Leg Injury

Options
kikix5
kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
So, I injured my lower leg (my tibia) when I slipped and fell, hitting it on a table leg, this was 2 months ago. I have had 2 xrays both negative and finally an MRI yesterday. The MRI was negative for everything, and all looked good.

Since the pain was gone last week, I ran last Wed. one mile felt good, and since it still felt good the next day, I ran another mile, felt fine while running but 3 hrs later is when the pain started again and has not left me :( Now, I have this pain, throbbing in my leg, front, back sides, all over also goes tingly too

I have been working out doing body revolution but modifying when my leg hurt while doing it

The Dr. said she thought that maybe it was shin splints and just still sore from the fall. and do some physical therapy. Well, Shin splints and a bone contusion or stress fracture would have shown up on the MRI (as I have read and researched and asked my friend thats a mri tech) so I don't get it.. It's really driving me nuts, I just want to get back to my life without pain especially if all scans say nothing is there.

Anyone ever have this before?? I'm thinking I should just keep on working out, if it hurts, not to do that workout... any thoughts??

Replies

• phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Couple of things:

baby steps - since you are just getting back into it, don't exercise daily, yet

running is harder on the leg joints than other exercises (elliptical/bike) - are these an alternative?

I would let the pain go away prior to doing anything again.

Good luck!
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I work out at home, so don't have a bike, but have the elliptical, which my hip doesn't like, haha, but with it getting warmer out finally, I can get into my moms pool to do laps, so I guess I can do that. Also when time to try to run again, I read to start running again in the grass or where its softer, so I will run around my yard, (have 2 acres to run)