Thoughts on water?

Options
2»

Replies

• duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I notice a drastic difference when I'm drinking all water as opposed to other caloric drinks (soda, etc). I feel much better, I'm not as hungry, and have more energy.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I think it's good for weight loss because it replaces all of the other crap we can drink. Soda, juice, coffee, etc. So you aren't using half of your calories on that Mountain Dew or Pepsi.
    In general, I know the more water I drink, the better my skin looks. My hair is also healthier.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever drink water. It's really really bad, I know, But I just don't like it =\ I drink a lot of coconut water and green tea. I need some sorta flavor

i drink green tea daily, but i also INCREASE my water by whatever amount of tea i drink. tea (or anything with caffeine) will make you MORE dehydrated. add some lemon or lime juice if you want some flavor in your water.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think it is really good for your body. I go through a butt-load of h2o each day. :wink:
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I got told I was drinking too much with a test showing things were too diluted! I can get avg 8-10 cups a day and just found I got used to wanting it. water bottles all over the house, work and car. But as i was told, you can actually have too much but the probs behind that info has not been fully explained yet. If I think of food or water I straight away have a drink. Guess I gotta find the answer to this really :)

Not enough is not good, but gotta find out if too much is either good or bad also!

Get back to you on this one. The water limit suggestion of 8 glasses a day should not be gospel as every body is physically different and every body needs different amounts, some 6 and some 10. The 8 glasses is an average. Not drinking enough water will give you bright yellow pee and too much will have a pale yellow colour too it. Got ask your Doctor for the best suited to you after a blood test I guess.

Cheers!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Love it. When I drink. 90 plus ounces a day I am way less bloated... I crave less junk and lose weight more consistantly.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Water just makes me feel good. Helps with bloating, and constipation. Makes my brain feel sharper. Makes my skin look smoother and brighter. And I feel like it makes me calmer so I have better willpower. Plus if I'm super hungry and I can't eat, or I'm confronted with yummy things at work that I can't eat, I chug a bottle of water and a minute later I'm not even thinking about donuts and such. I think it's definitely worth the effort it takes to sometimes get enough.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I think the eight glasses a day is overhyped - google around and see there are other views on it. e.g. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day

I like drinking water so its not that hard for me and I still aim to get 6 glasses a day, more if I'm going for a long walk in the sun
  • monica22886
    monica22886 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was stuck with my weight loss, I'm talking not BUDGING. I started drinking more water. For the past 4 weeks I've drank over 64 oz a day and managed to lose 10 more pounds! I give sole credit to the water!
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    I was stuck with my weight loss, I'm talking not BUDGING. I started drinking more water. For the past 4 weeks I've drank over 64 oz a day and managed to lose 10 more pounds! I give sole credit to the water!

Ok, this has motivated me to drink more! :opens bottle:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    ever since I uppped my water intake I seem to be having a harder time to lose weight. What's up with that? It's driving me crazy. My diet isn't perfect all the time so I know that's part of it but I drink a min of 10 glasses of water a day!
  • twogunn
    twogunn Posts: 2
    Options
    Years ago someone put forth the idea that we all needed to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Perhaps it came from a series of studies in the 1940s after which the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine opined that the “RDA” for water should be roughly 1 ml per calorie consumed. At their recommended 2000 calories a day, that worked out to 2 liters a day, or roughly 8 eight-ounce glasses. Lost in the translation somewhere was an important caveat that much – if not most – of the water we required could actually be obtained from the foods we eat. In other words, it simply was not necessary to actually drink 8 glasses a day.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-glasses-of-water-a-day/#ixzz1vtl9Lxz9
  • lisaishotpink
    lisaishotpink Posts: 124
    Options
    I drink it when I get thirsty. Simple. Also before a meal I drink at least a glass, normally two, and I find that I don't eat as much.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think drinking water helps to lose weight only if one/some of the following are true:

1. Drinking water causes you to eat or drink less calories overall.
    2. You drink so much that you burn a significant number of calories running to the rest room.
    3. You think it helps (the placebo affect)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Remember, 8 glasses is a GUIDELINE based off of an average of the average person. This means that there will be people who need more and people who need less. I personally need less unless I am really working hard that day (like gardening for hours). It has not hurt my weight loss in any way.

The best way water helps with weight loss is if you are replacing high calorie drinks (sweet tea, soda, ect) with water. Right there you are decreasing your calories without any other change.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the input and opinions. I'll give drinking more water a try for a month and see what happens. I'm sure it can't hurt. I tend to drink a lot more diet soda than I should.