Seeing Results

Options
DrJackson6
DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
When did you all start seeing results or when did others start making comments? I am 5'8" and the scale says that I have lost 22 pounds so far. My clothes fit a little better, but I don't look like I have lost 22 pounds. I am guessing when I lose 40 pounds, I will see some results, hopefully.

Replies

• stephsteph76
    stephsteph76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It might not look like you have seen the difference because you see yourself everyday.

Have you tired comparing some pictures of your starting weight vs. now? This might help in seeing a difference.
  • jroseonline
    jroseonline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    agree with above post^^

before during and after pics definitely help with seeing your own progress. cuz when i look in the mirror i still don't wanna see what I really want to see, but i do get compliments for my weight loss.. if you think about it, 22 lbs is a LOT! keep it up!
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You've lost the same amount that I have. I too have trouble really seeing my results when I'm standing buck naked in front of the full length mirror. But my clothes, my face and my belly tell the story. You may not see as much of a change as you're expecting, but pay attention to the little things . . .
  • libby555
    libby555 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 as well and have lost about 10 pounds (with only 20 too loose) and no one has noticed. I can feel a difference in clothes but don't see it in the mirror. I also don't see it in pictures either. Maybe there will be a difference for me at 20 lbs but it's very discouraging in the mean time. Hang in there! Eventually it will show :flowerforyou:
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the positive comments. Sometimes I just need that little motivational boost to keep me going. I will most definitely keep at it.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It took me about 25-30 pds. before people started commenting on how good I looked. I just recently hit my 40 pd. mark and took some pics to compare with my befores and it is an amazing difference. So hang in there dont get frustrated its all worth it in the end/
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You really will see if a difference in pictures. I didn't think that there was a difference until I saw the before picture, whoa what a difference!
  • ethelapple
    ethelapple Posts: 79
    Options
    I've lost twenty --- hubby can totally tell, but then again, he sees me naked. Some friends have said things, but no acquaintances, etc...I have about 75 lbs. to lose (at least), so it may take a while for others to notice.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The Belt rules ... forget the scales.

Personally I struggled to shift the last 15lbs or so on the whole low fat thing then I quit grains and minimised sugar.

Bam, off comes to the fat on a daily basis, hello to some muscles I'd only prevously seen in magazines.

The way people who have known me for a while look at me is amusing, it's like "I should ask what has changed but maybe he's sick" :D

If I quit wine it would probably be twice as effective but bollards to that ;)
  • cathyislosin
    cathyislosin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what percentage of your total weight the loss is for it to be noticed or not. 20 pounds off a 200 pound woman is starting to be really noticable- that's 10%, 20 pounds off someone starting out heavier is not going to be 10% and may be not noticed by others. But, YOU notice and celebrate your accomplishments!!! Reward yourself with (non food) kudos.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It took me A LONG TIME to "see" my own results. I think it's a brain thing.

My scale was the first to tell me I was losing weight, my clothes were the second, other people third, myself LAST. After I was doing MFP for awhile I started measuring myself too because that helps. And I never was into the pictures but alot of people use them.

HANG IN THERE, it IS happening!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!