Crunch Challenge - Week 5 Check in - Join us!

Options

Replies

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Mary24... AWESOME!!!!!! Do take that measurement, because you could surprise yourself! I found I saw the biggest difference that first week, because of the "bloat reduction". :wink: Good luck for this week!

SinnetteFamily - good work!!! You two have done so well!!! You will be my inspiration for this week!!!

Lost 1 lb, waist still 28".:ohwell:

I will persist!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 77dakota77
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join, i really like the idea of giving myself goals and sharing results with you all. What a great idea!
    Ok so my waist size is now 32" and I have just done my first set of 100 crunches. Can anyone give me some tips on lunges as I am useless at doing them correctly. Thanks:happy:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Welcome AnnLou! Good work on the crunches... okay, describing a lunge...

LUNGES
    With arms in "running position" lunge forward with one foot, which should bend at a 90 degree angle, without the knee going past your ankle. Your back leg should also be at a 90 degree angle, therefore almost touching the floor. Once you lunge forward, you hold it breifly, then step back into place.

As your strength improves, control of the movement will also improve (or get easier!). I alternate legs, however some people like to do them in "sets", e.g. 10 per leg, or 20 per leg and then alternating.

You can also do them in a forward movement succession. You often see people on jogging or walking tracks doing them while moving forward. Albert also reminded us that on the show "Friends", Joey puts all of Chandler clothes, and then does "lunges" to try and break a sweat. Do you recall?

Enjoy them!!!
  • 77dakota77
    Options
    Thanks AJCM for the instructions, that's what i was doing but obviously not correctly as it hurt. Anyway I know how to do it well now. Thanks:smile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Glad it was somewhat helpful!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    No change for me; not a good week last week as I had to work crazy hours and only got in two workouts all week. Maybe next week!
  • kkeegan11
    kkeegan11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i would love to join this challenge! i am new to this website and really like the idea of sharing news with everyone else... my waist is 39 in :ohwell: but hopefully this will motivate me to work everyday!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Welcome KKeegan! It's really just for fun, and I just like to wake up my muscles in the evening, and give my metabolism a small boost! I got the hubby in on it, and it's kind of a fun way to stay interested!

Enjoy it!
  • 77dakota77
    Options
    Welcome Kkeegan,
    I think this place is great, I joined on sunday and everyday this week i have done my 100 crunches, its just nice to know that other people are doing it as well. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • kriegerfamily
    Options
    To not strain my neck I look and reach for the ceiling. Do we check in every Monday?
  • kriegerfamily
    Options
    Ok I am at 36" will check in on monday thanks.:smile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Welcome Kreiger...

To all... I will post a new message thread Monday so that this is not SO LONG!

Enjoy your crunches!
    :tongue:
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What is an oblique crunch. I need these, but do not know how to do.
  • jamckm
    jamckm Posts: 1
    Options
    :happy: Hi all! I'm a newbie, Started today!! What a great challenge!!
    Waist 35
    Jam
  • AJCM
    Options
    Welcome JAM!!!
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    Hey, I was 31.5 and now a 31 or 30.5 yay.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Congrats Monica!

Sorry Wantabe - I forgot to respond about an "oblique crunch"... basically any crunch that targets the obliques (sides) so you can do a crunch with one ankle on the other knee, and then your crunch up to the opposite side. Or you can do a regular crunch, and just crunch it off to the side.

Hope that helps!
  • Sinnettfamily
    Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Check in time.

I am still at 100 to 150 crunches a day and I do almost 80 lunges. Having a hard time with the pushups, my back hurts doing even the girl ones. :( Anyways lost 3 more pounds and 1 inch. So I am officially in the 140's (148 to be exact) and 37 inches. YEAH ME! How is everyone else a doing?
  • goofball
    goofball Posts: 12
    Options
    OK, so may join but wondering-(newbie here) if I have to worry about the calories burned doing that and having to add them to my "net calorie" intake every day? Thanks!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Sinnette - GREAT work! :flowerforyou:

Goofball... I figured 80 calories was fair (using internet searches and estimating) for 50 lunges, 20 push ups, and 400 crunches... I get's me my evening snack!
    :smile:

No change on my waist - 28" but I lost 2 lbs! I'm pushing on...
    Good luck to everyone!
    :tongue: