T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ Week 35!

124»

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi team, I was just checking in tonight and I see it is the first time today. WOW. I have logged food and exercise, but forgot to check in with you all. Weird. So, Losingweightforme - I am with the rest of the team, YAY!! You are back! I really admire that you are asking for the pep talk. I am so bad at that! So, I applaud you for being smart enough to check back in and ask for help. One thing that works for me is to tell myself iI have been doing this for a while. It sounds dumb, and it prolly is, but when I act like I am good at this healthy eating thing cuz I've been at it for a while, it seems to be easier. Anyway, you can do this, you have done it before, its not new, you just wobbled, as Lulu said! I had a very wobbly summer, but am back on track and really happy about it. You are too, right? Yep - fake it til you make it. So, here we are.

Calories consumed = 1714
    Calories burned 528

Well, take care. See everyone tomorrow.
  • So.... I measured today. I have been measuring the same day every month. It hasn't changed in over three months.... but yet my clothes fit loser... How does that work? I can see the change as can others.. but yet the numbers on the tape measure don't change..... Confused.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    morning all. well li4g hasn't confessed our sins last night, altho she threatened to, so i will... we went to the store and ended up making caramel apples. she put mini m&ms on hers and i put half a chocolate bar, broken up, on mine. Calories were pretty high - around 500 - but the apple is good for ya, so... not as bad as it could have been. LOL. it actually was a good treat, took forever to eat, and filled that sweet desire without it being too bad. i didn't do good yesterday, did real well up until afternoon and then stress ate junk. so - another day, starting over.

yesterday was the first day I woke up feeling my age again instead of 90, and it lasted pretty much all day. today i feel even better, so i think i'm FINALLY recovering from the flu, altho my allergies/athasma are still bad at the moment. i get sick every fall, like clockwork. sometimes it lasts for months, it sucks.

so my question for obama folks and the healthcare plan, what if i can't afford my employer's health care plan (ours is really pricey) but i do have the option to get it? can i opt out and get free health care then???
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    morning friends! How is everyone? Kelli and Cyndi - geesh women! Those caramel apples sound good. I was looking for an easy way to get calorie information from my own receipes and found a site called calorie count. at about.com the url is http://caloriecount.about.com/

I had completely forgotten that I created an account there back in May of 2008. At that time, I weighed 507. I had apparently blocked that out! Cuz before finding this online record, my highest recorded weight was 480. WOW.. I am sort of in shock about that. I will have to process that and get back to you later.

However, the real reason I wanted to share that url is it has a great feature - you can put in the ingredients for a receipe and it will give you the calorie counts. There are prolly a bunch of similar sites, but I really like this one. So, I am sharing it. And, I need to get to exercising, so I will check in with you all later. Love you gals.

Kristi
  • Thank you all for the encouragement and help. Wednesday was a great day but today sucked. TOM struck before work on Wednesday and the emotions set in hard. Lulu - doing the research on my good days. Going to try and walk on treadmill here in a few. I have to post cause it helps me to get through this situation and move on. All for now

I am reading the post and it does help. So many of you are doing so well. Kelli and LI4G - APPLES - okay I confess too every TOM I do smore brownies - soooo good and kills the chocolate need but I do the treadmill on those days extra.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    LOL... you are so funny adopt4...(she was sitting here saying "dont you DARE tell them!" when I was talking about tattling.. :wink: :wink:) Well, lets just say... there is nothing that ya'll could do to me that would torture me more than how horrible i felt this morning when i woke up. While the apple was awesome (come'on we live in WASHINGTON and its FALL..ya gotta have at least 1 caramel apple!) .....i woke up with the most HORRIBLE sugar hangover, which tells me that I have been REALLY good lately at avoiding the stuff (even tho I already knew) to have it effect me that badly. Could have been also tho that I didnt eat much for dinner. In fact, I dont think I even went over calories by eating it... I just ate not enough of the right thing. My head has been a pounding all day and Ive just managed to work around it and drink my water.

<goes and gimps off to bed with her pounding head and stiff neck> I've learned my lesson!:ohwell:
  • li4g&adopt4 - you ladies are too funny!

Reporting my exercise for today:
    1. C25K week 3: 5 minutes running x 5 = 40 minutes/400 calories.
    2. Elliptical for 20 minutes = 200 calories

Stayed to the plan for food today. Hubby made a stew in the slow cooker. It smelled yummy all day and there was just enough for 2 - so no temptation to overeat!

Indianagranny - I have struggled for the last 2 months as well. Hope these 2 weeks have got me back on track. :drinker:
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hey
    going to be out of town this weekend, got a wedding to go to. I'll post when I get back on Sunday. Here's hopeing I do well when away from home.
  • I need to go MIA for a bit for two reasons:

I've been sick so little exercise and lots of sodium. If I can't exercise the sodium builds up because my kidney (singular) will not filter correctly. I'm up 10lbs this week. Although in my mind I realize what it is I can easily get too hard on myself as I watch others melt away.

The second is that this next week I have to carb load for my Century (100 mile bike ride). I can't focus on weight loss next week. But if I'm posting and reading it will derail those efforts as I'll feel I'm not doing what I am suppose to be doing and then it will damage my ride in a big way.

Just know I'm not dropping off the face of the earth=)
  • prayerful - thanks for letting us know what's up. You are an awesome athelete and an inspiration to all of us. Catch up when you get back! :flowerforyou:

manda1111 - have a great weekend!

I'm posting my Friday stats:

healthymom sw208/gw150/cw167 = -1 lb

I was hoping for more this week but I'll take 1 lb loss. Doing much better on exercise these last 2 weeks. Going to work on sticking to the food portions this week.

Have a great Turkey weekend everyone!:heart: