So impressed by the MFP community.

Options
KetoBella
KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
On 5/1/12 I came to MFP as a place to track my calories. I determined that by being honest with myself I would be able to lose weight. I just knew myself well enough to know even if I was the only one to ever see my food journals I would HATE to have to log anything unless I was willing to admit to it. So that was my only rule, to track every bite no matter what. I also made a daily calorie goal so that I could lose weight but that wasn't my promise to myself.

Previously I used a different forum for support since it was one I had found many years ago that was really busy, many people with lots to say and share. It took me a few days to explore the MFP community, the way it appears isn't the same as the other one so I didn't know how to drill down to get more than just posts available on the first page. Now I know how Dorothy felt when she first landed in OZ. Suddenly I felt like I was on the yellow brick road on my way to meet the Wizzard.

I should explain the previous forum was a low carb forum with all the advice and comments slanted to that way of eating. It just never worked for me and I felt like a failure. I felt an apple or a potato just can't be bad, and I couldn't make sense of eating nothing but fat or all protien and don't worry about calories. I also noticed alot of failure amongst the members too. So many posts that said they broke down and ate a carbohydrate and now they hated themselves.

The point I am hoping to make is the community of MFP is amazing. Every few minutes a new amazing success story is posted. The responses to requests for help and information are sincere and generous. There is a place for everyone in this community, every shape, age, gender and even nationality. I feel like I finally have found a place I can feel at home and look forward to getting to know all my new friends.

Replies

• ginacs6
    ginacs6 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. There is someone here for every type of person to connect with. This site has made a huge difference in my life and my health and Ive made some true friends on here too. I talk this site up to everyone!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    What a nice post ....... and I agree the members are beyond helpful, which is a great relief ! I'd been on another website for awhile & did well losing ....... but sometimes a shake-up is needed ...... gotta say, this calorie-counter is cool ....... in just a few short weeks I've tweaked some food items & made better choices eating out .....

Happy losing !
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't "stumbled across" MFP app on my kindle. It has made a huge difference, and I've found wonderful friends that support and motivate me everyday. Best wishes to you!!:flowerforyou: