Do the curtains match the carpet?

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
As my wife is doing some remodeling, were wondering Is it important that they do? I've been in a lot of houses that dont even have carpet but a smooth surface. I personally like a little plush carpeting but does it have to match the drapes? thoughts????

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I think if you have carpeting, it should match the drapes. Otherwise it's just tacky.

Although I prefer no carpet at all.
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a throw-rug is nice, that way you can add some color to liven things up.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I like floral print.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Mine match... however I can't tell you off the top of my head if my friends' or family members' curtains match their rugs... so guess it isn't all that important to me :flowerforyou:
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    I thought this post was about something completely different!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!! :blushing:
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I'm thinking as long as you are getting invited in, complaining about the decor might be a quick invitation back out...
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say they have to match exactly. But more "go with" the colour scheme in the room.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I like everything to be light and clean and beautiful. I've got bare floors and white curtains.
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    I thought this post was about something completely different!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!! :blushing:

Me too!!! lol I guess my mind is in bad places today hahahaha, I was thinking, I can't believe somebody would actually ask that... and was curious to see how people would respond... :laugh:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I like everything to be light and clean and beautiful. I've got bare floors and white curtains.

Same except, I've got dark curtains.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I think as long as its not all ratty with animal piss all over the place you're fine.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

^^^ me too! :blushing:
  • cgrigz
    cgrigz Posts: 101
    Options
    i was totally thinking this was something else!!! ooops
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options

HAHAHAHA me toooo!!!! wanted to see how it would have went....
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Me too!!! lol I guess my mind is in bad places today hahahaha, I was thinking, I can't believe somebody would actually ask that... and was curious to see how people would respond... :laugh:

I was going to say my husband likes hardwoods,,,:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Ya, I prefer hard wood to carpet.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    What if they are blinds? :noway:
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options

lol yup... a dirty mind is a glorious thing :wink:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

I was going to say my husband likes hardwoods,,,:blushing: :bigsmile:

Just sayin...any dude who likes hard wood is probably not going to care about the carpet :D
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options

My thoughts exactly!!! :laugh: