Do you still indulge in a drink or two?

Options

Replies

• tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    they way you are indulging is perfectly fine - you have them within your calorie limits and its all accounted for - i see no problem!

My problem is one drink means two, means3 means 4 means a chocolate and card binge which is over in all accounts, and a hangover the next day....

see? You have no problem!!!

<currently detoxing>!!! haha

Haha! Couldn't have summed it up better. I've cut it out except special occasions, Like holiday gatherings, birthday parties. Just a plain night at home. I don't touch it!
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I usually have a drink or two with the hubby on the weekends. Margaritas are whats happening for us right now!!!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I usually have a drink or two with the hubby on the weekends. Margaritas are whats happening for us right now!!!

Speaking of that, I made "skinny beer margaritas" last weekend and they were great. 1 part light beer, 1 part tequila, 1 part diet Sprite, 1 part frozen limeade, and some fresh lime juice.

Actually, I found it a bit too strong. Better off doing 1:.75:1:1
  • sophy28
    sophy28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes, since this is a lifestyle diet and not just something for a few weeks I do still drink, just not every night like I used to :P
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love my beer and I love all of the different kinds of beer! I switched from Miller Lite to Michelob Ultra though because of the carbs. I do notice a difference when I drink Miller Lite as opposed to Michelob Ultra, I pack on the weight faster! I can get away with drinking a few a week. Sunday my family gets together and cooks dinner so we have a few then, maybe 3. When my kids go with their dad I generally have a drink at dinner when we go out but I keep it calm and don't go crazy.
  • Joysuzhou
    Joysuzhou Posts: 29
    Options
    Oh yeah!!! Wine and occassionally cocktails. We deserve it:)
  • JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK
    JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I still drink beer and wine and I always log it- i cut back a whole whole lot. I would go insane without a little something - and I'm still losing
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Our house is like Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce half the time.

^ When can I move in? You are my kind of people! :drinker: :laugh:
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do but only every couple of weeks and I have changed my drink of choice from a frozen daquiri (with whipped cream) which probably has over 500 calories (I don't dare look lol) to a lighter drink of coconut rum with a little pineapple juice and a little sierra mist which is only about 200-250 calories. You can lower it even more with diet sierra mist but I hate diet soda and refuse to drink it.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I drink wine every weekend and I have managed to lose 35 lbs. I stay within my daily calorie goal, and I am usually active on weekends, so it works out. I do try to limit it to weekends, and keep my consumption to 12 oz/day. Sometimes I cheat a little....
    But my hubby and I love to cook and eat well, and good wine is just part of the overall dining experience.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I drink every day. Some days I have beer -- either Miller 64 or Bud 55 and some days I have vodka (like right now I have a bottle of Raspberry Smirnoff). Sometimes I will have wine. The thing is, I drink every day. You can lose weight while drinking as long as you are willing to exchange food for alcohol. I rarely have more than two beers a day so that's under 200 calories that I spend on alcohol those days but I could have had something much more substantial and I know it. It's worth the trade for me. If it's worth the trade for you, go for it.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very often. When I do, I just make sure it fits with my calories for that day.
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I still drink fairly often. I brew my own beer and my family owns a winery so it's always been part of my life. I made a rule that Sunday through Wednesdays I don't drink, but more often than not I'll have one drink. On days that I break the rule, I make myself walk to work the next day (it's only 25 min. walk) or add some extra cardio in to make up for it. I have learned through years of yo-yo dieting that denying yourself doesn't work. Compromise is where it's at.
  • wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yep, I drink occasionally during the week and weekends. Extra Smooth Vodka and Orange Sunrise Crystal Lite. I log it in when I do and I've still been able to maintain and lose weight :) We can't give up everything we love! LOL
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a glass of wine as long as you count the calories. Wine is even good for your heart. Many doctors recommend a glass of wine a day. :drinker: Which is all I can handle anyway. :blushing:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I have wine three or four times a week. I like a glass while I'm cooking and one with my meal. I don't eat chocolate or cake or biscuits or crisps, and I'm fine with that, but I wouldn't give up the pleasure of a glass of wine at the end of the day.

Same here. I drank, mainly wine, throughout my 30 pound weight loss and continue to do so now I am maintaining. Cutting it out wasn't practical for me, since I knew after I lost weight I'd go right back to drinking! I had to learn how to live with it early on in the process.

Bottoms up, my friends! :drinker:

This is me too--I love my red wine. There is no reason to deny yourself of something you truly love. For me, that's my wine and my half and half in my coffee.....I think those are the 2 biggies. Anyway, I lost weight, accounting for it in my diary and have maintained for 2 years w/it in the mix. I really do not drink anything else, maybe a very occasional margarita w/Mexican food, and a beer maybe twice a year...so can't account for success with those...just the vino.

have fun, and good luck!
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I will occasionally have a Mike's but I do try to stay away from regular margaritas and daiquiris as they as loaded with sugar and a bazillion calories. The Skinny Girl line is good for those kinds. :)
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I do occasionally, but I certainly will be tonight after having such a crap day
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nope. Of course, I was pregnant and now am breastfeeding. But, it's not something I do at home and since we almost never go out...
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love my wine. It's my treat to myself and I consider it dessert (I love a good Riesling or Moscato). I log the calories and if I don't have them or want a different dessert I change it. But as long as I'm accounting for it and have the calories I go for it.

This is a lifestyle change for me and I do like wine, just like chocolate, brownies, ice cream and all the other "evils" to the "dieting world". But I need to be able to do this in a way that I'm going to continue with. And that includes my treats and drinks....as long as they fit into my parameters.

And I've lost over 30 lbs!!!