my progress 75 lbs in 142 days...

Options
Hi all,

here is a quick run down of my before and "mid way" picts. I started at 278 lbs with over 35% body fat. size 46 pants and 22 shirt. I'm now at 203 lbs with 24.4% body fat...size 34 pants and 16 shirt. I'm still on the journey...aiming for 188 lbs, 33 pants and 15 shirt with about 15% body fat. We'll see. I'll also post pics when I get there as well. I did what I've done so far by:

removing all processed and refined foods from my diet. No added sugar at all. about 10-12 hours of exercise per week. I eat all whole foods. I eat some lean protein, but mostly veggies, fruit, nuts and that sort of thing. Quinoa and beans are great! My blood sugars are about 78-88 daily. And my BP is 118/80...cholesterol is normal to low.

:laugh: :laugh:

Here is pics of progress (Hope this works!)

progress-myfitnesspal2.jpg

Replies

• WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    That is awesome! You look great.
  • Alexwinterclap
    Alexwinterclap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate your kindness! Still a ways to go, you know? But headed the right way...
  • knrob
    knrob Posts: 65
    Options
    wow! that was quick! great accomplishment!
  • avega12
    avega12 Posts: 17
    Options
    Congratulations.. you look amazing!
  • honeybee3917
    honeybee3917 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment and inspiration to others!
  • Alexwinterclap
    Options
    Thanks. It's funny...I get people asking all the time what I'm doing. I think they expect me to share a secret pill or eating a specific food only...but it really was a combination of a lot different factors...most of which were exercise, eating right and well...more exercise. :-) i wonder how many will focus on that? I've got a long way to go, I know. But hopefully this is the start to a life long journey in the right direction.
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome work sir - your story is very similar to my own in terms of starting place and probably goal - I hope I look as good when I get there!
  • peytonturk
    peytonturk Posts: 49
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!!!
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Right on! You're about my starting weight (I started at 270, 5'10'' tall, size 36 waist and XXL shirts). Hoping to achieve the same results, I've been on MFP for about a month or so now.

Great results & inspiration!
  • Alexwinterclap
    Options
    Brad - you're right. I'm 6ft tall...and right now although my BMI points to me being "overwieght" i never felt better. Getting there is half the fun, so to speak!
  • Alexwinterclap
    Options
    Most average! People tell me all the time the pictures don't do me justice. lol! Im just glad Im moving now. I was totally sedentary before...life has a way of creeping up on us, huh? Let's go! :-) You'll be amazing I am certain of it!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Great job!!!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Your looking GREEAT *Tony the Tiger voice* keep it up
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look about 10 years younger...
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Really an inspiration! That's more than 1/2 pound per day. You must have really maintained discipline to achieve that. At your current rate another 30 days to go to reach your goal.
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Brad - you're right. I'm 6ft tall...and right now although my BMI points to me being "overwieght" i never felt better. Getting there is half the fun, so to speak!

for 6ft i just don't see how it can say you are overweight.. you have done an amazing job.. and i just don't see how you could lose any more.... you look awesome!!
  • grandmasally13
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments - your commitment is inspiring, and thanks for sharing with us.
  • ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mauraeverything
    Options
    You look fantastic - congratulations on having the courage to make such drastic changes.
  • Alexwinterclap
    Options

for 6ft i just don't see how it can say you are overweight.. you have done an amazing job.. and i just don't see how you could lose any more.... you look awesome!!

It's a BMI thing, I think. I mean, I know I need to still gain physical fitness. My SiFu is helping me become more flexible and gain endurance for forms, and better physicality for peak physical performance. I think Im aiming for top shape, you know?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!