creative vegetable ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just had mashed cauliflower yesterday yummmy just like mashed potatoes.

With peeler, peel zucchini and put on tomato sauce (spaghetti sauce, Marinara or something), cheese if you like I do it cheeseless. Meat on it if you like like turkey pepperoni but it's good just sauce.

I love to fry up garlic in olive oil then throw in spinach, garlicky spinach (wilt it) it tastes good.

I just made hubby stuffed Peppers, orange ones are my fav. Put pepper in oven (after you clean it out) and then fill with wild/brown rice with artichoke and spaghetti sauce, add ground meat if you like .So easy so yummy. Add it after you roasted it in oven then stuff it and warm up.

I throw tons of veggies in the crockpot with roast or steak pieces/chicken, all my homemade soups, in the rice cooker with rice (artichoke goes with brown rice quite well), etc. I use organic green beans

I make fajitas but with EVERY veggie you have, organic frozen green beans (cooked obviously)

I fry up green beans in oil and then sautee up almond slices and throw on top with sea salt, very tasty...these are a big hit during the holidays.

Road's End organics gravies, they are healthy and gluten/dairy/soy-free and you add like rice milk or coconut milk and pour over veggies like steamed green beans or something.

If you have a juicer; celery, apple and carrot are yummy together.

Smoothies: add frozen spinach like 1/2 a cup to 1 cup or even more and you will never taste it!!!

thank you for the ideas! that garlic spinach sounds heavenly :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You can cut zucchini like noodles...Eggplant cut very thin to make lasagna No noodles in it.
    Mashed cauliflower...or cauliflower pizza crust. Veggies cooked then in a omelette
  • justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    I take a bag of Steamers (Yellow squash, carrots, onions, gr beans, Red pepper) Stir it into a jar of Marinara sauce, simmer it for about an hour and serve it over spaghetti noodles, It has no meat in it and it is a nice way to sneak in your veggies. I to struggle with eating those veggies, When I actually have a pile of green beans on my plate, or any other veggie, I eat them first before anything, while they are still hot. If I'm having a side of noodles or cous cous then I mix those veggies in on my plate.
  • stampinmama
    stampinmama Posts: 30
    Options
    Grilled - coat with cooking spray or olive oil and sprinkle with garlic pepper. Great for asparagus. Is also good for squash or zucchini.

is the george foreman good for grilled veggies?

YES!
  • stampinmama
    stampinmama Posts: 30
    Options
    jenny_harada_funny_salad.jpg

BWAAAAA... these are great!
  • jbro456
    jbro456 Posts: 15
    Options
    bump