What book(s) are you reading?

Options

Replies

• cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I told myself I was going to read the Millennium Trilogy and Hunger Games over the summer... but I just bought the new Augusten Burroughs book... so they will probably take a back burner
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I just finished the book "Heart Shaped Box" by Joe Hill and would definitely recommend it! I'm planning on reading "Horns" by him next.
  • PrincesaMexicana
    Options
    Quitter, Jon Akuff
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Just started 11/22/63 by Stephen King yesterday.

Good Read.

This is one I'm reading over the next couple months. Currently listening to the audiobook Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (helps me when I drive and when I run...now I can't wait to do both), and reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
    Pillars of the Earth is one of my FAVORITES- So good!!!, I've read it twice, and World Without End twice too.I am anxiously awaiting the second book to the Fall of GIants series. I love follett's epics!
  • ellesince1993
    Options
    pride and prejudice :)
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING by: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurell k Hamilton, Christine Feehan, Jade Black, or J.R. Ward
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Just finished "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" by Mitch Albom

About to start "Deadlocked" by Charlaine Harris ( the 12th Sookie Stackhouse book)
    And "Tough S**t: Life Advice From A Fat Lazy Slob Who Did Good" by Kevin Smith
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Air Adventure by William Seabrook an OOP book from the 1930s about a flight from Paris, over the Sahara to Timbuktu
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am reading the self help book Unique Ability. It explains how we all have a unique skill no one else has that comes naturally to us. You even ask for feedback from others to help you determine your unique ability.
  • andrewinsuresal
    Options
    Just started 11/22/63 by Stephen King yesterday.

I absolutely LOVED that book. Read it over a weekend, staying up half the night because I couldn't put it down. I hope you like it.

I read about a hundred pages yesterday...got really into it...can't wait to get started on the next section tomorrow. King is kind of hit and miss for me, I either love his books or can't get past the first few chapters...I think I'm gonna really like this one, though.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm rereading The Hobbit to prepare for a fanfiction I will be writing for Camp NaNoWriMo. I'm also working on Yo! by Julia Alverez.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm about 2/3 done with the complete Sherlock Holmes collection!
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Kama Sutra......no, it's called "Under the Overpass." It's about two guys who choose to live homeless for several months.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    ANYTHING by: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurell k Hamilton, Christine Feehan, Jade Black, or J.R. Ward

I used to really like Laurell K Hamilton, but I felt like, after Obsidian Butterfly, her books were too much sex and too little brain. Reading one was just like reading any of the others...overcome by lust, insert penis, guilt-tripping, repeat.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I told myself I was going to read the Millennium Trilogy and Hunger Games over the summer... but I just bought the new Augusten Burroughs book... so they will probably take a back burner
    Millennium trilogy is also awesome. I can't decide whether I want someone else to pick up and write the rest of the stories (supposedly there were originally 10 books I think, and some are partially written, and some are outlined, and some just have basic plots planned) and steig larsson died unexpectedly after the release of hornet's nest...now there's a battle royale between his former life-partner and his estranged family about the rights to the rest of the books. "Nobody" knows where the partially written books and the outlines are, except that his girlfriend (who is also a writer) most likely has them. Its a mystery/drama of it's own!
  • kennodogs
    kennodogs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Finished "The Age of Reason" by Jean Paul Satre. Onto "A Passage to India" by EM Forster.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    The Dain Curse, by Dashiell Hammett, but the Hammett to start with is The Thin Man. Also, the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I've been working my way through Holmes for a while.
  • suzannelmartin
    suzannelmartin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy for the second time..:smile:
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2/3 done with the complete Sherlock Holmes collection!

What's your fave so far? I'm not that far along, but I think my favorite remains the Hound of the Baskervilles.
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    loving all the suggestions!!