MOTHERS OF YOUNG CHILDREN

Options
124»

Replies

• faithfulrose
    faithfulrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 14 month old quadruplets, so I totally get not having a lot of time! I do the 30DS in the mornings before they get up. I don't get to it everyday, but I find that if I don't do it before they get up, then I'm just too tired as the day goes on.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have three 1, 3, and 4. I use my Wii to get my workouts in, none of them take naps any more and my fiance uses the tv at night so I only have the morning to do it while he's at work. So my hour workout ends up being closer to 2 1/2 hours, between stopping for dirty diapers, potty runs, snacks, or booboos.
  • Lovinmama
    Lovinmama Posts: 38
    Options
    i will do work outs with them (they are 2 and 4) or do it when they sleep or hubby can take over)
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    After i put her to sleep around 7 or 8... i have a treadmill and elliptical at home, so i do at least one hour of exercise, shower and go to sleep
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My kids don't like too sit in the stroller for very long either (16 months old) but I walk fast, talk to them, give them toys to play with because I believe this is "my" time to workout and they will give me at least 30min-1hr and when they are old enough to understand that this is "mama's time" and we'll do something afterwards! :)

All 3 of my kids go to bed by 6pm. I can workout when they are in bed but I can't sleep if I workout late. lol

Also, my kids nap for 2-3 hours and it gives me time to workout and take a nap if I need too.
  • octleigh
    octleigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mrskatekline
    mrskatekline Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids (an almost 3 year old and a 1 year old) and I work full time. The only way I get my workout in each day is by getting up before the kids. I usually wake up between 4:30 and 5:00 to workout. By the time I'm out of the shower and dressed for work, they're waking up. If I wait until nighttime to workout, I'll come up with every excuse in the book not to do it!
  • NannaBanana
    NannaBanana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work full-time as well, but my husband is a Marine and wakes up at the crack of dawn to get to work. That makes me have to wait until after I get off work at 3:30 to scramble to the gym before I have to pick the kids up (all sweaty *yuck*) before 6. I sit in traffic for 30-45 mins so I don't usually get to the gym before 430. I get SO exhausted with that routine! I am totally a morning workout person. I like to have it over with! This will have to do for now...but it seriously inhibits my motivation! Anyone else have this problem?
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am a new mom my daughter is just 3 months and I have canceled my gym membership!!! I work 8-5 Monday-Friday and a single mom so i don't have somebody to watch my daughter when I go to the gym. So, I wait until I put her in bed usually around 8 and do my work out then (right now it's Jillian Micheals 30 day shread). It's a great way to get my workouts in and not have to spend even more time away from my daughter!:wink:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 4. In the winter I would run on the treadmill in the basement and she watched cartoons, now I run outside on my lunch break and after work while my boyfriend watches her.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have a 4yr old, so when I get home from work, he for the most part stays out of the way when im doing my workout, or he will sit on the couch and cheer me on while I do my Turbo Fire {lol}, but if he has extra energy then my Husband usually will do something with him, like go outside, or color... keep him occupied until im done and then we can all do whatever, together.

^^^THIS except I do Wii or Zumba dvd.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have a 22 month old and an 8 week old. Yep... I'm busy.

If your little one hates being in a stroller, have you looked into a baby wrap? And not a bjorn.. those things are uncomfortable and not good for your little ones hips. But what about a boba carrier or an ergo? Or a kozy carrier? Then you can just put your little one on your back (or front) and go! :)

Spoken like a true babywearer! I second this........ when my oldest was younger, she would ride on my back all the time while I went on walks. It was great!

I love the ringsling in your pic!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Usually I will have hubby watch the kids while I go walk or occasionally I'll put the baby in the sister and bribe my 4 year old with a treat if she walks by the stroller and doesn't run off lol. I've tried doing 30ds with both kids up. My 4 month old baby was fascinated. My 4 year old kept trying to run off with my free weights or lay under me when I tried to lay down for ab work or push ups.