Eating "bad" foods but staying within daily calorie limit..

Options
2»

Replies

• jvansyckel
    jvansyckel Posts: 45
    Options
    The key is a balanced diet! If you have eaten well all day, got in your fiber, fruits, veggies and protein and still have 300 calories left then have dessert!! Have that treat! There is no "bad" food, just too much of a good thing.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    18 gummy bears have 4 grams of protein.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This lifestyle has to be sustainable to you. If you feel like that candy or cake is going to give you something you need, either physically or mentally, then go for it. I'm all for making healthier choices, but I know I'd go crazy if I cut out everything that's supposedly 'bad' for us, because I'd miss the tastes and textures. :<
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    eating something "bad" everyday isn't terrible.. just as long as the good foods outweight the bad.. a diet of all icecream and cookies.. not good!!

Agreed!! And I eat something "bad" every day and have done it for years with success. The whole clean eating thing is pretty much a farce. Of course it is BETTER to eat healthier food but not 100% necessary.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Follow the 80/20 rule - if you ate well for 80% of the day then have your 20% worth of junk.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Thats smart to look as this as a change of eating habits. The thing I love about this is I don't have to deny myself anything so I do eat snacks often but I try not to eat the candy and ice cream every day. If you feel you need them every day that is your personal choice. If your in this to lose weight then you will as long as you stay under, but at some point you might want to consider trying to be healthy too. But like I said if you got to have them then eat them, it is better than giving up and gaining all your weight back
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I've had over 300 calories of 'snacks' today. Enjoyed every mouthful :laugh:
  • djcharters
    djcharters Posts: 12
    Options
    I quite often eat 'bad' food. It shouldnt matter as long as you take it into account. To me my new eating habbits is a lifestyle change, training myself to eat in moderation again. to me there are now good or bad foods.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My exercise calories all go to chocolate! They make Mfp logging tolerable. The calorie deficit still works. Am thinking that I may need a protein supplement eventually.
  • BrionaLoree
    BrionaLoree Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm trying to find balance with this because generally "bad" foods are a slippery slope for me, and I end up eating too much. As long as I pre-measure my junk I'm okay. I just counted out pretzels and scooped a tablespoon of nutella onto them. Delish! but I can't sit here with the bag in front of me unconsciously stuffing them into my face like I used to. As long as you are still keeping track of how much you're eating, a treat here and there isn't terrible. I don't have "cheat days", though, because I know it could very easily lead to me wanting to pig out the next day too, so that's a no go for me.
    i am the exact same way, and i do the same things. but i was wondering about this topic as well. i think its ok every now and then but i try not to as much as i possible can becase i want to be as motivated as i can. although it doesnt usually work out that way, i have slip ups about two times a week haha
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    it has been a revelation to me, i have 4 150cal chocolate bars in the freezer, normally i wouldve ate them ALL at once, but ive allowed myself to have them every 2cnd or 3rd day, if i feel like them. I even had nachos the other night (with the recommended serving), and honestly, this is the first time in 9 years i have eaten healthy, and allowed myself these treats! and i dont crave them at all. however it is only my 2cnd week on mfp, but knowing that i CAN have them makes all the difference.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I personally don't and wont. I finish off with protein and healthy choices when I have that kind of day. For me I want to make changes in habits that will stick forever. That stuff isn't good for me and it wont take me to my goals so I'm not going to eat it.

But that's just me personally. I don't look down on anyone who chooses to use their calories that way....just don't come on here with the "I don't know why I've only lost 2 pounds in six months"