How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Anytime im in the bathroom which with 8 glasses a day is quite often. But i only actually track my weight once a month because its up and down all day
  • Xena03
    Xena03 Posts: 12
    Options
    I used to weigh in weekly. But I heard on the news recently that, according to studies, people who weigh themselves every day lost more weight than those who weighed less often. I remembered I had heard that before so I thought I would give it a try. It works great for me, I think, because my expectations for one day are not as high as for a week. I get instant feedback and don't risk feeling like I failed for a whole week when I could have caught it sooner. Small tweaks and I'm back on track. Good luck!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    weigh daily, record weekly
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Once a month, I'm more about taking measurements then reading a scale
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bed > Bathroom > Scale, every day.

I don't obsess over the number because I know it fluctuates a lot, but I like to know what it is.
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    I have bad habit of doing it everyday. But I only record on here every Friday. Looking at it everyday helps me stay focused. If i went up at all, I push it more that day.
  • courtxoney
    courtxoney Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    depends on how i feel, but usually friday or saturday.
    sometimes monday.
  • lfaulk1981
    lfaulk1981 Posts: 2
    Options
    I weigh every morning, it helps me set daily goals. I'm more of a short term person, if I weigh weekly I tend to lose focus mid week.
  • rmalford
    rmalford Posts: 58
    Options
    Every day, but I understand variations. Probably also depends on your scale's resolution and accuracy. I recenty changed to a digital scale, indicating 0.2# accuracy that actually seems pretty good. Of course morning weight will wiggle a bit, but overall there has been a very linear decrease in weight. Of course, I instantly gained 5# when I switched scales:(

Realize that losing 2# per week would be about a quarter lb a day which stresses the accuracy and repeatability of most scales. Only reason I see for not weighing every day is if you get freaked out by variations, and that is a personal problem.

Chees
  • junetortoise
    Options
    I think it needs to be different for everyone. You have to go with what works for you in a positive way.
    I am the same as you. I weigh first thing every morning. I get excited when I see the numbers go down. On those days when my number is up, it helps me put in perspective what I'd eaten the day before and how those particular foods effect me. I've gotten now, where I know what foods will put me up, so I choose them less often, and I don't stress about it.
  • cheesethings
    Options
    Once a week is a safe way of tracking your weight. Any more can make you a little nutty and any less may not provide the accountability that we all need. Good luck!
  • sonniedee
    sonniedee Posts: 26
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every morning, like many have admitted they do. I also do not freak out if I go up as I know I'll go back down. I have found, due to my height (5'11") and my body's ability to distribute weight gain very evenly (it's a good and a bad thing), I can gain 10 to 15 pounds without being aware of it. I need to monitor my weight a little more carefully because of this. So...I weigh every morning, but only count the weight on Monday mornings.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    i do the naughty thing.. and i weight every morning... but i dont freak out if i gain..i know that it goes up and down.. but i know that as long as my weekly numbers are going down then i am doing ok

the thing for me.. i use it as motivation.. if i dont go down or even GASP go up.. i use it as motivation to get back down and eat better and work harder...

I know i am going to get the terror of poop rained down on me for admiting this but for me it works.. i weight myself for my constant reminder of my ulitmate goal...

I do 4x a week ( the days I work out)...some days it sucks 'cause it is up...other days I have a spring in my step because it is down
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily, I know that it is not recommended however I have a scale that shows body fat and hydration (water weight) so it keeps me in check when I see a big drop in weight I can easly see if it is water weight. I like to see the number daily as motivation of where I want to get but if the number goes up I don't let it bring my day down becuase in my head I look at the weekly progress. As long as my Sunday weight is lower than last Sunday I am doing "good". Another reason I weigh in daily is it keeps me honest on late night snacking. I won't hit up the snacks if I know I am stepping on the scale in the morning. My Two Cents.
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I, too, weigh once a week first thing in the morning. I don't think it is the actual number that matters, but just the fact that I am holding myself accountable.

This, but I weigh daily :noway:
  • arky77
    arky77 Posts: 24
    Options
    I do once a week, maybe twice...every day is what I did years ago and felt obsessed and that wasn't good for me.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to my scale, so since I am short...I got a ladder and put it up in my attic. Otherwise, I'd weigh myself three times a day.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My "official" weigh in is once a week, Thursday mornings, at my Weight Watcher meeting.

That being said... I do tend to step on the scale at home on Monday to assess how I did over the weekend. I try not to let it stress me out if it shows a gain. :tongue:
  • tootie861965
    Options
    ONCE A DAY KEEPS ME ON TRACK. IF I WAIT, I CAN GAIN & DON'T HAVE TIME FIX IT!