why r my pounds not going anywere

Options
I watch what I eat I make sure I get the servings I need I push my self harder and harder at the gym my pounds stay the same I'm starting to think that this childhood obesity that followed me into adult hood is stuck I wish I had an answer to this body I stop drinking soda,coffee, no candy what the hek I feel so diappointed could anybodyrelate

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary people will have a better idea of what is going on and what advice to give you.

All I can suggest is make sure you are eating enough, (including exercise calories) if you are pushing yourself that hard. Water is important, and hang in there.

I can also promise that is is not "childhood obesity" that followed you into adulthood, kids are obese for the same reasons adults are, eating far far too much.
  • koreanbro
    koreanbro Posts: 7
    Options
    If you just started working out or on diet then it take time to body to react. first 3-4 month you will either gain weight or maintain same body weight(You will see the body transform slowly). after 3-4 month you will start losing weight if you watch your calories on your diet. less Carbs intake can help you lose weight fast also. try eating 40% protein, 30% carb and 30% fat on daily meal count.
  • mamnavarro
    mamnavarro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor and heck your thyroid function.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Be patient. I always have to tell myself that if it's taking a while and I'm doing what I'm supposed to then I must be doing it right! Quick weight loss is easier to gain back then weight loss that takes some time!
  • froglady1960
    Options
    Remember, muscle weights more than fat. Also, check on how many inches you have lost in your stomach and thights. Hang it, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    my pounds arent moving either but my inches are and that in itself is an accomplishment. I have been on a plateau for a few weeks. Hope to break it this week.
  • emorri24
    emorri24 Posts: 1
    Options
    make sure you measure your inches around areas of the body such as the hips, thigh, waist, arm and chest. because sometimes pounds wont show in weight loss because you may be putting on muscle at the gym. but the inches may show that you lost inches as your body is toning. Dont get down keep working hard :)

Also make sure you do not have to much fat in your diet
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You only joined this month and you've already lost 6lbs! Average over a pound a week is awesome.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I watch what I eat I make sure I get the servings I need I push my self harder and harder at the gym my pounds stay the same I'm starting to think that this childhood obesity that followed me into adult hood is stuck I wish I had an answer to this body I stop drinking soda,coffee, no candy what the hek I feel so diappointed could anybodyrelate
    You just joined in May and lost 6lb already! Thats a great loss for a months work. You need to be paitent because this is not a crash diet meant to make you lose 30lbs overnight. This is the right way to lose, and sometimes you just need more time to do something right. :)
  • mrsragan
    mrsragan Posts: 4
    Options
    Feeling just like you! I have been working hard not eating bad things and the scale is STUCK! It's really depressing to me. I feel like I am wasting my time working out and eating the right things only to stay the same weight. I am going to try a clease to see if maybe I can jump start my metabloism again. Recently my doctor took me off my thyroid meds as my blood work showed I was over medicated but now I am thinking it might be time to test it again. Hoping the scale will start moving soon. Good luck to you.