a complete vegan and a cancer survivor. I'm studying dietetics and nutrition in school and will eventually become a registered dietician. I'm just looking to up my workouts and get rid of a couple pounds. I used to be very strict with my diet and worked out 1 hour a day, 5 days a week and my body loved it. Then life happened. But now I'm trying to get back to that. Got thrown off the bandwagon but am still holding on. I didn't stop working out completely and still made decent food choices. But now I'm ready to do this. However I refuse to weigh myself. I have not been on a scale in at least 2 1/2 years. Why? I struggled with an eating disorder for 6 years and even though I am no longer at that place in my life my mind refuses to let go of 3 very specific numbers. The scale actually does more harm than good. But I can always tell when I've gained and when I've lost it or when I'm maintaining. Any other vegans/vegetarians or scale avoiders out there?

Replies

• abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Amy. I'm a complete vegan and a cancer survivor. I'm studying dietetics and nutrition in school and will eventually become a registered dietician. I'm just looking to up my workouts and get rid of a couple pounds. I used to be very strict with my diet and worked out 1 hour a day, 5 days a week and my body loved it. Then life happened. But now I'm trying to get back to that. Got thrown off the bandwagon but am still holding on. I didn't stop working out completely and still made decent food choices. But now I'm ready to do this. However I refuse to weigh myself. I have not been on a scale in at least 2 1/2 years. Why? I struggled with an eating disorder for 6 years and even though I am no longer at that place in my life my mind refuses to let go of 3 very specific numbers. The scale actually does more harm than good. But I can always tell when I've gained and when I've lost it or when I'm maintaining. Any other vegans/vegetarians or scale avoiders out there?

I'm vegetarian... not a scale avoider since I started doing rolling averages rather than following up daily ups and downs. Welcome to MFP :)
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Try checking out the groups on here.. I think they have some groups for vegans and people who struggled with eating disorders..
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Just a heads up... People are very weary about accepting friends with no picture. Thats the first thing that I would do :smile:
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy. Feel free to add me; pic or no-pic.
  • Bree3D
    Bree3D Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm a vegetarian for a year now and my body loves that, but I rarely work out and I used to be into sports. Now that I don't have a coach to push me it's hard to motivate myself everyday! I had some issues with eating disorders and I avoid the scale too. I know if I had one I would obsess over it all the time. Add me! I'm new here too =]