trying 1 month and no weight loss!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Throw the scale away! If you can tell you're getting tone - what difference does it make what the scale says? Take measurements and use them to judge your progress.

Good luck!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ok not eating enough...I have a full breakfast (boiled egg, 2 slices of whoelgrain toast) and tea, then lunch i try to have dinner - spag bowl or meat, spuds and veg) and fruit. Then tea fishfingers & veg or beans on toast. Because I go to the gym in the evening i thought it best to eat earlier. Is this wrong?

Thanks how do you check your BMR?

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Eat AT LEAST your BMR , my TDEE (thats on that site too I believe) is about 2200, my BMR 1436, my goal cals I set at 1808, 30%fat, and protein nd 40% carbs.
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!!! However upon reading under my food logs, it seems I am not eating enough ( however I feel like I'm eating like a cow) BUT if you are working out too, you really need to be consuming enough protein.

I ahve only lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks.. I'm glad it's 5 lbs.. but its not enough for me, I feel your pain!!

5 lbs in 3 weeks is great! I've not lst anything in a few weeks
  • ABHY7
    ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    OK folks, 1 month on and i'm still none the lighter! Have to really push myself now. I'm thinking 2-3 days in the gym (swimming, strider, treadmill and weights). Eat lots of fruit, veg, fish, carbs (smaller amts). Drink lots of water and do the following;

B/fast at 9am
    Snack - 11am
    Lunch at 1pm
    Snack at 3pm
    6.30pm - dinner
    Dont eat after 7pm!!

My BMR is 1355 - so i'll see if i can find daily meal plans to suit that. Anyone want to join me on this mission?
    Anyone know how to update your daily calories allowance on here?
  • ThatOthrVeganChic
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat does yet muscle takes up less room. So as one poster suggested you could be loosing inches but the scale is not budging. If you are loosing inches keep doing what you're doing. Maybe add some cardio in with your strength training to mix it up and eventually the weight will come off. Feeding yourself is also important. If you drop below a certain amount of calories your body will slow your metabolism down in attempt to hold on to as many calories as it can.