One ginormous booty, plz.

Options
So, I'm naturally gifted with a larger-than-average French-Canadian-English white girl bum, but since losing weight, it kind of makes me sad.

I would like it to be HUGE, please. I have no qualms with a giant, toned rear.

Exercises (other than just plain old lunge and squat)? I just bought a weight bench, I have adjustable dumbells and a barbell. I can use them on my arms, but any suggestions for BUNS N' THIGHS?

Much obliged.

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The only way you are going to get a huge bum is with plastic surgery.

Squats and lunges are really the best for building up those muscles... Esp if you do heavy ones with a barbell.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The only way you are going to get a huge bum is with plastic surgery.

Squats and lunges are really the best for building up those muscles... Esp if you do heavy ones with a barbell.

Well, I suppose I should be clearer - I'm not talking J-Lo here, but just... bigger.

Which kinds of lunges? Static? Walking? Squats with a barbell? Are deadlifts of any use, or is that mostly back strength?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't have access to a barbell, but leg press, glute press and back extension machines made my bum higher and rounder. So I'd say go heavy and deep with squats, and deadlifts.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Maybe look into the Brazillian Butt DVDs. They girls in the infomercials had fantasticly round bootays! *shrug*
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Take it from me, do squats for the booty size.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    don't forget your dead lifts....
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats. Heavy as possibly. Stronglifts 5x5 is what I do. I had lost my butt due to age and pregnancy and such. It's back and it's glorious.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    OOooooo.... I was just introduced to BUtt Bible... haven't gotten it in yet... but can't wait.... It's major butt toning...

I have always had a substantial booty...even when I was all skinny and **** in college... So, I don't know how to BUILD one, 'cause I've never had too... BUT...toning and making it all nice and perky... squats!!!!! They are every girls friend... and I will post my feelings about the Butt Bible as soon as I check it out....
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Heavy weighted squats (barbell)
    Lunges are awesome too!! I do mine with dumbells.

I've definitely noticed a difference in my butt. Used to be so flat, now, not so much :smile:
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Lunges
    Bulgarian splits / king squats
    Glute bridges
    Hip thrusts
    Side lunges
    Stiff leg deadlifts ( HEAVY)
    Sumo squats
    Fire hydrants with kick
    Doggy kicks
    Doggy kicks upward with weights
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges etc never made my booty bigger.. the opposite actually. But definitely more shapely and firm. So there're definite advantages to doing them :D
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats. Heavy as possibly. Stronglifts 5x5 is what I do. I had lost my butt due to age and pregnancy and such. It's back and it's glorious.

Squat, heavy squats will give you the bum you want
  • xbekkiex
    xbekkiex Posts: 30
    Options
    you're more than welcome to some of mine :D No charge!

Mine's always been proportionally bigger than the rest of me... and I am hoping beyond hope that I lose most of it... I would just love to be able to wear a pencil skirt...
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'll second those who said Butt Bible. It's fantastic!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options

That's as bad as the one that used houshold caulk.

Brings a whole new meaning to "she's a brick... house"
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've been really pleased with the Brazillian Butt Lift Program
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats until you are doing them in your sleep! Have to be on it like white on rice!!!