How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
How often do you weigh yourself? The last time I worked on losing weight, i wouldn't weigh myself except monthly. I was worried I would get really stuck on weighing myself and feeling bad if I gained weight. But now I am thinking weekly might work. I really started focusing on losing weight about a week ago, and I am noticing that I feel slimmer, but I am terrified about weighing myself and seeing that I didn't loose any.

Replies

• reallyregina
    reallyregina Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week around 11am.
  • michelechavez
    Options
    I, too, weigh once a week first thing in the morning. I don't think it is the actual number that matters, but just the fact that I am holding myself accountable.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Every Morning!:flowerforyou:
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Every Monday at 5 pm after work before i start my boot camp class.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I started off doing it every time I went to the gym, but I found that made me depressed. This month I weighed on the 1st, the 14th and now I'm waiting until the last day of the month to weigh again. =)
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing daily, and EVERYDAY the scale has been down.

Denise
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started off doing it every time I went to the gym, but I found that made me depressed. This month I weighed on the 1st, the 14th and now I'm waiting until the last day of the month to weigh again. =)

I think I am also going to start doing every 2 weeks. Maybe then I won't get so bummed. :)
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. Friday mornings. I wake up, do my morning routine and before I get in the shower I weigh myself. Didnt like what I saw this week however...oh well! Good luck
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i do the naughty thing.. and i weight every morning... but i dont freak out if i gain..i know that it goes up and down.. but i know that as long as my weekly numbers are going down then i am doing ok

the thing for me.. i use it as motivation.. if i dont go down or even GASP go up.. i use it as motivation to get back down and eat better and work harder...

I know i am going to get the terror of poop rained down on me for admiting this but for me it works.. i weight myself for my constant reminder of my ulitmate goal...
  • Mizzhill
    Mizzhill Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do a weigh in once a week but for me the official weigh in is every other Saturday.
  • csimmons0914
    Options
    I weigh yself every morning and night. Not a good pattern and I would not reccommend doing it twice a day because it will drive you crazy. Im a little obsessed.
  • MThornburg74
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week first thing in the morning before any breakfast, coffee, etc.... usually 6:30am. I hadn't weighed myself in a very long time before I started getting back in shape because I knew I would obsess, too. Now, I weigh and go on with my day. There are weeks that I have some water weight that makes my loss/gain fluctuate, so I try not to worry about that. I have lost 15 total pounds since April 2 (I had a doc visit, so I knew how much I weighed!) and 10 of those pounds are since I started tracking food and exercise on here. :)

Good luck! Don't obsess. I know it's hard not to!
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I only record it once a week.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh twice daily to see what how much it fluctuated eating certain foods but since after xmas I've only been losing a few extra pounds when water comes off after monthlies so I just weigh then and see what I'm down too as I know which foods make me put on the most water now.
  • lhinds85
    lhinds85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself daily. It motivates me to keep doing better each day to see results. Even if i dont lose anything it helps me to push harder that day so that i will see results. I admit that i dont always remember to do this.
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    each and every morning faithfully if it goes up it doesn't bother me . if it goes down it gives me the push to do better that day and i keep on getting results .:happy:
  • ann162
    ann162 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started out weighing myself every couple of days, then went to weekly. I try to weigh myself every Monday morning unless I feel my clothes fitting differently then I just have to see what I am at :) It has been a big motivator for me.
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning... which is good for me i used to be addicted to the scale and weigh myself when i woke up, everytime i ate, and when i went to bed.... I only count my weigh in's on friday's.... its a good motivator. If mid week im not getting close to my weekly goal then I have time to pick up the pace :)
  • jeremydolby
    jeremydolby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every morning; I've found that I keep myself focused on my goal if I see daily how my previous 24 hours of eating/drinking affected my progress. If you aren't able to commit to the diet, you might want to weigh weekly but I'd highly recommend daily weigh ins, in the morning so you see baby step progress. Seeing that first 10 pounds go is great, the second 10 is awesome and from there you're on autopilot.

Keep it up and good luck!
  • Deelite2012
    Deelite2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For someone to say they weigh themselves daily and the scale goes down every single time sounds unbelievable to me. Weight fluctuates so much and you can be obsessed with numbers. I suggest that you weigh yourself 1x a week at the same day and the same time and take your measurements. I am doing the Insanity tape and I am losing more inches then weight so that is important too as muscle weighs more than fat. It also depends on your personality - if it helps you to see the numbers go up and down then go for it but if it discourages you then I would not suggest it.