Maintaining Tips

Options
Robin1117
Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
Good morning! This week I reached a milestone---2 full years of maintaining my weight, with the help of Myfitnesspal.

I just wrote a blog post with some of my lessons learned if you would like to check them out.......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin1117/view/maintenance-is-a-choice-my-2-years-of-maintaining-263772

Replies

• kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This has been extremely helpful to me. I have made all of my MFP friends aware of this post and they are raving about it too! Thank you SO much for the information. It is so needed. We all know how to lose weight but many of us aren't very good at keeping it off.
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bookmarked!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Thanks so very much for sharing your thoughts!

I see some of my thoughts, feelings and experiences in your writing.

Glad to know that there are people out there working hard, seeing success and providing such a great positive example.

Kudos for your ongoing success and thanks again for sharing!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Only enough time to say 'Bump'!
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Robin,

Your blog post contains invaluable insights from someone who has successfully maintained her weight loss for two years. That's an amazing accomplishment. Not only have you maintained, you have improved your health and fitness by pursuing a very challenging workout program and reshaping your body. Kudos to you! You inspire me. As all of us in maintenance know, it's much harder than weight loss! It's great to see someone who has been so successful at it.

Jo
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet but often wonder what it will be like, thanks for sharing!! :)
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Robin,
    So happy you shared the link to your blog. You are an inspiration.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    thank you for sharing! about to enter maintenance myself and this is a great way to ease me in. now i know where to start ;)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat like the average person, you will look like the average person
    Thank you for this and all the other helpful points in your blog, and congratulations on making two years of maintenance.

I'm struggling slightly with maintenance, I've put on a pound and a half in the last three months, and while that's hardly a disaster I'm determined not to get back to being overweight.
  • kitkat4141
    Options
    bump
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Let's get this to multiple pages. Bumpity bump.
  • kitkat4141
    Options
    bump
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    thank you for taking the time to post this!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic blog post. Congrats for reaching the two year milestone!

I'm a year and nine months into maintenance, and I can absolutely relate to and agree with all your points.
    Having lost weight and put it all back on before, I know what a slippery slope losing control is.
  • Robin1117
    Options
    So glad you are all finding it helpful, thanks for your comments. It's funny, mfp has been around for a few years and there must be a ton of us out there maintaining but support on the site is tough to find. I'm so glad we have this opportunity to share and support each other.....
  • Robin1117
    Options
    oh, and do join the "maintenance group"...there is one. Not so active, but maybe with a few more participants!
  • kitkat4141
    Options
    I've bookmarked this post on my bookmarks bar to be used as inspiration when needed.
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great post! I have bookmarked it:)
  • Robin1117
    Options
    thanks!!! so glad it helped!
  • kellog24
    kellog24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!