upping my calories

Options
ugh. i just read that i'm gonna gain my weight back from upping my calories. is it really gonna take a month for me to start losing again after i gain everything back? :(

Replies

• Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    ugh. i just read that i'm gonna gain my weight back from upping my calories. is it really gonna take a month for me to start losing again after i gain everything back? :(

who told you that? and how many calories are you increasing? if you are under your bmr, you're not gonna gain weight. truly.
  • shirsch52
    shirsch52 Posts: 19
    Options
    May I ask why you're upping your calories if you are still trying to lose? Sorry, I'm just a little bit confused.. :)
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If you go to 'eat more to weigh less' group they have some good info there on what to expect. They also have info on what your calorie numbers should be as you want them to be accurate. It takes people different times to see results ... i personally took 4 weeks and only put on a pound ... others have taken longer and shorter. Some put on weight some stayed the same.

I guess you just need to read up on it and make a decision if it sounds like it is for you.

It takes a lot of trust and patience but in the long run you are more likely to keep it off as this is something that you can continue for the rest of your life where as i don't know anyone who has done super low cal diet consistently for their whole life without falling off the wagon because they couldn't keep it up. this you can but i would do your research first and have a look at what the group has to say as it will either be for you or not.

:flowerforyou:
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    May I ask why you're upping your calories if you are still trying to lose? Sorry, I'm just a little bit confused.. :)
    i wasn't eating enough. my bmr is 1642 and i was only eating 1200 a day. my tdee is 2036 so i upped my calories to 1730 which is an extra 530 a day. but a 15% deficient of my tdee.
  • Megdmcda
    Options

who told you that? and how many calories are you increasing? if you are under your bmr, you're not gonna gain weight. truly.

read it in a couple of posts on mfp. and i'm over my bmr. i found out today ur suppose to eat at least ur bmr. between ur bmr and tdee to lose weight. i've lost 15lbs. i don't want to gain it back. lol
  • Megdmcda
    Options
    If you go to 'eat more to weigh less' group they have some good info there on what to expect. They also have info on what your calorie numbers should be as you want them to be accurate. It takes people different times to see results ... i personally took 4 weeks and only put on a pound ... others have taken longer and shorter. Some put on weight some stayed the same.

where do i find that at?
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey girly! ;D You wont gain all your weight back right away, though it's normal to see a 1-3 lbs increase which isn't actual fat, it's all water weight from your body basically reworking itself. I gained 2.5 pounds, scared the crap outta me to go from 149.6-152, but within 2 weeks it's all back to normal. To put it most simply, unless it's TDEE + 3500 cals it's not fat. ;D
  • shirsch52
    shirsch52 Posts: 19
    Options
    i wasn't eating enough. my bmr is 1642 and i was only eating 1200 a day. my tdee is 2036 so i upped my calories to 1730 which is an extra 530 a day. but a 15% deficient of my tdee.

Gotcha, makes sense now - sorry for the confusion. Originally MFP had set me at 1200 calories - my bmr is 1641 and with activity figured in I burn approximately 2250 per day. I didn't know this though at the beginning, and while eating 1200 calories allowed me to lose a few pounds my weight loss did end up stalling. Once I increased to 1750 (that's a 500 calorie/day deficit) I began losing again.

I don't think it's for certain that you will gain weight - but if you do, don't fret! It will be worth it in the end. I read this today and maybe it will help you? It's not exactly the same situation, but the idea is the same. Good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

where do i find that at?

Here ya go! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less It's a group on this website (MFP) for people who like us who have upped there cals after realizing the damage of low cal consumption, it's pretty darn insightful. ;D Lots of great info too.
  • Megdmcda
    Options
    Hey girly! ;D You wont gain all your weight back right away, though it's normal to see a 1-3 lbs increase which isn't actual fat, it's all water weight from your body basically reworking itself. I gained 2.5 pounds, scared the crap outta me to go from 149.6-152, but within 2 weeks it's all back to normal. To put it most simply, unless it's TDEE + 3500 cals it's not fat. ;D
    ok i can handle the 1-3 lbs . cuz i fluctuate quite a bit anyway. lol thanks. i hope i see it quicker than what i'm reading. i'm actually kind of excited to see the change. lol will it still work w my excercise routine. cuz i currently can't really do strength training cuz of no money to buy equipment or gym. i jog about 15 min daily. try to do some manuel leg raises, which in this case is actually leg lowers. lol and maybe a 9 min yoga routine.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

where do i find that at?

Edited as just saw someone sent you in right direction.
  • Megdmcda
    Options

where do i find that at?

Up the top next to where it says message boards it says groups. click on that and either go most popular as it is the second most popular or search for it. It is a great friendly group and always someone there to answer your questions
    thnx, i found it. :)