Replies

• twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-bummmp
  • Yazzy623
    Yazzy623 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Usually if it is good, then it is "junk food". But Girl, they are only 170 calories.... so why not? One a day or every other day will not hurt you.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your book might be different than mine, but in my book it is junk food. Or rather "trigger food". I see it has 7 saturated fats, I'm only suppose to have 8 a day, so it's not worth it to me.

On a side note...eat one for me, would ya?! :love: :love: :laugh:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Lots of added sugar so certainly not healthy but it looks perfectly fine for a sweet treat!
  • twinmama1987
    Options
    they are DELISH! .. and I dont feel guitly eating them lol. I am lactose intolerant... so when i eat ice cream, bad things happen to good people .. and the people around me lol.
  • twinmama1987
    Options
    Or I guess what I should ask is .. Is this considered a 'cheat' lololol
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you consider junk, or what you consider a cheat! i have snacks, i just try to at least make wiser choices than i would have in the past. I have weight watchers or skinny cow ice creams as my sweet treat sometimes.

What are those ones? Yum!
  • twinmama1987
    Options
    So Delicious Coconut Almond Bars :)
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I think a healthy diet should include a treat, and this is definitely not the worst you could do, treat-wise.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is " do these fit within my macros/and or calories for the day?" If the answer is yes... then I say enjoy. They look like a pretty good choice and if they taste good and are worth the calories... I say go for it.
  • annabelsmommy
    annabelsmommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    They ingredients all look good for a pretty healthy snack except for the amount of saturated fat. I've recently learned some horrid things about sat fat so trying to avoid it lol!
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would say yes because that is alot of fat for 170 calories... with that said If you really like them having them once or twice a week would not be the end of the world .... you need those special treats you love
  • 0lightasair
    0lightasair Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I consider it soul food. As long as your soul doesn't become so big your body has to expand to accommodate it, all is well! =)
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Why are people so afraid of fat? I'd be more leery (not afraid) if that pushed me over my sugar limit for the day. You HAVE to enjoy yourself, or all of this hard work on MFP just isn't worth it. YMMV.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is " do these fit within my macros/and or calories for the day?" If the answer is yes... then I say enjoy. They look like a pretty good choice and if they taste good and are worth the calories... I say go for it.

^^^ This. There is no more "junk food" / "no junk food" line for you. Welcome to controlled eating.

If you're tracking your fats, carbs, proteins, sugar, and calories and making sure you eat enough of each one every day to remain healthy while not going over on any one of them by a ridiculous amount, there IS NO JUNK FOOD in your vocabulary any more.

There are only foods that you can fit in your daily intake, and those that you cannot. And that's not something anyone else can answer. Have you eaten all the nutritious foods you need for the day and do you have a little room for some fat and sugar? Then eat up! If not, adjust the rest of your diet around one of these if they are the treat that keeps you sane.

I drink beer, wine, and whiskey. I eat chocolate, cake, cookies, and ice cream. But I make sure I fit such things into my diet. They aren't junk food if I've eaten all my proteins and other macros for the day and have enough room to work one in.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    At 170 calories and only 15 carbs I would eat it.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd consider it "junk food". The reason is its fairly high in calories (170) considering that its only 52grams in weight, its high in sugar, its very high in fat - and there doesn't appear to be any nutritional value at all.

Basically I consider everything that does not have nutritional value to be "junk food" because there is nothing there to actually fuel your body.

I'd like to say I never eat that stuff - but that's clearly a lie or I would be a smaller size. But I do try hard not be decieve myself about what I'm putting in my mouth. Maybe some day I'll be able to say that I never eat that stuff anymore....
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Or I guess what I should ask is .. Is this considered a 'cheat' lololol

Nothing is a cheat if it fits in your calorie goals and you are getting adequate nutrition (fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean protein, etc) from the rest of your diet.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I like the 100-calorie coconut sandwiches even better.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This is a treat! Enjoy it! If it fits in your cals and macros, a treat every now and then won't do harm.

My problem would be eating the whole box in one sitting they are addictive....:blushing: